In this Discussion

Conversation about movies

Comments

• Last movie i saw waaaas A Scanner Darkly, I saw it at the Sunsine theater on Houston st. in nyc which is really far (like 1.5 hrs.) from where i work and live but it was totally worth it to go down there and see it.Awesome movie. the rotoscoping effect looks way more detailed than Waking Life, and the film was hilarious. and much easier to understand than Waking Life.

Robert Downey Jr. was great, i love him now. between A Scanner Darkly and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, he's doing pretty well for himself.
  • Scanner Darkly eh? I have been wanting to see this movie sooooo badly. The graphics or whatever look very wild. And Keanu+Downey Jr. has to = pure gold.

Anyways I saw "Ultraviolent" with Mila Jovovich yesterday... Everyone please avoid this movie at all costs. It is the most boring, messed up movie ever, and it has the craziest story line. There weren't even any good fight scenes. the fight scenes consist of 11 dudes being alive one second, then the camera goes off to the side and all the dudes are dead.... WTH?! Made no sense whatsoever...

Basically the movie is ass shots of Mila's colour-changing outfit and Mila posing. I mean Mila is beautiful, but not beautiful enough to make that movie rad.

I miss her as leeloo...
  • i'll definetly take your word for it, it looked quite crap in the previews.

I'm watching L'Auberge Espagnol tonight i'm so excited, it means i can finally just go see Russian Dolls.

I really want to see the new Ryan Gosling flick, Half Nelson, it's playing at a theater in the west village, so i gotta drag soemone down there with me next week. having a job is great because i can spend massive amounts of money on films.
  • I used to watch Ryan Gosling in this show "Breaker High" when I was in elementary school... It was MY teen Dramady... I still call him "Sean" (his character name).

Anyone else watch that?
    hehehehehe

http://members.fortunecity.com/liquidice/cred_gosling.html
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Aug 12 2006, 04:15 PM)
    I used to watch Ryan Gosling in this show "Breaker High" when I was in elementary school... It was MY teen Dramady... I still call him "Sean" (his character name).

Anyone else watch that?
    hehehehehe

http://members.fortunecity.com/liquidice/cred_gosling.html

Mel that show was (in your words)"teh shit".
  • QUOTE (rollo puzz @ Aug 12 2006, 08:47 PM)
    Mel that show was (in your words)"teh shit".

oh man I wish I made up those words... but your right it was.
  • oh and mel i wish my name was leeloo.
    so i could walk around going LEEEEELOOOOOLEEELOOOO like a police car or an ambulance.
    HECK YES.
  • i just saw pulse..
    i thought it was funny.
    but i think al l movies like that are funny..
    anyways.
    waste of 7 bucks..
  • Target had Closer on DVD for $7.50 and Good Night, and Good Luck for $10....and I purchased neither....and now I'm kind of kicking myself.....tongue.gif
  • i keep trying to make myself watch Closer but i can't do it.
  • I didn't really think it was a good movie. I didn't like any of the characters so there wasn't really anything in it to hold my attention.

I just saw the Devil Wears Prada and I thought it was pretty good. Meryl Streep is fabulous as always, so that certainly helped since I'm not a big Anne Hathaway fan. oh and her boyfriend in the movie was hot haha.
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Aug 13 2006, 02:19 PM)
    I didn't really think it was a good movie. I didn't like any of the characters so there wasn't really anything in it to hold my attention.

Really? I really loved it. I was watching it thinking, "Wow, this would work so well onstage...." and then I went and googled it after I saw the movie, and found out that- guess what- it was a play first. So I bought the script. The play and the movie are almost exactly the same, line for line, which I love.
  • just watching bullet proof monk

its no CT:HD but its alright
  • I finished L'Auberge Espagnol which was really really cool because they spoke like five languages and it really made me want to reach my goal of being multilingual.

QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Aug 13 2006, 02:19 PM)
    I didn't really think it was a good movie. I didn't like any of the characters so there wasn't really anything in it to hold my attention.

I just saw the Devil Wears Prada and I thought it was pretty good. Meryl Streep is fabulous as always, so that certainly helped since I'm not a big Anne Hathaway fan. oh and her boyfriend in the movie was hot haha.

Adrien Grenier is definitely hot. he's like, the perfect looking guy to me. He's on Entourage.
  • by the way pulse is basically about an emo virus..
    its funy
  • QUOTE (Jellobomb @ Aug 13 2006, 08:27 PM)
    Adrien Grenier is definitely hot. he's like, the perfect looking guy

Pretty much. yum...and of course I loved him in the classic teen flick Drive Me Crazy, one of my top 3 favorite teen movies of all time (Breakfast Club and 10 Things I Hate About You being the other two).
  • QUOTE (Jellobomb @ Aug 14 2006, 12:27 AM)
    I finished L'Auberge Espagnol which was really really cool because they spoke like five languages and it really made me want to reach my goal of being multilingual.

I kind of really enjoyed that movie. I picked it up ebcause they were basically like, "AUDREY TAUTOU IS IN IT!!" on the cover (though, as you probably know, she's barely in the movie. Still, she's lovely and I have such a girlcrush on her).

The only problem I really had was that the main character was a total and complete asshole. I know there's no rule saying, hey, the main character has to be wonderful and kind and nice and it's certainly interesting to see someone so flawed, but the thing was, they played him as if nothing was wrong. I haven't seen it in a while, so maybe I'll appreciate it more now... but there was something about the "so incredibly flawed main character" bit that had me bristling.

Still, I did love the multilingual sign next to the phone bit.
  • hha, yes romain duris' character was pretty much an asshole. it made me sad when he screamed at his mom. the british girl and her brother were assholes too though, although their relationship was cute.
  • QUOTE (Jellobomb @ Aug 14 2006, 03:40 PM)
    hha, yes romain duris' character was pretty much an asshole. it made me sad when he screamed at his mom. the british girl and her brother were assholes too though, although their relationship was cute.

Mhm. I really need to watch it again since I really did enjoy it. I just had a problem with the glorifying assholes bit.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Aug 13 2006, 10:53 PM)
    just watching bullet proof monk
    its no CT:HD but its alright

it turns out its a good fun film

fun times