In this Discussion

Conversation about movies

edited November -1 in General Discussion
I love movies, all kind of movies, good or bad so lets talk about all of them. Your favorites, the last one you saw, the worst movie you've ever seen, anything.

Last movie I saw that I hadn't seen before was Chasing Liberty with Mandy Moore and Matthew Goode. I thought it was cute and funny, and Matthew has the greatest British accent ever.

Last movie I saw in general was The City of Lost Children, I saw it last year but I love it so I watched again. It's kind of creepy but so awesome.

Movie I want to see is Dans Paris, whenever it comes out, because the combination of Romain Duris and Louis Garrel is like unofficial French Heaven.

Billy Elliot, The Dreamers and Dancer in The Dark are three of my favorite movies of all time. I have a million though, lol.

The last enjoyable 'indie' film i saw was Thumbsucker.

The best awful movie I've seen lately is Firewall, and the best awful movie ever is Red Eye. So terrible but so good.

Worst movie i've ever seen would have to be Paparazzi. never again.

Comments

• I saw the Chronic-WHAT-cles of Narnia on monday...
    it was rad...

it reminded me of my childhood, not that i used to pertend that i had a magic wardrobe ... tongue.gif
  • The last movie i saw at the cinema was XMen3. The last movie I watched at home was either Elf or Pirates of The Caribbean, I don't remember. I too LOVE films. The worst film I have ever seen is Being John Malkovich or Riding in Cars With Boys. Both terrible terrible films.
  • i havent seen a movie in ages!
  • I'm lazy so I'm going to just post the list from myspace:

Young Frankenstein, Grosse Pointe Blank, This Is Spinal Tap, The Royal Tenenbaums, Almost Famous, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Awakenings, That Thing You Do, Spice World, Fast Times At Ridgemont High, Dazed and Confused, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Empire Records, The Meaning of Life, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Cruel Intentions, Garden State, While You Were Sleeping, Waiting for Guffman.

Yeah. Yeah, that's right. SPICE WORLD.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jun 23 2006, 05:35 PM)
    Yeah. Yeah, that's right. SPICE WORLD.

DAMN STRAIGHT! Hahahahaa.

QUOTE (Felster @ Jun 23 2006, 04:16 PM)
    I saw the Chronic-WHAT-cles of Narnia on monday...
    it was rad...

it reminded me of my childhood, not that i used to pertend that i had a magic wardrobe ... tongue.gif

See, I really didn't enjoy The Chronicles of Narnia. I thought everything about it was far too rapid. In a lot of movies, especially of the fantasy genre that are based on books (Harry Potter springs to mind as well), it's understandable that the movie has to move quickly because there's so much to cover and you can't make a 4 hour movie and market it to kids. But in Narnia, even the acting itself was rapid. Those kids gave themselves no time to react one another. It was literally line line line line line after line, and scene scene scene after scene. It gave me no time to stop and think and realise what was going on and believe the kids. It was like, "Okay, there's a phrophecy! Cool! Next scene! Okay, we're running away now! Okay, now we're fighting!" They didn't convince me of anything that was going on onscreen 'cause there simply was no time to stop and react to it.

Sorry. I have issues with pace in movies.

Ummm, my favourites are probably Breakfast on Pluto and Moulin Rouge, along with the rest of the Red Curtain trilogy (Romeo and Juliet and Strictly Ballroom- LOVE Baz Luhrmann's work), The Nightmare Before Christmas (and basically anything by Tim Burton, except Planet of the Apes), 10 Things I Hate About You, and a LOT more, haha. I could just keep listing forever.
  • I just saw a french movie, known in english as "The Beat My Heart Skipped" and it was amazinggggg. Gahhh.. it was just really good.

Breakfast on Pluto, I Heart Huckabees, and That Thing You Do! would have to be my favorites... I think.
  • I loved Breakfast on Pluto, i saw it the day it came out and it was nothing short of amazing.
    Moulin Rouge i love too, i have all the songs memorized and i own the dvd.
    Same goes for The Rocky Horror Picture show.
    I also love Velvet Goldmine and Hedwig and the Angry Inch.

QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Jun 23 2006, 06:10 PM)
    I just saw a french movie, known in english as "The Beat My Heart Skipped" and it was amazinggggg. Gahhh.. it was just really good.

Breakfast on Pluto, I Heart Huckabees, and That Thing You Do! would have to be my favorites... I think.

omggg The Beat That My Heart Skipped is like my favorite french movie of all time! so random. that's where i get my Romain Duris obsession from. I love it a million times over, and it is the best remake i've ever seen. way better than Fingers.
  • Hahahah well is very attractive, even when beating the shit out of random Russians. And the fact he plays piano in the movie = irresistable. I want to see the original.. but I've heard it's not good... I'd be holding it up to high standards.
  • yeah Fingers is really not that good, i thought it was okay, but not better than The Beat. The story is really different also.
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Jun 23 2006, 05:10 PM)
    I just saw a french movie, known in english as "The Beat My Heart Skipped" and it was amazinggggg. Gahhh.. it was just really good.

did you ever see a movie called The First Time I Turned Twenty?" just wondering...

my all time favorite movie is Breakfast at Tiffany's. i can quote it line for line. actually, anything with audrey is fine with me. (except for war and peace and paris when it sizzles. yawn.)

anyone who has seen and enjoyed this 70's flick called A Little Romance will be my soulmate. it's a movie starring dianne lane when she was 13 or 14 years old (i think) and the hijinks that ensue after she falls in love with a "filthy little french boy."

other ones i've watched recently and liked: art school confidential, kinky boots, rushmore (duh), the 400 blows, and way too many john cusack movies.
  • Nope... should I?

and Rushmore = amazing. But everyone seems to agree on that.
  • I LOVE MOVIES

MIX! The Royal Tenenbaums, Almost Famous, That Thing You Do, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, What's Eating Gilbert Grape are all awesometasticly amazing movies.

I made a list of movies that I love on my myspace that I'm fairly proud of... I shall repost it now...

Probably Favourite movie: "Ferris Buellers Day off"
    Do I have to explain this one? Everything about it is awesome.

Movie I love but I'm ashamed to say: "The Fifth Element"
    Shut up. You know you loved it.

"Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou".
    Basically any movie I've ever seen with Bill Murray. Even that Elephant one, "Larger Than Life", i think?. I love that movie. Ghost Busters? Fricken awesome. Osmosis Jones... almost crappy.... Bill Murrays mere presence saved it. Wasn't Murray in Space Jam? oh damn i forgot about that one... I'll still say awesome, Bill even space jam can't make me hate you.

I know you will doubt my intellegence and the fact that I'm a girl when reading the next movies I list...

TERMINATOR MOVIES! screw the 3rd one... even my love for Clair Danes couldn't help that shitpile, I'm talking 1 and 2 baby... My dad has made me love Schwarzenegger movies. And Arnold on the bike picking up the kid and a truck blowing up in the background will forever be etched into my mind.

Screw it I'm changing that to Schwarzenegger MOVIES! I will list the awesome:
    -kindergarten cop: bitches whats not to love. Arnold has a fricken Ferret! and they're friken kindergarteners! plus hardcore action.
    -Last Action hero: You have no idea how jealous I was of this kid. I mean a golden/magic ticket, that concept blew my mind.
    -Twins/Junior... When I was younger I thought these were the same movies... basically because they were boring/nothing blew up in both of them... nevermind these weren't awesome, forget I listed it.
    -Jingle all the way: ok this is when he started running out of ideas. But I still say its ok... I mean I HATED his kid in the movie... one word BRAT!

JACKIE CHAN MOVIES....

I heart Jackie Chan. I love his movies... Except the ones with Owen Wilson. I may even say I love his movies more that the Guvenators but he wasn't a Robot (i don't think) so his awesome points are a bit lower.

I also like Romantic Comedies(See I told you I was a girl): Ex: "The Truth About Cats and Dogs" "My Best Friend's Wedding" and a couple more that I can't remember right now...

All in all I love movies that rock my socks.
  • QUOTE (Jellobomb @ Jun 23 2006, 06:12 PM)
    I loved Breakfast on Pluto, i saw it the day it came out and it was nothing short of amazing.

It is so many kinds of amazing. The fact that he didn't get nominated for an Oscar for that role still irritates me. I knew it wasn't going to happen, but come on people. tongue.gif

QUOTE (agentnumone @ Jun 23 2006, 07:01 PM)
    Probably Favourite movie: "Ferris Buellers Day off"
    Do I have to explain this one? Everything about it is awesome.

Movie I love but I'm ashamed to say: "The Fifth Element"
    Shut up. You know you loved it.

I concur on both of those. Ferris Bueller is like, a classic flute sleepover movie for me 'cause we'd watch it all the time. Oh, that and Top Gun, even if I do hate Tom Cruise. (Shut up, I know I'm a band geek. tongue.gif)

And I loooooove The Fifth Element.

OH! I FORGOT! The original Star Wars trilogy. Which I haven't watched in aaaaaaaaaaages. But I still love it.
  • No need to be ashamed of liking Fifth Element, i like it too, i thought the costumes were amazing.
    The only movie that i'm ashamed i like is 'Partners' because it uses sooo many gay guy stereotypes, but it's cute and how could anyone resist Michael Ian Black playing the gay roommate role?
  • The last movies I saw were Meet Me in St. Louis (Judy Garland) and The Man From Snowy River (oldschool Aussie movie). My friend and I were having an old/childhood movie day.

My faves in no particular order: Lord of the Rings trilogy, Empire Records, Pride and Prejudice (w/ Colin Firth), Dazed and Confused, Boondock Saints, and musicals from the 40s/50s/60s (ie. Singing in the Rain). Props for Almost Famous, Ferris Bueller and That Think You Do! also.
  • ahh double posting is evil.
  • Hmm...I'm actually not as big a movie person as I wish I was...but I do have a few under my belt.

For some reason or another, I'm a complete sucker for superhero- comic-to-movie films...even the bad ones smile.gif

Guyver, X-Men, Hellboy, Spiderman...I love them ALL!

I'm an obsessive huge KITH fan too, so, "Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy" is among my favorites. "Cold Mountain", "Garden State", "Coffee and Cigarettes", "Grease" "Grease 2", "Lilo and Stitch", "The Ring", "The Other Sister" "Kalifornia", "Natural Born Killers" (which ultimately translates to "Anything with Juliette Lewis in it"...I love her)

Hmm...I'm sure there's more but they just get worst as I go
  • I heart the 1st 2 xmens... I will probably like the 3rd one as well... Also I think i've only seen one kith movie... a christmas one? I totally can't remember but I really did love the kith show.... and still do tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (AndiBOT @ Jun 23 2006, 10:12 PM)
    I'm an obsessive huge KITH fan too, so, "Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy" is among my favorites.

GAH! J'adore Kids in the Hall as well! but ive neva seen Brain candy... and I doubt id be renting it anytime soon since my whole family seems to be against my KITH luvin ways...
  • Aww...this actually happens a lot in family who love sketch comedy but watch like Monty Python. They think the Kids are just ripping them off but they really aren't! I totally respect Monty Python and all they stand for, but I loves me Kids in the Hall more smile.gif