In this Discussion

Mr. and Mrs. Damian Kulash--yep, it's true!

Comments

• QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 4 2006, 09:50 PM)
    Penelope, does he write songs about you? That's my dream.

Awww, shucks, he does do that indeed. He has written numerous songs--one he proposed with, one he sang as a complete surprise at our wedding reception, and he has marked special occasions with songs. However, the songs he performs at his shows are not about me...his topics are usually pretty silly and he doesn't really write love songs!

Hopefully you can come out to a show soon--they have a ton in August. Plus the guitarist is single and really nice.

I should put this in the "You know you're obsessed with when" but he recently devoted about two weeks to helping me do a fan cover of Oh Lately It's So Quiet....so he's a pretty good hub to support my love of someone I openly refer to as my fantasy boyfriend...and I have pics of me with the boys on our refrigerator...and my last birthday card my hub made for me sported Damian on the cover...
  • QUOTE (Penelope @ Aug 4 2006, 07:27 PM)
    Hopefully you can come out to a show soon--they have a ton in August. Plus the guitarist is single and really nice.

This made me literally laugh out loud. laugh.gif

Aww, that's sooooooo cute! Someday there will be songs about me, but hopefully in a good light, not like "Invincible" or "Don't Ask Me."

I actually think I can come to the show on the 11th with my mom. I'll have to check with her, she'd get tiffed if I didn't invite her.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 4 2006, 08:54 PM)
    Aww, that's sooooooo cute! Someday there will be songs about me, but hopefully in a good light, not like "Invincible" or "Don't Ask Me."

I'd like "Invincible" to be about me......that'd be awesome.....

I just realised that the boy I have a thing for is a musician....... ohmy.gif Well. I didn't just realise. I knew that. Apparently he's gone to rock concerts, and people have come up and asked him if he's in the band, haha.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 5 2006, 12:54 AM)
    This made me literally laugh out loud. laugh.gif

I actually think I can come to the show on the 11th with my mom. I'll have to check with her, she'd get tiffed if I didn't invite her.

Cool about coming to the show, but obviously no pressure!

Why did that make you laugh out loud---if you like musicians....well, he's in his mid-twenties so maybe that is kind of old. My husband is seven years older than me so I don't really think about age differences much....
    which means I just revealed that he is OLD smile.gif
    But playing music keeps him young for sure. He still gets carded.
  • ^^Mid-twentie is NOT old. If that's so, then I'm a mere five years away from being old.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Aug 5 2006, 03:11 AM)
    ^^Mid-twentie is NOT old. If that's so, then I'm a mere five years away from being old.

I love your Tim Gunn, make it work. That's my new motto.

The guy I was mentioning (guitarist) for Karleigh is in his mid-twenties...which you're right, is NOT old (otherwise I'd be ancient!). But my husband is much older than that....but like I said, he still gets carded so no one ever guesses his age!
  • QUOTE (Penelope @ Aug 4 2006, 10:35 PM)
    I love your Tim Gunn, make it work. That's my new motto.

The guy I was mentioning (guitarist) for Karleigh is in his mid-twenties...which you're right, is NOT old (otherwise I'd be ancient!). But my husband is much older than that....but like I said, he still gets carded so no one ever guesses his age!

Speaking of getting carded, I think I'll be going to the show by myself since my mom is busy. I may bring a friend of mine, but I don't know her plans. So, will I be able to get into this place? I'm only 19, and I think you have to be 21 to get into places.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 5 2006, 04:13 AM)
    Speaking of getting carded, I think I'll be going to the show by myself since my mom is busy. I may bring a friend of mine, but I don't know her plans. So, will I be able to get into this place? I'm only 19, and I think you have to be 21 to get into places.

Cool, it's an all ages show. I even double checked the promo poster. But like I said...no pressure. It's at Emo's by the way.
  • Umm, on their myspace it says the show on the 11th is at Trophy's. What's the deal?
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 5 2006, 04:21 AM)
    Umm, on their myspace it says the show on the 11th is at Trophy's. What's the deal?

Sorry about that...somewhere I got it in my head that we were talking about the Emo's show on the 16th! I have no idea if Trophy's is 21 and up only, but I can find out.
    At any rate, the Emo's show is all ages, but it is on a weeknight (kind of sucks). But the band line up is really good (Zom Zoms).

I taped the Best Week Ever, but you know they'll replay it a zillion times!
  • Hmm, maybe if I'm the guest list they'll let me in anyway. I can't go to the Emo's show because I leave that morning. Poo.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 5 2006, 04:36 AM)
    Hmm, maybe if I'm the guest list they'll let me in anyway. I can't go to the Emo's show because I leave that morning. Poo.

Maybe I could act as your mom smile.gif of course we'll put you on the guest list but I doubt there's a cover anyway. Maybe you could carry in a guitar or something and then they'll just think you're with the band. Devious. I forget you don't live here year-round!
  • ...I DO own a guitar....

I wonder if you could pass as my mom, hmm, that would be really funny.
  • QUOTE (untidytowns @ Aug 4 2006, 01:33 AM)
    the ugly one is engaged?! that will make my older sister quite depressed since back in '96 we attended one of their giant stadium concerts and she held up a sign that said, "FORGET SPICE. IKE UP YOUR LIFE!" Then he sprayed it with a watergun.

i have no idea what hanson is doing now, but you can ask me anything about their peak/awkward looking years and i will know it. i used to watch their Tulsa Tokyo video everyday and still remember it word for word. obviously i had a very productive childhood.

(and did anyone else ever notice isaac's lazy eye?)

lols I didn't ntoice this post before.

Yes, everyone's noticed Ike's lazy eye tongue.gif and I'm sure you're referring to a '97 show since Hanson didn't start playing giant stadium shows until after Mmmbop hit it big in May of '97 wink.gif but phwoar, yeah, my childhood was equally as productive.
  • Isaac does have a lazy eye, and it's CREEPY.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 6 2006, 04:27 PM)
    Isaac does have a lazy eye, and it's CREEPY.

But Ike is still damn hot now.
  • No, lazy eyes make any hotness diappear. That's a fact.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 6 2006, 04:32 PM)
    No, lazy eyes make any hotness diappear. That's a fact.

Bitch you STFU. I'm gonna go find some hawt Ike Pictures, yo.

ETA Oh Goddamnit, all my Hanson pictures are on my old computer and I'm too lazy to turn it on and email myself one. There's a reason I stopped using that piece of shit.

lols this picture is not hot, it's just funny.

• OK, yes, he's really hot in pictures, but in real life that lazy eye is very creepy.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 7 2006, 07:53 AM)
    OK, yes, he's really hot in pictures, but in real life that lazy eye is very creepy.

Well, ner tongue.gif I'm Australian therefore I have never met him, because I mean, come on, do you know how often people DO NOT come to Australia?

Let's face it, my chances of EVER seeing OK GO live is completely dependent on whether or not I save up cash and go to America to see them. sad.gif I hate living in this country.