In this Discussion

Conversation about movies

Comments

• So have you guys heard of the movie coming out in a couple weeks called "All the King's Men" with Jude Law, Sean Penn and Kate Winslet?

It's US premiere is being held on my campus next week. blink.gif
  • wow where do you go to school ?
  • Tulane U in New Orleans. The movie's about Louisiana politics so somehow that translated into a premiere at my school. Sadly though, I'm leaving town so I won't be here for it. ahh. mad.gif
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Aug 28 2006, 02:49 PM)
    I saw Christian Bale in this film called All the Little Animals
    the other day (the film was pretty naff), and discovered for the first time that he's from Wales, and has a proper English accent. I had NO idea he was british. I was in so much shock that I convinced myself that it wasn't him hahaha.

I knew he was British, I didn't know from Wales.

Apparently he's done a different accent for every single movie he's been in. Or something like that.

Reign of Fire, which he was in with Matthew McCounatheyghwhat'shisname, is the only movie that's consistently given me nightmares.
  • yeah i thnk he has done a different accent for every film, but never his own. i was watching a terrible movie with Cary Elwes called Crush the other night. well techinically i don't know i it was totally terrible as i never finished. He had a fairly awful american accent in it, but he still looked hot.
  • One of my favourite movies is "10 things I hate about you". It's kinda stupid but I just like it. The rest is all about fantasy and special effects: Lord of the Rings and King Kong (Peter Jackson rules). I also like movies like Van Helsing because it has so much mithology.

Did any of you seen the movie "lady in the water"?Is it any good?
  • so i watched all 3 matrixs films back to back after buying the 15 dvd box set

its rather amazing
  • Tudors is going to be AMAZING.
    TRailer:
    http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/scp_v3/viewer...9&ch=932933

it's a movie of the life Henry VIII when he was young. and fucking jonathan rhys meyers is playing him. I love JRM, he's my firstly favorite celebrity. it's going to be amzaing.
    Sex, Violence and the Anglican Church, i can't wait.
  • whoooa, I really want to see that, but I don't get Showtime...sad.gif damn!
  • yeah i don't think i get it either but i'll figure out a way to see it.
  • YUS! I get Showtime... when is it airing?

Also, you should watch Return To Paradise, Vince Vaughn is in it, and he gives a BRILLIANT performance.

Trainspotting... I can watch that so many times.
  • If you watch the video for the Tudors, you can see that they're using the set from Ever After in a couple shots....

I just saw The Prestige last night (Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman). It was a really well-done movie, and the acting was fantastic, but I don't know if I really liked it all that much. It's definitely something you have to think about. Has anyone else seen it yet?
  • I hear David Bowie is in it and has a mustache. I approve.
  • Yeah actually, I wouldn't have recognized him if I hadn't known he was in the movie. He was pretty awesome.
    Last movie I saw in general was The City of Lost Children, I saw it last year but I love it so I watched again. It's kind of creepy but so awesome.

Jean-Pierre Jeunet is the shit! I have loved that movie since I was seven.
  • i tink i saw it when i was young too but it scared me so i didn't really watch it. but last year was the first time i really did and i realized how awesome it was. i love jeunet's stuff too. Amelie and A Very Long Engagment are two of my favorite french films.
  • I didn't like Amelie as much as I liked The City of Lost Children. I also think Jeux d'enfants is a really good french film.
  • hmm.. last movie i saw was indiana jones and the temple of doom. my friend loves them and we watch them all the time!good movies.

last movie i saw that was bad was... unsure.gif i cant remember any bad ones at the moment, most i see are pretty good actuall.

favorite movies of all time are drop dead fred, ace ventura pet detective and when nature calls, dirtydancing, saturday night fever and many many more!
  • QUOTE (dobug @ Oct 26 2006, 01:55 AM)
    I didn't like Amelie as much as I liked The City of Lost Children. I also think Jeux d'enfants is a really good french film.

i find that i can just watch amelie whenever, but i totally have to be in the mood to watch The City of Lost Children.

I've never seen Jeux d'enfants. Have you deen L'Enfant? It's really really good, also one of my favorite french films.

Joyuex Noel is my favorite french film.
  • I loved Amelie and A Very Long Engagement. I'll have to get the one you're talking about, The City of Lost Children. I've never heard of it before.

I just watched Dazed and Confused the other day and I was reminded of how much I loooove that movie.