In this Discussion

PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR THE AWESOME BIGNESS

Comments

• ...or was it? Well, I do know that Capitol didn't want to release the video, so who knows.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 4 2006, 12:50 AM)
    I think that's silly. It shouldn't matter how long you've been a fan: I've only been a fan for like 2 years, does that mean that you like them more, and in turn deserve more attention and recognition. I have a lot of respect for you old schoolers, but I think it's silly to question their possibility of having a big break just because you want to keep the band all to yourself. It's so emo. At first, I felt the same way, but Milosh said something to me that made a lot of sense:

My comment: I was agreeing with Kikky on the fact that the Panic! fans were nuts and bought out all the tickets to the shows back in may.

His response: your comment about the panic! fans is right on, however how do you think it is going to be when okgo becomes the biggest band on earth!! i would say get used to the influx cause this rocket is gonna take off!!!

You can't stop progress. Get over it.

OK, so perhaps yesterday I was feeling a tad whiny tongue.gif Its more that Im worried about losing the little family that OK Go fans seem to be, I know that none of us are better fans than anyone else, we all love them the same, some of were just lucky to happen upon them sooner is all, so yeah, Im over it wink.gif Theses guys deserve their biggest band in the world bigness thats been comin at them for ever so long now.......
  • WOOO! One big happy family type thing!
  • I have a new campaign for the Go on the vh1 boards...

it goes something like this:

"Please... I need your help. Due to the injection of Ok Go madness into my bloodstream, I am slowly degenerating into a FANGIRL!!!1!!!11!

LYK OMGZZZ GUYS I WANNA MARRY Damian! LOL EVEN THO HES MARRIED HAHA! PEEPL VOTE FOR OK GO!!!11!!!!1! THEY SHOULD BE NUMBAH ONE!!!1!!!!11!!1!

do you see what I mean? I will only get worse and worse, unless Ok Go makes the Top 20 at least, and I can go back to my normal life.

To reverse my regrettable condition, please, vote for Ok Go. It only takes a minute of your time, and it could save my sanity.

Please! Vote OK GO!!1!!11!!!"

yeah, I know.
    I'm bored, okay?
  • But boredom inspires creativity, so you ROCK.
  • =) thank you.
    You also rock.

edit: so, this is way more fun than it should be. I think my supposed disease is starting to have an actual affect on my thinking. ahahahahahah. shoot me now.
  • Aww, shucks. happy.gif
  • ahahaha. do you think 3333 knows my fangirl scheme is an indirect insult to her? because she definitely isn't acting like it, not so far as I can tell.

whatever. this is way too much fun to give up on.

TEH OK GARMY WILL RUL!!!!!1!!!1!!!!!
  • QUOTE (Falknerd @ Aug 4 2006, 01:13 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=67564
    I have a lot of respect for you old schoolers, but I think it's silly to question their possibility of having a big break just because you want to keep the band all to yourself. It's so emo.
    You can't stop progress. Get over it.

Way to be harsh, Karleigh. It's not a question of being "emo." No, you can't stop progress, but part of you is still hesitant to see them become "the next big thing," and I think that's a completely natural way to feel about something like this. One of the hallmarks of OK Go is their closness to their fans, and when the number of fans shoots up, which is bound to happen, what's going to happen to that?

The way Falknerd is feeling is a way a lot of us are feeling, myself included. You can't stop the way people feel. Get over that.
  • AHA!!!

I quote directly from the mouth (the keyboard? the fingers?) of 3333:

"ILL GIVE THEM AFEW VOTES BUT JUST 4 U!!!"

I win. seriously. apparently she really loved my fangirl trick. oh man, this is great.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Aug 4 2006, 08:40 PM)
    Way to be harsh, Karleigh. It's not a question of being "emo." No, you can't stop progress, but part of you is still hesitant to see them become "the next big thing," and I think that's a completely natural way to feel about something like this. One of the hallmarks of OK Go is their closness to their fans, and when the number of fans shoots up, which is bound to happen, what's going to happen to that?

The way Falknerd is feeling is a way a lot of us are feeling, myself included. You can't stop the way people feel. Get over that.

I was not being harsh: I specifically used the word silly to ensure it wouldn't be taken that way. I used the phrase "get over it" as a flipping allusion to ok go. No, I can't stop the way they feel, but Falknerd POSTED her feelings, which means that a reply is expected. The response I made was not for you, it was for Falknerd, hence me quoting it. CHILLAX, katy.
  • NUMBER 14!!!!
  • How do you know????

Wait wait, if you're saying this because of that dude's post, that was his guess of the top 20.
  • Um, just to clarify... if someone could help me out, because I know I'll screw this up. The top 20 show actually airs on TV tomorrow morning, right? And that would be 8am central time, correct?
  • Correct. You can come over to my house, I'll be watching it.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 5 2006, 12:09 AM)
    I was not being harsh: I specifically used the word silly to ensure it wouldn't be taken that way. I used the phrase "get over it" as a flipping allusion to ok go. No, I can't stop the way they feel, but Falknerd POSTED her feelings, which means that a reply is expected. The response I made was not for you, it was for Falknerd, hence me quoting it. CHILLAX, katy.

Well it came across as harsh, imho. And I know it wasn't made for me, I was pointing out the fact that more than one person is feeling that way and I understand what Falknerd is saying. And I know that "get over it" was an allusion, but it just made it come across as, like, "ugh, get over it."
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 5 2006, 01:23 AM)
    Correct. You can come over to my house, I'll be watching it.

Ah, I was just in Austin the other day actually.
    [I MET KAYLEE!]
    But now I'm back home... so I'll have to watch it all alone.
    le sigh.
  • QUOTE (Kaethe @ Aug 5 2006, 02:21 AM)
    Um, just to clarify... if someone could help me out, because I know I'll screw this up. The top 20 show actually airs on TV tomorrow morning, right? And that would be 8am central time, correct?

...actually, it looks like it's going to be on at 3 am, but I don't know if that's going to be this week's or last week's. But I would assume this week's.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Aug 5 2006, 01:31 AM)
    ...actually, it looks like it's going to be on at 3 am, but I don't know if that's going to be this week's or last week's. But I would assume this week's.

I definitely noticed that on my satelite guide (which won't let me look more that 2 hours into the future because it's stupid). I figure it's the old one... but who knows.
  • Well, I'm up now, I might as well stay up the 24 minutes and see which episode it is.