In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• YKYOW someone in Scrubs says "pamplemousse" and you completely flip out and shout it back at the TV.
  • YKYOW you get called in to work a few times one week and end up working an extra 16 hours, meaning that your paycheck will be about $130 higher than expected and before even considering any other possibilities, you go to the OK Go store and pick out a few things that add up to $130. You end up with this:

OK Go Camera with three mystery pics - $20
    Brown Zip Hoodie you've been wanting for AGES - $30
    Andy's Shoe Shirt - $18
    Gold Lapel Pins (for no good reason) - $3
    Brown Tank - $20
    Total = $91

Now I just have to wait until they add the super colourful shirt and the treadmill shirt to the store and everything will be perfect, my 16 extra hours of work will equal some new OK Go amazingness in my wardrobe!
  • *eek!*
    you should wear all of it at once... and buy some red pants!

edit:
    treadmill shirt?
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Mar 16 2007, 05:57 AM)
    *eek!*
    you should wear all of it at once... and buy some red pants!

edit:
    treadmill shirt?

The Treadmill shirt is the one they are selling on their tour with Snow Patrol.

Adrienne
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Mar 16 2007, 07:01 AM)

It has a disco ball on it! I love that shirt. 0_o I bought one at the San Diego show and lost it. But I found it again and wore it yesterday. biggrin.gif

...So there's no point to that, but I thought I'd share. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Mar 16 2007, 08:01 AM)
    Adrienne

The colourful one is from their tour with Snow Patrol too, I saw them both and REALLY wanted both, but I was about four dollars in debt at the time, and thus buying them was totally impossible...
  • YKYOW you get bored and count up the OK Go related things on your myspace profile and find that there are at least 12 different places in which OK Go is extremely well-represented...
    1) Your name is a line from your favourite OK Go song
    2) The text in your comment box is "Mediocre People Do Exceptional Things All The Time"
    3) One of your five newest blogs is about the OK Go & Snow Patrol concert
    4) Your "extended network" banner is covered with an OK Go banner you made
    5) Your contact box is OK Go covered
    6) There's a link to the JC in your "Interests section"
    7) The HIGA Video and a link to the OK Go driving game are both in your Music section, along with the Do What You Want video, a banner for OK Go's Unofficial fan club, and seven pictures with OK Go band members (two with everyone except Dan, with whom you sadly only have one) and each picture is linked to an important OK Go-related site!
    8) The Invincible video is in your Heroes section
    9) There are five OK Go banners in your about me (three of which you made yourself) all linked to the JC
    10) There's another JC link in your About Me, as well as a link to the OK Go facebook group you created!
    11) A Million Ways is posted in your "Who I'd Like To Meet"
    12) Several of your recent comments were made by people you met at OK Go concerts
    ...and yet somehow you're shocked and appalled to find that there isn't more!
  • QUOTE (kaydragon @ Mar 16 2007, 11:06 AM)
    YKYOW someone in Scrubs says "pamplemouse" and you completely flip out and shout it back at the TV.

What's this about pamplemousse?

(That's my favourite French word)
    (apart from Poufsouffle)
  • QUOTE (stripygiraffe @ Mar 17 2007, 06:33 AM)
    What's this about pamplemousse?

(That's my favourite French word)
    (apart from Poufsouffle)

It's Damian's 2nd favorite word smile.gif
  • QUOTE (mundum @ Mar 17 2007, 09:09 AM)

I wonder, has Damian ever said what his favorite word is? huh.gif
  • QUOTE (kaydragon @ Mar 17 2007, 03:43 PM)
    I wonder, has Damian ever said what his favorite word is? huh.gif

Ive been wondering that as well..
  • At the thrift store last weekend, I looked for and FOUND a pair of AWESOME RED PANTS. AND THEY FIT GREAT. Which is a big deal because this place doesn't have fitting rooms, and pants are a total crapshoot.

YKYOW this happens, and the thought of it makes you unnaturally happy for a week, and you can't wait to wear them to an OK Go concert.

btw, the best thrift store in the country (I've verified this) is down the street from my high school. Why is it the best? Because it's the size of a suburban supermarket, it's jammed full of clothes, and everything's like two bucks. I'm not kidding. Every time I go there I come out with a bagful of stuff. Some of my favorite clothes from the last 20 years of my life are from this one store.

Upon seeing my photos from the Logan Square shows last fall, my mom paid me a great compliment (and she meant it as such): "Look at those clothes! Do they shop where you shop?" smile.gif I love my mom.
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Mar 16 2007, 10:01 AM)
    Adrienne

does anyone have a pic of this shirt?
  • QUOTE (mundum @ Mar 18 2007, 01:09 AM)

OMGZYAYZ!
  • Something really cool happened to me today. In first period we got to watch She's the Man for working so well and, little did I know, there was an OK Go song in that movie. When Invincible came on I was so excited that I started dancing in my chair. After the song was over I looked to see if anyone was paying attention to me and the girl right next to me was looking at me really funny. tongue.gif I enjoyed that thoroughly.

YKYOW you sponteneously break into dance when you hear an OK Go song and you don't care who sees you.
  • QUOTE (kaydragon @ Mar 19 2007, 05:03 PM)
    YKYOW you sponteneously break into dance when you hear an OK Go song and you don't care who sees you.

Exactly.

Funny thing...I've been hearing "Circle K" in No Sign of Life and until a few days ago, I thought it was some sort of road thing, like Loop 1604 or something, you know? So I was reading our neighborhood newsletter and I saw "Turn left at the Circle K." I literally started screaming the lyrics to No Sign while running frantically out loud. Weird, I know. Then I later figured out it was some sort of shop thing. Oh.

This might have been said before, but it must be brought up:

YKYOW...
    ...You hear words from any OK Go song spoken in normal everyday context and begin singing them.
    i.e., Your mom screams from the kitchen, "Just one more minute." And you sing that line from "TV".
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Mar 19 2007, 06:36 PM)
    Funny thing...I've been hearing "Circle K" in No Sign of Life and until a few days ago, I thought it was some sort of road thing, like Loop 1604 or something, you know? So I was reading our neighborhood newsletter and I saw "Turn left at the Circle K." I literally started screaming the lyrics to No Sign while running frantically out loud. Weird, I know. Then I later figured out it was some sort of shop thing. Oh.

(Circle K is a gas station and Quickie Mart. I call gasoline stations that sell snacks "Quickie Marts." They're all over AZ. I think they were started here and then branched out to other states)
  • I was watching the trailer for 'Stick It' a few weeks ago on the computer, because I love Stick It, and SUDDENLYZ, "Do What You Want" starts playing during some montage of them on beam or something. I ACTUALLY SCREAMED... really loud... it was so awesomez.

And on the way back from school camp I was listening to "Here It Goes Again" I think, and dancing in my chair, and this girl comes up to me on the bus and she's like "What the hell are you listening to?" (I think my dancing was a bit energetic) and I'm like "OK GO ZOMGS" and she's just like "OK Whaaaat?"...

...but yeah, it's the australia effect.

(It's a good thing)
  • QUOTE (porifera @ Mar 17 2007, 09:16 PM)
    does anyone have a pic of this shirt?

I'm on a PC, and don't normally use PCs, so I'm not sure how I can copy the link and post the actual picture here, but there's a picture of that shirt in this thread on the JC:
    http://jugglingclub.okgo.net/jugglingclub/...sc&start=15
  • gah i want that shirt now
    seriously it is super cute