In this Discussion

the offical world cup thread

Comments

• blink.gif blink.gif dry.gif

Ohhh my...Ok...as an italian football (soccer) is my LIFE!!! *gah*
    So i am INSANELY EXCITED for the WORLD CUP!!

WHY SHOULD YOU BE INTO SOCCER?

it is one of the only professional sports that most countries can play/afford to play on the world stage!
    IT brings ppl together....THE WORLD CUP *aside from the olympics* is one of the BIGGEST SPORTING EVENTS ON THE PLANET!!!!!!!!!

I want to break out into some cheesey we are the world type song and sway back and forth but ill pass...
    But ya its fun sport...maybe not the most exciting to watch...but after time..every pass can be exciting

Ok im just a bit obsessed with the sport so im uber biased

VIVA ITALIA!!!
  • shame itally can only buy themselfs to winning match

BOOOYA
  • that juventus shit is such a load of crap

I am soo glad they are getting regulated ...they should be sent to friggen C instead of B and be forced to play wearing skirts or something...then they should all be shit individually in the face....

SOOO UNIMPRESSED

Viva my shitty serie B team Bari! what what LOL
  • it starts tomos

*rubs legs*

yes please
  • CLINT DEMPSEY!!!!! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

is the man.

I love soccer/football. we get Fox Soccer Channel which plays European games like Premier league and random other games all the time, and I love it.

However, I'm scared for the revs. we haven't been that great this year (though its still early) and w/ dempsey leaving and pat noonan injured, we'll prolly suck for a while. ah well.

I cannot wait for the World Cup to start. tomorrow. while I'm in school, which sucks, but its better than four years ago when we got up at, i dunno, 5:30 am just to watch the US play.

anyways, yeah. go USA, and go Dempsey. I hope he gets some playing time, because he definitely won't be a starter. but yeah. the anticipation is killing me. (kind of not really)
  • ben olson was the best usa player ive seen#

forest(my team) got him on loan...he was amazing

then he tore about every tendon in his knee

it starts in 4 hours!

WEEE
  • Italia doesnt plya til monday!

*books monday off of work*

AHAHHAHA OMG IM SOO FKN EXCITED!

tis casual friday today at work so im wearing this button up shrt with my italia tee underneath! WOOWOWO

OMMGGG *shits self* soo excited
    WORLD CUP PARRRRRTYY

Germeny and CostaRica today! 1st game

OH EM GEE *wooo*

Im ok now :$
  • england play tomos

im so excited i might have pant exploshons
  • HAHAHA

Im soo excited...if iwere a guy i'd have a raging hardon!
    HAHAHA
  • Question:

Why is Group C called the Group of Death?

Oh and who the hell scheduled the first England game so that it's on at 8 am here?!
  • Group of Death is a specially selected group in which the team which comes bottom is literally put to death. They do it every World Cup, its a bit barbaric but its quite funny seeing some poor footballing nation's team get eaten by lions.

I do hope Milan, Juve, Lazio and the rest get sent down for match fixing because italian football sucks, they've slowed the game down with their constant diving, and underhand time wasting tactics.
  • WELCOME BACK MIKE biggrin.gif

and it kicks off at 2pm here, so I guess they just did it as to when it was going to happen?
  • They do it according to the time in Germany. Its pretty simple really. This way they get 3 games in; one at 3, one at 6, and one at 9. This way the german people get to see most of the games and its reasonable for the players. Last world cup we had to watch games between 8 and 12 in the morning.
  • QUOTE (Revolver @ Jun 10 2006, 04:59 AM)
    They do it according to the time in Germany. Its pretty simple really. This way they get 3 games in; one at 3, one at 6, and one at 9. This way the german people get to see most of the games and its reasonable for the players. Last world cup we had to watch games between 8 and 12 in the morning.

8AM? That's too early in the morning for sports, sheesh. Over here, the first one is at 10am and that last finishes around 4, so I'll probably not be awake for any of them, due to my staying up till 5AM. Let me know how it goes, guys. biggrin.gif
  • I'm pretty pissed that I have to work all the time, and therefore will be missing the majority of the world cup. sad.gif
  • SHWEE!!! It's half-time and ENGLAND IS BEATING PARAGUAY!!! ONE - NIL PEOPLE!!! I REALLY don't like that ref. though.

Beckham is a god
  • MEGA SHWEE!!!!!!!!!!!! WE WON!!! GO ENGLAND!!!
  • ref was a gimp

easy win

QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Jun 10 2006, 04:55 AM)
    Question:

Why is Group C called the Group of Death?
    Oh and who the hell scheduled the first England game so that it's on at 8 am here?!

group of death = a tough group to win
  • oh yeah, for those who havnt noticed

im keeping track of how many pts the teams have and whos though to the next round etc in the first post of this thread
  • We won because of an own goal on Paraguay. Hahaha, I love it!

And I agree, that ref. was ughugh. Paraguay are dirty players, yet England got a billion fouls called on them. Oh well, we won anyway.

Michael Owen + David Beckham = wub.gif