In this Discussion

Conversation about movies

Comments

• QUOTE (Pearl @ May 14 2007, 07:46 PM)
    Movies that I've recently seen, Happy Feet, The Pursuit of Happyness, Spider Man 3 *made me cry*

Is Spider Man 3 any good?
  • It was pretty good, I can't really say much without ruining it lol
  • QUOTE (Pearl @ May 14 2007, 06:46 PM)
    Movies that I've recently seen, Happy Feet, The Pursuit of Happyness, Spider Man 3 *made me cry*

Did Spidey 3 really make you cry?? I was laughing histerically throughout the entire movie. It was quite entertaining though in a cheesy kind of way.
  • QUOTE (Pearl @ May 15 2007, 02:46 AM)
    Oh and everyone has to watch "Mirrormask", that movie is brilliant good!! I saw it a few months ago on the Sundance channel and fell in love with it.

I can't believe someone else has seen Mirrormask! I watched it a while ago and totally forgot about it until the other day when I was hanging out with my boyfriend and began thinking about those sphynx things that ate books or whatever. I ended up going through the movie in my head. I tried to explain it to him, but it just sounded like a really bad acid trip. It is so good though.

QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ May 15 2007, 03:09 AM)
    Is Spider Man 3 any good?

I didn't like it too much. I ended up laughing through most of it. I don't think you'll be missing much if you decide not to see it, but it is good for humor value. Plus, I love Hayden-Church, so seeing him as Sandman was awesome.

What I'm waiting for is the new Batman. Heath Ledger as the Joker?! Hell yeah.
  • WHAT THE HELLL!
    I watched that stupid dancing penguin movie! Happy feet! DAMN RUINED SO MANY SONGS FOR ME!
    I'm listening to Kiss by Prince right now and all I can think of is that horny girl penguin using it for her mating call! was that Nicole Kidman? EW i thought she was a good singer!

WAY TO MAKE ME ASSOCIATE QUEEN WITH PENGUINS!

damn such a random pointless movie....

QUOTE (tonetoile @ May 15 2007, 08:25 AM)

oh shizz! I never heard that! hahahaha that sounds ridiculous and is making me laugh for some reason.
    lol ok giggle fit over.
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ May 15 2007, 08:52 AM)
    WHAT THE HELLL!
    I watched that stupid dancing penguin movie! Happy feet! DAMN RUINED SO MANY SONGS FOR ME!
    I'm listening to Kiss by Prince right now and all I can think of is that horny girl penguin using it for her mating call! was that Nicole Kidman? EW i thought she was a good singer!

WAY TO MAKE ME ASSOCIATE QUEEN WITH PENGUINS!

damn such a random pointless movie....

OMG FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE DOESN'T LIKE HAPPY FEET!!
    thank you!!!! geod i don't know why the whole world loves that stupid movie! i thought it was sooo dumb and like propaganda to make us stop fishing or something. do you know why theres really overfishing?? its called TRAGEDY OF THE COMMONS! i learned that in econ class wooo but they don't tell you that in the movie do they!?!
    gaaahh that movie sucked the only good part was the mexican penguins - they were funny. let me tell something to ju!
    ah okay happy feet rant over..
  • Happy Feet was good up until an hour into the movie where they were like, "LET'S TRY AND MAKE THIS MEANINGFUL" and missed the mark.

It was over for me as soon as what's-his-name wasn't a baby anymore.

My bio teacher taught us about -phobic versus -philic by having a stuffed penguin and shouting "PENGUINPHOBIC. PENGUINPHILIC!" I don't even know.
  • YES it sucked. Mexican penguins were funny but still... ew at movie as a whole.

If happy feet was just a random animation roll of the cute baby penguins dancing and singing public enemy songs with sparatic mexican penguin jokes it would have been soooo much better.

My bio teacher taught us about -phobic versus -philic by having a stuffed penguin and shouting "PENGUINPHOBIC. PENGUINPHILIC!" I don't even know.

I thought you were shouting : PEUNGUINPAHLLIC! at first... lol ok ya glad you weren't
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ May 14 2007, 11:47 PM)
    Did Spidey 3 really make you cry?? I was laughing histerically throughout the entire movie. It was quite entertaining though in a cheesy kind of way.

Only the end made me cry a bit haha so sue me tongue.gif

QUOTE (tonetoile @ May 15 2007, 08:25 AM)
    I can't believe someone else has seen Mirrormask! I watched it a while ago and totally forgot about it until the other day when I was hanging out with my boyfriend and began thinking about those sphynx things that ate books or whatever. I ended up going through the movie in my head. I tried to explain it to him, but it just sounded like a really bad acid trip. It is so good though.

YES Mirrormask! It's such a great movie, I love that it's so artsie... the sphynx things were weird lol "throw a book at it" hahaha. Yeah you can't really explain much of the movie, and it does sound like an acid trip, I loved the library part... Valentine has become my fave weird looking dude ever.

WTF is this with Heath as the joker? lmao... we'll have to see if that really works out with the movie.... I would have never thought of him to play the part.

Oh and agent, I didn't like Happy Feet either, I just saw it cuz I was bored... and I hated the singing.
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ May 15 2007, 01:10 PM)
    YES it sucked. Mexican penguins were funny but still... ew at movie as a whole.

I thought it was weird hearing Robin Williams as a mexican pinguin though, but it got some laughs out of my brother.
  • If you have a soul and love John Krasinski, go see this:

License to Wed
  • Zodiac

10/10

One of the greatest films ever made.

Seriously.
  • Goodfellas

10/10

Scorsese at his best.
  • The Original Blues Brothers.

"The first fella, the tall one, wants white toast, plain, with nothin' on it. And the other one wants four whole fried chickens, and a coke."
  • PIRATES 3 TONIGHT!!!
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ May 24 2007, 02:25 PM)
    PIRATES 3 TONIGHT!!!

Eeeeeeee!!!
    Tell me how it is, ok?? And how disappointing it is (I haven't got high hopes, not after last time...)
  • I think that Pirates 3 is going to absolutely piss off all the William Turner lovers. Anyone who loves Orlando Bloom should probably not see this flick, as they may need grief counseling. The Harry Potter Hotline should also extend to PotC3, hahah.

Other than that, it was fairly good.

Keith Richards as Jack Sparrow's dad was amazing, to say the least.

Be sure to stick around after the credits, as always there's a short cut scene. And this one is pretty dang surprising.
  • Oh. God.

Thank you, Kikky!
    I'm actually nervous now.
    Luckily I couldn't give a crap about Will though haha...

Eeeeekk....
  • Oh good, you'll love it then, hahaha.
  • Wait I care about Will Turner. With a deep passion!
    Oh no. Now I really am nervous. But I really want to see it.
    Acutally I am going to see it tomorrow.

Ahhh....