In this Discussion

Conversation about movies

Comments

• I've always had sort of a crush on that guy. I think he's a great actor for his versatile roles. He can go from a 18th cent aristocrat to a big angry Wolverine to a flamboyant broadway performer. I think he's cute. Gah, you're making me admit my school girl secrets!
  • OMG! MEL! I had this crazy dream last night that Hugh Jackman and I were skating together on a lake at night and then we snuck into an abandoned ice fishing shack and made out. blink.gif
  • HAHAHAHHA! sounds like the best dream EVER!
  • Um, wow. What a dream blink.gif
  • I saw Pan's Labyrinth the other day.

It was beautiful and ingenious and everything,

but holy crap it was one of the most terrifying, violent, and scarring movies I have ever seen. Don't get me wrong, I loved it. But I don't deal well with violence in movies (except Kill Bill because it's so over the top that I just don't care). The movie is also based around the Spanish Civil war and there's one part where, after his cheek is stabbed open, the commander stitches it back up with a thick needle (I wasn't looking but Ken said it was so realistic-looking that he has no idea how they did it). I honestly felt sick halfway through.

Still, the monsters that are a part of the girl's reality are fantastic. Between the faun and the faeries and the child-eating demon, they were beautiful.

It was a wierd balance of almost not being able to take the violence and being so entraptured with how beautiful it was. It's kind of like Jean-Pierre Jeunet's A Very Long Engagement. I couldn't sit through it because of the violence, but between previews and what my friends have shown me, I know it's just as beautiful as Amélie.

This was the child-eating demon:
    I was so terrified that I buried my head in Ken's shoulder.

Any creation of someone's mind that can scare me that much deserves some respect.
  • Pans labarinth sounds like a great movie. I wanted to see it, but i didnt really know what it was about, so thanks for the info tonetoile!

i watched poltergist yesterday. I dont remember it being that scary. I mean i used to watch that movie alot when i was a kid, but for some reason the part where the guy digs of his face with his finger just skipped my mind. When i saw that scene this time i was squirming around alot.

face scene

^if you can stomach it... heres the scene im talking about
  • that doesnt look that real, mind you my speakers arent working so that might have somthing to do with it.

my friend loves scary movies and horrors so she makes me watch them eg. saw 2, texas chain saw masacre there are many more but i cant actually remember them. and she has recomended hanibalector and hostal for any lover of horror who loves grusem stuff!

The other day i saw wolf creek which is actually set in Broom western australia so for me that was pretty scary living in the same state and little own the same country. It was an alright film i didnt really get into it that much. The most terrifying bit was at the end and they showed a series of facts about the case that followed the investigation and they said that there wasnt enough evidence to find the place where the crimes took place and they never found the bodies of the two girls murderd and they never caught the creep that tourchered and killed teh two girls! scary.
  • that doesnt look that real, mind you my speakers arent working so that might have somthing to do with it.

my friend loves scary movies and horrors so she makes me watch them eg. saw 2, texas chain saw masacre there are many more but i cant actually remember them. and she has recomended hanibalector and hostal for any lover of horror who loves grusem stuff!

The other day i saw wolf creek which is actually set in Broom western australia so for me that was pretty scary living in the same state and little own the same country. It was an alright film i didnt really get into it that much. The most terrifying bit was at the end and they showed a series of facts about the case that followed the investigation and they said that there wasnt enough evidence to find the place where the crimes took place and they never found the bodies of the two girls murderd and they never caught the creep that tourchered and killed teh two girls! scary.
  • i think im probably the only one ever who still finds that scene in Poltergist freaky... I love old horror flicks.

ive neva heard of wolf creek... but that does sound preety scary. Real life is tres scary.
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Feb 7 2007, 08:14 PM)
    i think im probably the only one ever who still finds that scene in Poltergist freaky... I love old horror flicks.

ive neva heard of wolf creek... but that does sound preety scary. Real life is tres scary.

uggggh it toally freaked me out. I'm totally the easiest person to scare ever.
  • yeh im pretty easy to care but not that easy smile.gif haha
  • I saw The Departed last night. What an AMAZING movie (helped in part I think by the extremely attractive cast)!!
  • I've figured out that I hadn't been to a single movie theatre in the year 2006.
  • woooow! thats intence.. i mean well im pretty poor very often s much that i would probably only go o teh movies a couple of times a year and save the rest for rentals on bad tv nights but that is atroshous! (cant spell) haha.
  • wow that film seems gorgeous. I really want to see it. Like i've heard of it but had no interest, but that trailer definitely got me interested.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 11 2007, 07:04 PM)
    I can't freaking wait for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbPDEWgiOC8

Oh my god that looks amazing.

Though it reminds me of the new Cirque show "Love." The soundtrack to it is AMAAAZING (I've been listening to it all morning).

oh and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKcqTkPqOJQ
  • I've been meaning to get that! I thought the version of "All You Need Is Love" from the Across The Universe trailer was amaaaazing, so I'm really excited about that soundtrack too.
  • never even heard of it? maye we wont get it in the pictures here or somthing.. but im looking forward to it biggrin.gif
  • I saw stranger than fiction today.

What an awesome movie.