In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 22 2007, 12:37 PM)
    And Hannah - the oedipal syndrome is men falling in love with their mothers.
    The female equivalent - and I kid you not - is called the Electra Complex. So I was basically screwed from birth... laugh.gif

I wouldn't be worried, according to Freud's theories everyone was screwed tongue.gif

YKYOW... you're in a store, OK Go start playing and you actually jump up and down a little in excitement.
    Which also brings me to: YKYOW your friends try and ditch you in similar situations to the previous because your obsession love for OK Go scares them.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 22 2007, 04:37 AM)
    And Hannah - the oedipal syndrome is men falling in love with their mothers.
    The female equivalent - and I kid you not - is called the Electra Complex. So I was basically screwed from birth... laugh.gif

I knew that actually (some kids read Snow White over and over when they're growing up, for me it was the fifth edition of Davison/Neale ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY) but between the fact that most people don't know that, and the fact that your name's Electra, I didn't think many people would get the reference, and even if they knew what Electra Complex was, they might still get confused as to my meaning.
  • YKYOW...

your dad brings your ok go albums before you even think about them... into the car when getting ready for a road trip.

... my dad "likes da white one" better for the record lol.
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Apr 23 2007, 02:29 PM)
    YKYOW...

your dad brings your ok go albums before you even think about them... into the car when getting ready for a road trip.

... my dad "likes da white one" better for the record lol.

What was it that Damian said in an interview once when asked to describe OK Go's music? Something about seeing someone riding along in a convertible, having the time of their life: OK Go is the music playing on their stereo. Their music is great for road trips!
  • YKYOW you have the following conversation:

Mom: I just dounloaded that OK Go workout thing. It is hard! that guy is so anoying!

Me: Who Damian?

Mom: Yea. He was such a jerk!

Me: I know. it's amazing

Mom: He just would not sut up!

Me: Yea, but you hafta admit, He's sexy.

Mom: ... He does have a nice voice.
  • QUOTE (mundum @ Apr 23 2007, 07:12 PM)
    YKYOW you have the following conversation:

Mom: I just dounloaded that OK Go workout thing. It is hard! that guy is so anoying!

Me: Who Damian?

Mom: Yea. He was such a jerk!

Me: I know. it's amazing

Mom: He just would not sut up!

Me: Yea, but you hafta admit, He's sexy.

Mom: ... He does have a nice voice.

I got that as well, but I haven't had the time to listen to it, how is it?

YKYOW you hate working out, know you'll probably never workout, and still decide to buy the OK Go "Master the Treadmills" workout album.
  • QUOTE (mumblo @ Apr 23 2007, 02:36 PM)
    What was it that Damian said in an interview once when asked to describe OK Go's music? Something about seeing someone riding along in a convertible, having the time of their life: OK Go is the music playing on their stereo. Their music is great for road trips!
    PZO: For people who haven't heard your music, how would you describe yourselves?
    Damian: Uh, rock 'n' roll. Okay, you're driving on a highway and there's...it's really too hot, kind of gross, and the person you're with is smoking too much and you're kind of disgusted by it, and then you notice that in the car next to you there's someone just flying along in a convertible and is just like having the best time and their stereo is cranked; we're on their stereo.
    http://www.popzineonline.com/okgo.php
  • QUOTE (hyannah77 @ Apr 24 2007, 07:07 AM)
    I got that as well, but I haven't had the time to listen to it, how is it?

YKYOW you hate working out, know you'll probably never workout, and still decide to buy the OK Go "Master the Treadmills" workout album.

It's mostly just Damian telling you to speed up or slow down, while they play different songs.
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Apr 24 2007, 03:41 AM)
    PZO: For people who haven't heard your music, how would you describe yourselves?
    Damian: Uh, rock 'n' roll. Okay, you're driving on a highway and there's...it's really too hot, kind of gross, and the person you're with is smoking too much and you're kind of disgusted by it, and then you notice that in the car next to you there's someone just flying along in a convertible and is just like having the best time and their stereo is cranked; we're on their stereo.
    http://www.popzineonline.com/okgo.php

I love that quote. biggrin.gif Thanks for finding it Lety! I was just about to look for it.
  • yes driving and listening to 1000 miles per hour is enough to make you want to cry.... lol or is that just me?
  • ^^ I'd be the same if I could drive. dry.gif

And this isn't my obsessed-ness, but my 9-year-old sister's friend said that she didn't like OK Go and thought that the HIGA video was crap.

So my sister stopped what she was doing, made her face go strangely purple, and growled "What?" very ominously.
    She also threatened to throw the friend out of the house.

Then she collapsed dramatically on the sofa next to me and cried "Why?? Why can't she see that OK Go are GENIUS????"

My sister's brilliant biggrin.gif
  • awww hahahah! your sis rules
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 24 2007, 11:45 AM)
    ^^ I'd be the same if I could drive. dry.gif

And this isn't my obsessed-ness, but my 9-year-old sister's friend said that she didn't like OK Go and thought that the HIGA video was crap.

So my sister stopped what she was doing, made her face go strangely purple, and growled "What?" very ominously.

Then she collapsed dramatically on the sofa next to me and cried "Why?? Why can't she see that OK Go are GENIUS????"

I love your little sister. Buy her some Cadbury for me. ;-)
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Apr 24 2007, 06:18 PM)

Haha!
    Done wink.gif

Today I reminded her of it, and she said:

"Yeah, well, when someone insults OK Go then I am going to get vicious!! I'd like to see her try and dance on treadmills and bloody well break her leg again....!!! "
    And her face was like this: dry.gif
    Quite spectacular.
  • QUOTE (mundum @ Apr 24 2007, 05:52 AM)
    It's mostly just Damian telling you to speed up or slow down, while they play different songs.

Hmmmm, if I ever decide to excersize on a treadmill, or even stand near a treadmill while someone else excersizes, I'll have to listen to it, or maybe sometime when I'm bored, and want to hear it... yeah... that one's more likely

QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 24 2007, 08:45 AM)

That's amazing! Your sister deserves like 80 highfives!
  • Well since we're on the subject of little siblings and their OK Go obbsessions:

I taught my 2 year old baby brother to sing the chorus of Don't Ask Me, and the other day we were all at my grandmothers house, and my dad asked him to say grace and instead he started singing the song!!

I want to put it on youtube so bad, but my step mom won't let me!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Apr 24 2007, 10:18 AM)

Oh Lady Cadbury....you should start a thread titled YNYO with Cadbury Chocolate when..... tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (mundum @ Apr 25 2007, 01:14 AM)
    Well since we're on the subject of little siblings and their OK Go obbsessions:

I taught my 2 year old baby brother to sing the chorus of Don't Ask Me, and the other day we were all at my grandmothers house, and my dad asked him to say grace and instead he started singing the song!!

That's so amazingly cute biggrin.gif

I wub.gif your brother
  • QUOTE (mundum @ Apr 24 2007, 08:14 PM)
    Well since we're on the subject of little siblings and their OK Go obbsessions:

hahaha! that's awesome!
  • Haha
    My sister just got home from school:

"ALICE!!!! Today, this girl was doing her spellings, and one of them was mediocre!!!"
    *Grins expectantly*

She's just run off, singing 'What To Do' to herself tongue.gif