In this Discussion

Conversation about movies

Comments

• ive neva actually seen monty python all the way through... it was showing on Tv once and I told myself "everyone talks about this thing, i MUST watch it!"
    but i started watching it.. and it wasnt for me... tongue.gif so i guess i will neva know why everyone loves it!
  • QUOTE (AndiBOT @ Jun 23 2006, 09:12 PM)
    I'm an obsessive huge KITH fan too, so, "Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy" is among my favorites. "Cold Mountain", "Garden State", "Coffee and Cigarettes", "Grease" "Grease 2", "Lilo and Stitch", "The Ring", "The Other Sister" "Kalifornia", "Natural Born Killers" (which ultimately translates to "Anything with Juliette Lewis in it"...I love her)

umm...you really like Grease 2?

What's Kids in the Hall? a comedy group?

Some of Monty Python's ridiculously funny and then some of it is just blah. Was it the Holy Grail you were watching or something else (if you even know) Fel?
  • i dont think it was the holy grail one... they wernt wearing tights or anything... that dude, i think his name is Clease, you know the dude with the stache was on it...

... sorry im not that specific, am I? tongue.gif
  • lol John Cleese. yeah it could've been anything. That's cool, Monty Python is definitely not for everyone.

I missed that the thread started with a Billy Elliot mention!! How could I have forgotten that, I LOVE that movie!!
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jun 23 2006, 09:35 PM)
    Yeah. Yeah, that's right. SPICE WORLD.

Um. THEY MEET ALIENS. If that's not quality... well, I don't know what is.

My favorite movie is Amélie. I've watched that movie so many times.

Recently, I've been really into Annie Hall (my guyfriend with no t.v. gave it to me along with The Thin Man [which I still need to finish] as he didn't have a need for them anymore). SUCH A GOOD MOVIE though it's basically meandering.
  • Musicals(all of which I know word for word): Rocky Horror Picture Show, Moulin Rouge, Phantom of the Opera, Cannibal! The Musical, Chicago, The Lion King(I count it as a musical since I believe disney shouldn't get it's own category, boo to sellouts!)

Comedy: Slackers(Jason Schwartzman, whoooo!), Orgazmo, South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut, Cannibal! The Musical(it's so good, it goes to two categories!), BASEketball, Life Aquatic, Royal Tennebaums, Ghost World, Kids in the Hall, Strangers with Candy, Monty Python

Sci Fi/Fantasy/Horror: Star Wars, Star Trek, Stargate, Babylon 5, Farscape, Alien Quadrilogy, Marvel movies, DC Comic Movies, Tim Burton, Willard, George A Romero "Dead" series (including the new Dawn of the Dead and Land of the Dead), 28 Days Later), Peter Jackson 3hour epics(i.e. almost anything he makes, haha), Slither, Serenity, any random horror or gore movie

Adventure/Action: The Warriors, Surf Nazi's Must Die!, Fight Club, Pirates of the Carribean

"Too odd to categorize" Movies: American Beauty, White Oleander, The Other Sister, Breakfast on Pluto

I probably skipped some all time favorites, but I have over 300 DVDs, so it's impossible to remember them all, lol.
    I missed that the thread started with a Billy Elliot mention!! How could I have forgotten that, I LOVE that movie!!

It makes me so happy, it's like one of those really inspirational emotional movies that just get you. i love it.

"Cold Mountain", "Garden State", "Coffee and Cigarettes",

those were all really good. Zach Braff went to my high school, just wanted to throw that out there, lol.
    and Jim Jarmusch is amazing.

American Beauty, White Oleander, The Other Sister, Breakfast on Pluto

I really liked White Oleander, it was strange but so good. and 28 days later is like my all tme favorite zombie flick, annnd Danny Boyle is god. Trainspotting and Shallow Grave, i can't believe i frogot those are so good.
  • QUOTE (Jellobomb @ Jun 23 2006, 10:28 PM)
    It makes me so happy, it's like one of those really inspirational emotional movies that just get you. i love it.
    those were all really good. Zach Braff went to my high school, just wanted to throw that out there, lol.
    and Jim Jarmusch is amazing.
    I really liked White Oleander, it was strange but so good. and 28 days later is like my all tme favorite zombie flick, annnd Danny Boyle is god. Trainspotting and Shallow Grave, i can't believe i frogot those are so good.

hahah Zach Braff is so awesome on Scrubs. I just love him. OH! They're gonna show Scrubs on Comedy Central soon, yaaay! Although, I hated Garden State since I related too much to the main character, yuckgh.

Hahaha, apparently Max Weinburg(from Conan O'Brien) went to your high school as well.

I'm going to think of Zach Braff everytime I see your name, hahah. laugh.gif

Trainspotting is such a weird movie.. but Ewan McGregor, yumm.
  • yeah that guy did! he was put in the hall of fame some years ago. so did lauryn hill and the head writer at the Daily Show. he was put in the hall of fame last year.

Trainspotting the book is one of my all time favorite books. it's so strange, but once you get into it, it's the best bit of cult fiction ever. same goes for the movie, danny did a really good job.
    Ewan's awesome, i've watched like all his movies, even the awful ones, lol.
  • QUOTE (Jellobomb @ Jun 23 2006, 11:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=63349
    I'm an obsessive huge KITH fan too, so, "Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy" is among my favorites.

One of my friends is a HUUUUUUUUUGE KitH fan. He ordered a bunch of them on DVD and sat around snickering all last semester. Apparently he and his Modern Canadian Drama teacher got into a long discussion about them, haha.

(which ultimately translates to "Anything with Juliette Lewis in it"...I love her)

^^I've seen her live. She was pretty awesome, but honestly looked kinda' cracked out, hahaha.
  • The three latest films I've seen at the cinemas were "Wah-Wah" two days ago, which was superbly fantastical, sooo good! Umm two days before that I saw Cars which is also really, really, really good! About two weeks before that I saw X-Men 3, which was also.. good. I really like xmen3 and xmen1, I hate xmen2, soooooo boring!

Some of my FAVOURITE films are (I'll make some of them bold so it's easier to read)... Shaun of the Dead, Wah-Wah, Moulin Rouge, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Romeo and Juliet (The Baz Lurhmann one), Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind, the Indiana Jones trilogy, Pirates of the Caribbean, there are heaps more but I can't name them now.
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Jun 23 2006, 10:54 PM)
    The last movie i saw at the cinema was XMen3.

Same here and I really liked it. Usually I like superheroes movies: one of the best I've ever saw was Batman Begins, Christian Bale is soooooo good! At first I aslo liked Spiderman, but the second time I saw it I found it boring... blink.gif
    Another really good one is Sin City, even if quite violent. I liked all the black and white technique, sometimes it was like seeing the pages of a comic!

My favorite movie ever is Dolls by Takeshi Kitano, it's so beautiful! wub.gif

Other movies I love: 3 Iron, Elephant, Shattered Glass, Sweet Sixteen, The Lord of the Rings, The Last Samurai, White Oleander, The Nightmare Before Christmas, King Arthur, The Shining, Clue...and many many others.
  • Oh camel dung, I forgot to say that I lurve Corpse Bride and Nightmare Before Christmas.
  • The Corpse Bride was good (I loved when Viktor and the Bride played the piano), but Nightmare Before Christmas is the best! biggrin.gif
  • well duh mad, and yeah I LOVE the piano duet!
  • battle royale is the best film ive ever seen

also the best book ive read
  • is battle royale 2 any good?
  • its a very good film, but not on par with the first..but its still very good

rspeshally as the directer died halfway though, and his son took over
  • i will be seriously annoyed if i am true in saying that noone has yet spoken of the genius of Donnie Darko (i'm sorry if someone has and i missed them out), now, that is a GOOD film. not only does it has the hotness of mr. gyllenhal, it actually makes you think, alot, and hard,

others i think are pretty hot are, city of god, the motorcycle diaries, etre et avoir, mean girls (< maybe and odd one to pick but 'do not have sex, have sex and you will die' is properly funny, ) also funny, is Wayne's World, and then i like all those wintry night ones like, labyrinth, narnia, the harry potters, and others i can't think of at this very moment
  • I like the harry potters, 'specially the fourth, I also like the Wayne's World duology, and the Alien Quadrilogy, even if the third and fourth ones sucked ass. I LOVE DONNIE DARKO, it's such an amazing film! Oh also, another film to be added to my favourites is Drop Dead Fred, I just hink that Rik Mayall's performance in that (Even though very Bottom-esque - Which IS a good show!) was amazing