In this Discussion

PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR THE AWESOME BIGNESS

Comments

• damn...I went to bed at 3..oh well. This is so exciting! I'm starting to like Vh1 again, but they still play too much stuff about celebrities...interesting, but too much.
  • you know what we should do about 3333?
    combat like with like. Raid the JC, find the most annoying fangirls we can, and send them to the vh1 message boards to argue with 333.
    kinda like giving her a taste of her own medicine.

oh, and I still can't activate my accounts or anything to get on the message boards there. tis quite annoying.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 3 2006, 12:36 AM)
    Except that they did it all in Orlando.

*SIGH* My point was, they weren't on tour a bunch last summer so they clearly had time to do a new dance, whether they recorded it in Orlando or LA.
  • pretty much, this is the greatest video ever. i was floored when i saw it. amazing. my friend was just telling me earlier today how absolutely genius trish must be to come up with an idea even remotely as awesome as this video. i'd have to say i agree.
  • Genius. No question. Absolutely. Without a doubt. Full-on hardcore more than anyone else on the entire planet so tell all your friends and spread it like butter, baby.
  • ahhhh, finally! I am now officially on the vh1 message boards as "merrgg". I intend to start my crusade ASAP. as in right now.
  • QUOTE (Trashy Trishy @ Aug 3 2006, 06:46 PM)
    Genius. No question. Absolutely. Without a doubt. Full-on hardcore more than anyone else on the entire planet so tell all your friends and spread it like butter, baby.

LOL! laugh.gif
  • "strategically placed scarves." =D

sheri, that was great!

especially since only us forumers will get it.

oh wow.

Edit: since I don't wanna double post- my goal is to give 3333 absolutely no reason to insult me, while still thoroughly supporting Ok Go. Wish me luck!
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Aug 3 2006, 03:06 AM)
    I just saw the video on VH1. I don't know what time it was exactly but it was between 3:30-4:00 AM EST. So if this is the same exact rotation for the whole week, check it out then. It's 100 times better on a television.

But i freaked out and started dancing and singing and . . . oh, it was just the most amazing thing ever. smile.gif

and thanks to DVR I recorded it.

Grr, I went to bed 2 commercials before it aired thinking that it wasn't going to be on. Good thing I DVR'd it.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Aug 3 2006, 08:59 PM)
    "strategically placed scarves." =D

sheri, that was great!

especially since only us forumers will get it.

oh wow.
    laugh.gif Thanks biggrin.gif
    I freaking love how you already saw it and that you commented on it here. Between this place, MySpace, the JC, and VH1, it's such a small OK Go world right now. And we're all on everything all the time, it seems. LOL

Edit: since I don't wanna double post- my goal is to give 3333 absolutely no reason to insult me, while still thoroughly supporting Ok Go. Wish me luck!
    Good luck. smile.gif
  • I have begun to feel sorry for 3333, does that make me weak?
  • Whoo hoo, they've shown the video on the telly! I thought they were gonna debut it nationally on Saturday, but I turned it on just as it was ending last night, at 245AM Central.

Fantastic.
  • Maybe this will be OK Go's big break. Wouldn't that be totally sweet?
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 3 2006, 10:40 PM)
    I have begun to feel sorry for 3333, does that make me weak?

It doesnt make you weak.....Iono...I guess I just like fighting with her....I like confrontation....or maybe I just like the way she resp0nds....She makes herself such an easy target....
    Im gonna go to hell for that aren't I? blink.gif
  • As much as I would love the boys to finally reach the stardom they deserve, Im sorta hesitant to share..... Alot of us have been following the band for years (5 for me, even longer for many) and Im afraid of being lumped with all the newbies sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Falknerd @ Aug 4 2006, 12:13 AM)
    As much as I would love the boys to finally reach the stardom they deserve, Im sorta hesitant to share..... Alot of us have been following the band for years (5 for me, even longer for many) and Im afraid of being lumped with all the newbies sad.gif

I think that's silly. It shouldn't matter how long you've been a fan: I've only been a fan for like 2 years, does that mean that you like them more, and in turn deserve more attention and recognition. I have a lot of respect for you old schoolers, but I think it's silly to question their possibility of having a big break just because you want to keep the band all to yourself. It's so emo. At first, I felt the same way, but Milosh said something to me that made a lot of sense:

My comment: I was agreeing with Kikky on the fact that the Panic! fans were nuts and bought out all the tickets to the shows back in may.

His response: your comment about the panic! fans is right on, however how do you think it is going to be when okgo becomes the biggest band on earth!! i would say get used to the influx cause this rocket is gonna take off!!!

You can't stop progress. Get over it.
  • I'm up and sleepy for two reasons. OK Go is gonna be on the CBS Early Show starting in 8 minutes and I'm getting ready to go shopping. I love tax free weekend! I was up only a couple hours ago. I'm so sleepy, but I will stay up for you OK Go.
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 3 2006, 11:40 PM)
    I have begun to feel sorry for 3333, does that make me weak?

I think its probably like a guilty pleasure... you know you shouldn't, but its just sooooo tempting!

And I haven't even made fun of her yet! weird!
  • QUOTE (AttAcKofTheELVES @ Aug 4 2006, 06:55 AM)
    I'm up and sleepy for two reasons. OK Go is gonna be on the CBS Early Show starting in 8 minutes and I'm getting ready to go shopping. I love tax free weekend! I was up only a couple hours ago. I'm so sleepy, but I will stay up for you OK Go.

When an where was this announced???? Gah, I can't believe I missed it. However, I did not miss the second showing of the video on VH1. WOOT.
  • 'twasn't that great, in all seriousness. only about 1-2 minutes long, and not very exciting, more about YouTube than Ok Go.

I was back in bed and asleep by 7:40.

However, they did mention that Ok Go got a "vh1 deal" ? dunno what that is,unless its just that vh1 decided to promote the vid. but yeah, it said they got a vh1 deal out of posting their video on youtube.
    Also, they seemed to believe that the record company itself put up the video on youtube as a promotion scheme. But we all know it was Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, so ha.