In this Discussion

Conversation about movies

Comments

• I'm seeing 300 next Thursday. Excitement!
  • OOOO 300 LOOKS AMAZING!
    ... gah... ehm cough *leather spedoos* cough... tongue.gif

i just watched Blues Brothers 2000 last night. I think its probably the most under-rated movie EVER!

Heres a clip... judge for your self

R-E-S-P-E-C-T by Aretha / blues bros

^that lil kid can sure break it down...
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Mar 27 2007, 10:54 AM)
    OOOO 300 LOOKS AMAZING!
    i just watched Blues Brothers 2000 last night. I think its probably the most under-rated movie EVER!

Heres a clip... judge for your self

R-E-S-P-E-C-T by Aretha / blues bros

^that lil kid can sure break it down...

I can't believe you watched Blues brothers 2000 with out me... DISSOWNED!
  • The Pirates 3 trailer is out!!!
    I'm kinda nervous about seeing it
    I really didn't like the second movie... I sat in the theater for ages just going "wha??" blink.gif

What's everyone else think of POTC 2 and 3?
  • Is the trailer out already?!!
    I'm super excited for POTC 3
    And I actually did like 2 but i think I still like 1 better
    I'm really sad that its going to end though. What will I do without my Johnny and Orlando...
  • Ok I just watched it!!
    May 25...thats so soon! I'm definatley going to the premiere here!
    I actually have friends who are obsessed with it like me for once who would be willing to go =]
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Mar 27 2007, 02:54 PM)
    OOOO 300 LOOKS AMAZING!

hahahah the leather speedos. I went with my bf and we were both like, "HEY THERE PACKAGES WHAT'S UP? KILLING PERSIANS? OK."
  • the orignal 300 was on tv the other day in the uk

its rather poo
  • hahha i haven't seen either version..

i'm guessing there's two since you phrased it that way.

have you seen the new one, andy?
  • dude i cant wait for pirates 3!!
    but yes i was sorta disappointed with the second... it dragged on SO MUCH and like nothing happened.. its like an indian movie geod.
    the first was freakin great though
    i <3 orlando bloom hes cute! smile.gif
  • I'm so excited for that movie too! It's going to be a good summer--POTC 3, Spiderman 3, Harry Potter....sooo excited!

I saw Pan's Labyrinth last week and it was INCREDIBLE. It also may have been the most intense movie I've ever seen, and I will have to wait a while to watch it again, but it was really well-made.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Mar 27 2007, 06:08 PM)
    hahahah the leather speedos. I went with my bf and we were both like, "HEY THERE PACKAGES WHAT'S UP? KILLING PERSIANS? OK."

yeah i watched an interview that George Strombo (this dudie on the CBC) did with Gerard Butler, and Strombo seemed to be only interested in the speedos and gerard's abbs.

... side tangent... Do you get an english version of CBC in Quebec? ... ive always wondered.
  • i watched marie antoinette last night!
    i thought it was pretty good - except it freakin had no ending!!!
    geod i was like wtf thats it?
    and i totally forgot history so i was like OOH YEAHH when something historical happened.. ugh i feel dumb.
  • yeah i saw that movie about a week ago.
    i liked it and i thought it had a good soundtrack.
    but at the ending i was like...ok um is that really it.
    but i had actually learned about it earlier this year so i must admit i felt pretty smart compared to the rest of my family haha.
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Mar 28 2007, 12:25 PM)
    ... side tangent... Do you get an english version of CBC in Quebec? ... ive always wondered.

I believe so. I haven't watched the news up here, but we have a bunch of English channels. Most are from the western provinces, but it's cable so we get them anyway!

QUOTE (amberdino @ Mar 28 2007, 05:45 PM)
    i watched marie antoinette last night!
    i thought it was pretty good - except it freakin had no ending!!!
    geod i was like wtf thats it?
    and i totally forgot history so i was like OOH YEAHH when something historical happened.. ugh i feel dumb.

Sofia Coppola's movies are usually like that though. My bf had me watch Lost in Translation (because he thinks it's brilliant), and it was a lot like Marie Antoinette in terms of style: lots of long shots of stationary objects, long periods with little/no dialogue, very calm and slow-moving. It also had an ending without a real climax and denoument. Her movies seem to be more of a series of tableaus more than anything else. She is a pretty awesome director, it just takes a bit of stamina to sit through one of her movies the whole way through (I had to watch Lost in Translation in 3 installments because I kept falling asleep).
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Mar 28 2007, 04:05 PM)
    I believe so. I haven't watched the news up here, but we have a bunch of English channels. Most are from the western provinces, but it's cable so we get them anyway!

thanks tonetoile! ... you learn something new everyday...

I came across this video called "the Acid Queen" on you tube. Its from this rock opera called "Tommy" by the Who. I was just wondering if any one has seen Tommy and if its any good.

• I saw half of Amelie last night (I was tired so I went to bed before it finished...)
    It was hilarious!! I was hysterical.
    And you have the plus of finding out the french word for "orgasm", which is always fun...
    Lol.

I do like listening to french smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Mar 28 2007, 08:11 PM)
    I came across this video called "the Acid Queen" on you tube. Its from this rock opera called "Tommy" by the Who. I was just wondering if any one has seen Tommy and if its any good.

I haven't seen Tommy, but I have the record on vinyl and it's one of my favorite records.

Oh my god it's just beautiful in ways that I never thought possible. (It's after that when I realized that, though amazing in and of itself, Green Day's American Idiot could never even try to compare itself to The Who's Tommy despite peoples' want to compare.)

Have you heard the entire record? If not, I highly recommend it.

I only have a couple of songs on my iPod, but here's part of "We're Not Gonna Take It" from Woodstock:
    [/url[url=http://download.yousendit.com/F01C4F1B2B11FEED]http://download.yousendit.com/F01C4F1B2B11FEED]

QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 28 2007, 08:12 PM)
    I saw half of Amelie last night (I was tired so I went to bed before it finished...)
    It was hilarious!! I was hysterical.
    And you have the plus of finding out the french word for "orgasm", which is always fun...
    Lol.

I do like listening to french smile.gif

That movie is beyond amazing. You're right about listening to French. I always found it really comforting.

edit: about Tommy, this is also a pretty awesome clip of Pinball Wizard:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdtMvt2RAjs
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Mar 28 2007, 04:31 PM)
    Have you heard the entire record? If not, I highly recommend it.

... hehe i have only seen the covers of a couple songs from the movie... the elton john one and the tina turnner one...

the movie looks preety intense, but ill try and check out the record too. I love concept records
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Mar 28 2007, 08:36 PM)
    ... hehe i have only seen the covers of a couple songs from the movie... the elton john one and the tina turnner one...

the movie looks preety intense, but ill try and check out the record too. I love concept records

I have a feeling you'd really appreciate it. It takes a couple of listens, but then you realize how perfectly it tells the story and how deep it is.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_%28rock...nological_order
    It's pretty amazing.