In this Discussion

Conversation about movies

Comments

• OH EM GEE! I so saw you in the cinemas today! How weird is that?
  • Crazy that we should happen to bump in to eachother, huh!?
  • Yeah, crazy! And I think I saw you on your way home yesterday, you took AGES lol
  • isn't there laws against stalking?
  • QUOTE (giggleguy @ Mar 11 2007, 02:14 AM)
    Ugh. I still need to see Pan's Labyrinth!

Ooh, if you haven't seen Labyrinth, see it now.

I saw Rocky Horror yesterday, I didn't pay much attention and I think that's why it didn't make too much sense to me...

Pan's Labyrinth was one of the hardest movies for me to watch. The characters and creatures (especially the faun) were amazing, but it's BRUTAL. I left feeling shaky and not being able to form a complete sentence.... but then again I'm a complete wuss who was freaked out by the show Ghostwriter as a kid (I'm sorry, but the Halloween episode was the scariest thing I've seen in my entire life. IT WAS A SLIME MONSTER).

QUOTE (mixtape @ Mar 11 2007, 05:30 AM)
    Serious Rocky Horror love right here. I can't get enough.

Uh yes. I still need to see a live showing (last time I tried to go, it was Halloween and the showing was [obviously] sold out. So, my roomies and I pranced around Montreal in our undies and jackets because that is what classy college students do in a city. We're responsible.

Madness? THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!
    I saw Rocky Horror yesterday, I didn't pay much attention and I think that's why it didn't make too much sense to me...

no it's jsut actually doesn't make sense, it's awesome though. the movie sundtrack used to be my most listened to album on last.fm, lol back in the day.
  • QUOTE (Jellobomb @ Mar 14 2007, 11:27 PM)
    no it's jsut actually doesn't make sense, it's awesome though. the movie sundtrack used to be my most listened to album on last.fm, lol back in the day.

Have you listened to the album of punk covers to the Rocky Horror songs ("The Rocky Horror Punk Rock Show")?

It's actually pretty fantastic (Swingin' Utters do "Eddie's Teddy," Alkaline Trio do "Over at the Frankenstine Place," etc etc). I used to listen to it nonstop. I don't regret a thing. biggrin.gif
  • Hot Fuzz came out today, I'll probably see it next weekend. I need to see Razzle Dazzle too.
  • QUOTE (giggleguy @ Feb 18 2007, 10:03 AM)
    I saw stranger than fiction today.

What an awesome movie.

That's such a good movie!
  • its still 'comming soon' but im pretty sure were getting it in a few weeks? ahvent really been to the movies in quite some time.

mainly for three reasons:
    a. im broke.
    2. nothing all that appealing has been showing and
    d. ive been catching up on some older movies like my girl and three men and a baby.

(some of the best movies ever, if you havent seen them, see them!)
  • so i saw wild hogs.
    wasnt that good
    it wasnt anything special
    there wasnt any part of the movie that really stuck out in my mind
    i wont remember this movie for years to come
    basically it was a waste of time
    its not gona win any awards
    its not something new
    i duno..
  • did anyone see 300?
    i havent seen it yet and have heard a wide range of reviews from those who have.
    and did anyone see The Namesake?
    i want to see that..
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Mar 18 2007, 04:16 AM)
    did anyone see 300?
    i havent seen it yet and have heard a wide range of reviews from those who have.

See it.

I had mixed opinions about it, but it's a beautiful movie and I think worth seeing.

I mean, there are only so many times you can see Spartans kicking the asses of the Persians in slow motion, but there are certain scenes that are beautiful (one of the first fight scenes with the slow-mo pan as well as the oracle).

The dialogue is shitty, the movie is not historically accurate (a duh), and there are sometimes really weird "WE'RE DOING THIS FOR FREEDOM" Americana undertones.

I compare most every "beautiful" action movie to Kill Bill since I think it is one of the most genius movies ever created, and 300 does not even come close. Still, it's worth watching and I would go see it again with friends. It's just not the best movie ever, as some seem to claim.

Oh and P.S. The Namesake looks AMAZING
  • ah, thanks tonetoile!

i've added both the movies to my Movies Post-it..
    and yeah thats pretty much the negative things i've heard about 300 - historical inaccuracy and ridiculous feminine portrayal of persians, showing the spartans to be so spectacular etc
    but yeah overall, it seems pretty good so i'll hopefully check it out.

the namesake looks totally awesome - a couple of my friends saw it (and read the book) and said it was very good. i think its still in 'select theatres' so i may have to wait for it to come out on dvd or maybe during spring break i'll go watch it. hmm i probably will.. i think the fact that i'm brown makes me want to watch it more. ha!
  • just saw the new bond movie.
    yea waited for the dvd
    twas very good
    i loved the torture scene with the seatless chair.
    very funny lol
  • That seatless chair thing was sooooo gross.
    Even I was wincing.
    And I'm a girl.
  • I watched a French film called "Brice de Nice."

It was like France's Zoolander, but it had little/no plotline.

It basically involves a guy named Brice who lives (guess where?) in Nice. He says he's a surfer, but the joke is that there are no waves in Nice.

The whole thing also revolves around him saying "Je t'ai KC" (i.e. "je t'ai cassé" meaning "I broke you") after every insult.
    Example:
    "I'm having a party tonight. Wanna NOT come?! Je t'ai KC!"

Whaaaaat

AND HE HAS A MUSIC VIDEO WHAT
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF9dCDCWo64

• bwa haahahhahah. lol best music video ever.
  • hahaha ahhh, thats funny. i like the hand to crotch thing biggrin.gif

i have a friend taht would love the movie if it aws anything lihe the video.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Mar 23 2007, 01:01 AM)
    I watched a French film called "Brice de Nice."

I saw that film in French last year, ugh. It was okay.

I saw Hot Fuzz on saturday, le premiere style. BEST. FILM. EVER.