In this Discussion

the offical world cup thread

Comments

• It'd be pretty awesome if we won the world cup. We wont tho, you're right Pandy, it'll be like Brazil or someone. I'm quite looking forwards to everything this year, I remember wanting to win really bad in 2002 so it'd be like, win the world cup, Queens jubilee. but yeah we are rubbish... Meh.
  • i feel all bad cause i'm not all into the world cup sad.gif . but soccer never interests me, i can't just sit there and watch it.
  • Same here.
  • QUOTE (Pearl @ May 27 2006, 10:35 PM)
    Same here.

i'm glad i'm not the only one.
  • You're not, I just can't sit and watch them kick back and forth a ball, I know it's hard to handle a soccer ball and do all those tricksies, but I don't find it fun.
  • football is the sport of the gods
  • Yeah but football in your country isn't a major sport you guys. You have baseball and american football and basketball and ice hockey.... Football is our national sport. And we like to win biggrin.gif

Also, I don't find football interesting unless I either support the team who is playing, or actually care, like its a cup final or a playoff or something. I can't just watch ANY match. Infact, if I was at home the only matches I would watch would be England ones....
  • what team, team do you support dear jenit?
  • haha. England?!?!

When I was younger I supported Man Utd because my Dad did, but then I lost interest in football, and became interested in things like boys (which then came back to me 'liking' football)

I don't really support anyone, but Ryan supports Norwich, so I do too.
  • well sumone has to support norwich i guess =p
  • Football is the sport of the gods? That won't do it for me. And who are these gods yer talking about pandy? They good gods?
  • for those who don't know, this is Australia's first time in the world cup for 30 something years, and we're definately not going to win! Though I'm still going to support them like all hell though. Along with England and South Africa (My heritage)
  • Yay for OZ! But I hate to say I think you're right, you have no chance of winning. WE have no chance of winning either, but we can dream smile.gif Good luck!

AND you're in a group with Brazil. Eugh. really, good luck.
  • auzzys gonna get raped by brazil!

belive jen!

go eat a belive bar
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ May 30 2006, 09:46 AM)
    auzzys gonna get raped by brazil!

ohmy.gif
  • I need to learn everything and anythingabout soccer before September, because I really want to go to soccer games in Scotland.
  • all you needs to know is scottish football sucks arse

but i shall teach you the ways on msn if you wish, think ive already got you on there
  • QUOTE (giggleguy @ May 30 2006, 12:51 PM)
    for those who don't know, this is Australia's first time in the world cup for 30 something years, and we're definately not going to win! Though I'm still going to support them like all hell though. Along with England and South Africa (My heritage)

The national flag of your country says that people in Australia inherit talent for football from England, I think wink.gif. There're good Aussie players as well, they look so tough and strong. Don't break Japanese players please.
    Every country has a chance to win, Brazil is way too greater than any others tho.
  • in random sexy japan news

me and my mate pimpy always try to win the world cup with japan on my old ISS3 game, which is a mighty task

but the game has an amazing thing, it shows a cut screan of the manager and says random stuff like

"japan team manager said before the game...THEY WILL FIGHT TO THE BITTER END"

<3 japan
  • hahaha I love video games... AND *sigh* I told my brothers that I would watch a game of footy with them =\... don't know if I'll be able to handle it... Can anyone tell me a good reasong why I should love, like, or just enjoy a game of football? People think I'm nuts for not liking the game.