In this Discussion

PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR THE AWESOME BIGNESS

Comments

• QUOTE (sherib @ Aug 18 2006, 02:44 AM)
    Wow, nice rant.

Haha, thanks. I was pretty annoyed at the guy's attitude.

QUOTE (sherib @ Aug 18 2006, 04:07 AM)
    Ha biggrin.gif Funny to see this quote (from last November) now that the brain-blowing has come to pass ...

"There is no real feeling of 'How do we follow this up?' " Kulash said. "But I will tell you that we've already made a second homemade video. So actually we have followed it up, but we're not going to release it for a while. I can only tell you that it's similar to 'A Million Ways' because it's a single-camera shot. And it will blow your brain straight out of your head."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1512818/2...104/story.jhtml

and the best part is, he was completly right about all of that!
  • So..what does everyone think they're gonna rank in this week? I'm hoping for 7 or higher, but you never know. I'll stay up till 2 to watch.
  • Wee ... they just showed them "coming up" .........
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Aug 19 2006, 03:36 AM)
    Wee ... they just showed them "coming up" .........

WAIT IS IT SATURDAY ALREADY???

Edit: OK GARMY! WE SUCK!

They fell down to 12! Bah!
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Aug 19 2006, 02:37 AM)
    WAIT IS IT SATURDAY ALREADY???
    Edit: OK GARMY! WE SUCK!

They fell down to 12! Bah!

Yeah, I was like, "12?!? Wtf???" I had thought the countdown was further along already. There was an 8 up on the screen at some point before then, and I have no idea why. It led me to believe the next number coming up was 7, and I got all excited ...

till the guy said, "At number 12 ..."

Apparently every moment I spend bumping threads over there is much better spent voting. Although I think I remember reading somewhere (this was a couple years ago) that posting on the VH1 board (and other boards of the sort--radio stations and whatnot) helps bands by showing the powers that be (at VH1 or whatever it happens to be) that there's a "buzz" surrounding them. So essentially starting lots of OK Go threads and bumping them on the Top 20 board shows VH1 OK Go's someone they should pay attention to, grant airtime to, whatever (as opposed to convincing anyone who goes there to vote for them)--which, if that's true, then doing such things is also worthwhile. However, I'm just talking out of my ass--I don't know how true it is.

On other topics, Jessica Simpson's covered "You Spin Me 'Round"?!?! LOL
    And I LOVE Andy Dick.
    Fergie=annoying.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Aug 19 2006, 04:00 AM)
    Fergie=annoying.

I generally like Fergie, but that song is inane. Who cares about your "London Bridge," shut up.
  • I thought it was complete BS that they only made it to the 12th spot. I wish I could vote like crazy this week to get them in to the top 5, but school is starting so I'm gonna be home as much. I was just happy when he said something about HIGA being the most watched video on the internet or something along those lines. Next week we shall get OK Go in the top ten or even five.

That Fergie song is annoying. Especially when that guy is yelling out Oh Shit. The song's pretty nasty too.
  • Especially since her video shows TOWER Bridge. Grr.
  • I, too, was disappointed in the #12 position. sad.gif I wonder just what they base the countdown on - votes, board postings, airplay, etc.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Aug 19 2006, 11:24 AM)
    Especially since her video shows TOWER Bridge. Grr.

HA. I was thinking that too.
  • I didn't feel like posting this in a new thread, so here:

In the newest edition of Entertainment Weekly (my guilty pleasure), on page 8 under the article "YouTube nation" HIGA is under "Great Moments in YouTube History" saying:
    If Napoleon Dynamite had a music video, it would be something like OK Go's.

Is that a compliment?
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Aug 19 2006, 04:10 PM)
    I didn't feel like posting this in a new thread, so here:

In the newest edition of Entertainment Weekly (my guilty pleasure), on page 8 under the article "YouTube nation" HIGA is under "Great Moments in YouTube History" saying:
    If Napoleon Dynamite had a music video, it would be something like OK Go's.

Is that a compliment?

What?? I totally scoured EW this week for mention of HIGA, how'd I miss that?? Haha.

I dunno' if that's a compliment or not. But I guess it's great that they made their top 5 moments in YT history.

Also....there's an EW thread I think I started, you could always post this there, haha.....biggrin.gif
  • So, the Newbury comics online update from 8/22 has a coupon for Oh No. and it mentions the new vid. so I thought I'd post it here'cause it made me way excited.

• QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Aug 23 2006, 02:43 PM)
    So, the Newbury comics online update from 8/22 has a coupon for Oh No. and it mentions the new vid. so I thought I'd post it here'cause it made me way excited.

^^ HAHAHAHAHAHA, I really thought that was a coupon for like, the band itself.

Like, "Get OK Go for only $7.99! Enjoy having four witty, amusing, attractive men, all in their late 20's/early 30's around 24 hours a day! Imagine all the fun you'd have 'crashing the party' with them!"

laugh.gif *is stupid*
  • I'd buy it. ahahahah its like I'd tap that. wow I amuse myself way to much when I'm tired.
  • Does anyone know what they made this week or if they even made it? I've watched 18-14 and I haven't seen it yet. I'm gonna check Vh1.com
  • QUOTE (AttAcKofTheELVES @ Aug 26 2006, 01:36 PM)
    Does anyone know what they made this week or if they even made it. I've watched 18-14 and I haven't seen it yet. I'm gonna check Vh1.com

I think they are coming in at 12 this week.
  • Yep, 2 weeks in a row at 12. Maybe after the VMAs they'll go to number 1.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Aug 23 2006, 04:53 PM)
    ^^ HAHAHAHAHAHA, I really thought that was a coupon for like, the band itself.

Like, "Get OK Go for only $7.99! Enjoy having four witty, amusing, attractive men, all in their late 20's/early 30's around 24 hours a day! Imagine all the fun you'd have 'crashing the party' with them!"
    laugh.gif *is stupid*

hah. if it was a coupon for the band itself, I'd have been freaking oiut way more, as well as literally running to the nearest Newbury Comics to get there before anyone else. Nope, its just for the cd.

in other news, I found more DRM stuff mentioning Ok Go here. <~~ link.

I don't know how old it is, but I guess it's kind of interesting.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Aug 26 2006, 04:54 PM)
    hah. if it was a coupon for the band itself, I'd have been freaking oiut way more, as well as literally running to the nearest Newbury Comics to get there before anyone else. Nope, its just for the cd.

in other news, I found more DRM stuff mentioning Ok Go here. <~~ link.

I don't know how old it is, but I guess it's kind of interesting.
    Ha, that's funny the video trouble was mentioned again.
    At first I thought it was the exact same text posted on another blog!