In this Discussion

Truth

Comments

• QUOTE (justbelieve87 @ Aug 6 2006, 04:46 PM)
    me too.

truth: i've had at least 3 teachers/professors tell me that if anybody in the room was going to get skin cancer, it was going to be me. which, really, it's true because of my pale skin & hair color. but still... it freaked me out.

truth: i can only eat jello & pudding if it's w/ a plastic spoon. it just tastes better that way.

Actually, I've heard it's quite the opposite. People like us, who are pale, are intelligent about keeping ourselves safe. As a general rule, pale skinned people are more inclined to protect themselves from harmful UV rays by using sunscreen, wearing proper clothing and plain avoiding the sun that we are LESS likely to get skin cancer than the morons who spend their time sunbaking, thinking that a tan is healthy or something.

I've only been burned a few times in my life, whereas most of my non-pale friends spend much of their time in the sun, getting tanned and are therefore more inclined to develop skin cancer later in life.

Truth: Sometimes I wish I lived in America just so I could have access to Krispy Kreme doughnuts and peanut butter m&ms. Which we don't have in Australia.

Truth: I once trekked 5 hours in the cold pouring rain, then waited in line for 45 minutes for 24 krispy kreme doughnuts.
  • QUOTE (justbelieve87 @ Aug 6 2006, 01:46 AM)
    truth: i can only eat jello & pudding if it's w/ a plastic spoon. it just tastes better that way.

^that's true. Eating pudding with metal spoons makes it taste weird...

truth: If I go to sleep before 3am I thoroughly feel like I have wasted my day... or... night... or morning. I'm not exactly sure what I feel like I have wasted, but it's definitely something.

truth: I've never posted in the General Discussion forum on this board before... and I'm afraid.
  • QUOTE (justbelieve87 @ Aug 6 2006, 01:33 AM)
    truth: i always feel a bit reserved about posting on forums, because i feel like i'm not as smart or funny as everybody else. and i always feel like a newbie, no matter how many posts i have

aww, no need to hold back on this board... all ok go fans are beautiful and unique and welcome and loved by me!..
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Aug 6 2006, 02:02 PM)
    aww, no need to hold back on this board... all ok go fans are beautiful and unique and welcome and loved by me!..

Agreed! I love OK Go fans far more than any other fangroups. You all are a loving, witty, and kind bunch, newbies most DEFINITELY included.
  • true

i am rather amazing
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Aug 6 2006, 12:52 PM)
    true

i am rather amazing

as am i.
    usually most boards tell newbies to go suck themselves.
    but i am in the thousands......
    so it isnt like i am one million.
  • QUOTE (Casey @ Aug 6 2006, 07:47 PM)
    as am i.
    usually most boards tell newbies to go suck themselves.
    but i am in the thousands......
    so it isnt like i am one million.

go suck yourself..

i joke..
  • QUOTE (justbelieve87 @ Aug 6 2006, 02:33 AM)
    and i always feel like a newbie, no matter how many posts i have

I felt the same way for a long time....I still kind of feel the same way...but I definitely started to get to know everyone better over the past few months, and I feel so much more comfortable posting here. smile.gif

QUOTE (Kaethe @ Aug 6 2006, 04:00 AM)
    truth: I've never posted in the General Discussion forum on this board before... and I'm afraid.

It's weird, isn't it??? But it gets addicting really fast.
  • truth: i'm addicted to the song snakes on a plane (bring it)
  • It's ok, Darbs, so am I. I saw the video on Austin's music station, and I fell in love.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 6 2006, 04:40 PM)
    It's ok, Darbs, so am I. I saw the video on Austin's music station, and I fell in love.

hehe, william looks so adorable in the vid...
  • Is william the guy from the academy is...? because seriously, he is hot.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 6 2006, 05:28 PM)
    Is william the guy from the academy is...?

yes...
  • Truth: I feel closer to all of you guys than I do to most of my friends in real life. This sadly does not make me happy, it makes me feel pathetic...
  • truth: i really like someone and ive been trying to make it painfully obvious to him but i dont know if he really gets it yet.. my friends tell me he doesnt wanna date anyone right now... and it makes me sad..
  • QUOTE (GirlInTheDark @ Aug 6 2006, 07:46 PM)
    truth: i really like someone and ive been trying to make it painfully obvious to him but i dont know if he really gets it yet.. my friends tell me he doesnt wanna date anyone right now... and it makes me sad..

i totaly get what your going through. same thing happening to me, but a little different
  • yea theres more to it but i duno..
    one of my friends likes him again.
    theyve gone out 3 times and every time theyre at eachothers throats..
  • my friend the guns likes the same girl, but they havent gone out.
  • truth: I'm really ocd about washing my hands and loading the dishwasher. I get really paranoid when I hear someone loading it, and when they finish I go in and fix it.
  • truth: today i realized that i cant have people putting my things back in my room. my friend came over to help re arrange my room and everything she would set down i would pick up immediately and replace...