In this Discussion

Conversation about movies

Comments

• You watch it last night? i saw so many trailers that I found the dvd in my parents stockpile and watched it before it came on lol!
  • haha, thats somthing i would do

go team jen
  • I saw Little Miss Sunshine last night

and it was completely and totally fantastic. I cried and laughed and it gave me the best feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I'm going to go see it again.

• ahh I really, really want to see that but I'm broke and I have no idea when I'm going to get my paycheck......sad.gif
  • I really want to see it, too.....dunno' if it's playing near me or not, I'll have to check....
  • Apparently the kid in the middle (with the black hair) lives a town over from me.

Stalking time much?!
  • omg LMS is next on my list after i see Half Nelson, i really want to see it. all this limited release stuff kinda sucks cus i gotta go into the city to see them.

i saw Tarnation last night- a documentary type thing that a guy (jonathan crouette) made on imovie (no joke) about his childhood and adult life dealing with a schizophrenic mother. i thought it was a little self-indulgent, (which is practically required for making a documentary about yourself) but amazing. i loved it and i'm still thinking about it now.

and the day before that i saw White Sound, a low budget German film which follows this guy's (daniel bruhl -love) terrifying journey through psychotic episodes, his diagnosis of being schizophrenic and his life immediatly thereafter. I loved it, possibly the best low budget film i've ever seen.
  • see if you can guess what i just watched from this little clue

"america..FUCK YEAH"
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Aug 16 2006, 05:35 PM)
    see if you can guess what i just watched from this little clue
    "america..FUCK YEAH"

TEAM AMERICA MUCH?!

Holy crap, what an awesome movie. I can't watch anything with Matt Damon in it without giggling and mumbling, "Matt Damon."
  • i had never seen it before

but the other day i got:

gardon state
    sin city
    team america world police

for £20 (about $40)

and its amazing, ive always loved south park..and this is just a step up on that

i shall watch sin city and or garden state at the weekend

ironically i had tickets to the first showing of garden state when it came out

but no one wanted to go with me
  • loved Garden State.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Aug 16 2006, 02:25 PM)
    gardon state
    sin city

wub.gif

I love Garden State. One, because it's a great movie, and two, because really, everything in it is so Jersey, haha.

And really liked Sin City. Yeah, it's reeeeeeeeeeeallly graphic, but once you remember that it's based on a comic book and it's really a male-based fantas, you get past that. I was really surprised by Britt Murphy in that movie. And I just adore Clive Owen.
  • QUOTE (Jellobomb @ Aug 17 2006, 11:46 PM)
    loved Garden State.

ZB is a great man

QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Aug 18 2006, 12:02 AM)
    wub.gif

I love Garden State. One, because it's a great movie, and two, because really, everything in it is so Jersey, haha.
    And really liked Sin City. Yeah, it's reeeeeeeeeeeallly graphic, but once you remember that it's based on a comic book and it's really a male-based fantas, you get past that. I was really surprised by Britt Murphy in that movie. And I just adore Clive Owen.

i was ment to see sin city when it came out, but as i was like a year older then everyone in my class at col they couldnt get in
  • Has anyone here seen Snakes on a Plane yet?

I was supposed to go today at 3 with some friends. However, due to work, I'm not free until 5. So, I'm sitting here seething a tad.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Aug 15 2006, 01:37 PM)
    I saw Little Miss Sunshine last night

and it was completely and totally fantastic. I cried and laughed and it gave me the best feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I'm going to go see it again.

I really love steve carell... Maybe a little too much. This is another movie I want to see!

Glad to hear you liked it, now I can say someone said it was good when argueing on what to see.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Aug 18 2006, 08:36 AM)
    Has anyone here seen Snakes on a Plane yet?

No haha but it looks hysterical so hopefully I'll see it when I get back from Jersey next week. I hope you get to see it!
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Aug 18 2006, 11:04 AM)
    No haha but it looks hysterical so hopefully I'll see it when I get back from Jersey next week. I hope you get to see it!

You're in Jersey???
  • I'm heading to Belmar, NJ in a little while for the weekend. I have a family reunion in Long Island tomorrow. Woo NJ! haha
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Aug 18 2006, 08:36 AM)
    Has anyone here seen Snakes on a Plane yet?

IN THREE HOURS FORTY-SIX MINUTES I WILL!
  • i keep seeing trailers for it, and they keep cutting out samuel l jackson saying motherfucking hehehe.