In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• QUOTE (Electra @ May 3 2007, 08:16 AM)
    Marina (the same little sister) made an OK Go poster at school today, apparently, when the class had to talk about their favorite bands rolleyes.gif
    Singlehandedly spreading the OK Go love to British elementary schools everywhere!!!

^^(apparently that's just some random guy in a paisley jumper listening to AMW)

I'm so proud wub.gif

these are awesome! Your sister is my hero!

QUOTE (Electra @ May 4 2007, 11:52 AM)
    I know, I pointed it out to her and she wailed "Oh no!!! Apologise to him for me next time you meet him!!! And tell him he's the coolest man in the world. Apart from the other three."

Thanks, guys, she loves you lot!!
    Especially Rachel, coz she has a certain fondness for chocolate... tongue.gif
    This morning I was singing along to AMW while getting ready for school, and I just turned to the side and saw Marina, toothbrush still in her mouth, doing Tim's part of the dance along to my singing. She's so cool biggrin.gif

I wish I had siblings like that! That's hilariously cool!
  • We're sitting around the breakfast table Sunday, and my 4 year old starts singing Invincible.

THEN my 6 year old step daughter corrects him, saying "It's crushing crashing atom smashing, not smacking, silly." Whoa. On both counts.
  • When you're walking through your office building, and the Muzak is playing "Solid as a Rock" and all you can think about is "Salad as a Rack"....
  • QUOTE (sprocket @ May 7 2007, 07:05 PM)
    We're sitting around the breakfast table Sunday, and my 4 year old starts singing Invincible.

THEN my 6 year old step daughter corrects him, saying "It's crushing crashing atom smashing, not smacking, silly." Whoa. On both counts.

laugh.gif laugh.gif
    You have brilliant kids.
    I love how we all manage to infect our families with the OK Go love....
  • you have to watch all their music* videos before you go to bed....

*not limited to music videos only... this also includes the ping pong video, and various other 'making of...' videos and live performances
  • YKYOW...

...the bus starts playing "don't bring me down" and you're so excited that you start singing loudly enough to attract attention from the driver, who turns the music up (btw you're on your own)

Yup, today I became the loony on public transport and all for a song that is not even original ok go. Oh the shame

... you jump at the chance to involve the boys in any work/school scenario. Such as writing almost 4 pages on What To Do as an additional material for Self Discovery blink.gif haha crediting Damian Kulash Jr. as an author is extremely awesome!

... you have done so many obsessive ok go related stuff that you can only recall a couple of situations at a time.

hmm i'll be back when i think of some more
  • the bus drivers play the radio on the bus?!! ekk! i wish they did that in Toronto.... the only music on the bus are the occasional crazy singing hobo...
  • Sprocket, your kids sound adorable!!

I used to run, but for the past few months I haven't cuz of school, so I'm way out of shape. But this week I started running again, so today I tried to do the gyroscope thingies Damian demonstrated- "the only moves that require actual dancerly balance" and of course I fell and got the waffle marks and bloodiness.
  • today, i was listening to my ipod and Don't Ask Me came on
    So I started dancing (basically jigging about and nodding my head a bit)
    And Marina, who could not hear the music, but could see me dancing, managed to work out what i was listening to by the happiness of the dancing and the beat (again, based on my dancing), and fist-pumped the air at the exact moments of the first few strums of the guitar, and then sang along to it perfectly.
    And attempted the dance that the girls in the video do.

If that isn't utter fandom, i dont know what is.
  • You know you're obsessed when:

No matter where you are or how much gas is left, you cannot stop until you find a Circle K.
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ May 8 2007, 12:11 AM)
    YKYOW...

...the bus starts playing "don't bring me down" and you're so excited that you start singing loudly enough to attract attention from the driver, who turns the music up (btw you're on your own)

Yup, today I became the loony on public transport and all for a song that is not even original ok go. Oh the shame

Haha, I do that all the time, my work plays the Lovecats and This Will Be Our Year all the time, and I get super-excited every time either of them play, and declare it an "OK Go day" every time they both play in the same day. Ridiculous? Yeah, kinda.
  • QUOTE (hyannah77 @ May 15 2007, 04:17 PM)
    Haha, I do that all the time, my work plays the Lovecats and This Will Be Our Year all the time, and I get super-excited every time either of them play, and declare it an "OK Go day" every time they both play in the same day. Ridiculous? Yeah, kinda.

lol an OK Go Day isn't ridiculous....

actually when i first figured out how to access my work's playlist i scrolled straight to 'O' (as i do with any form of music list these days) When I got to there and found 'Get Over It' I may have thrown a slightly hysterical fit (of joy). Luckily that's how I'm supposed to act at work so it was all good cool.gif

When I get strange looks from my colleagues, who only listen to fergie and nickelback and feel the need to ask me "What is this?!", i simply respond "PSSH! It's called GOOD music!"

but im quitting anyday now so no more OK Go Days at work for me sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ May 15 2007, 04:39 AM)
    lol an OK Go Day isn't ridiculous....

actually when i first figured out how to access my work's playlist i scrolled straight to 'O' (as i do with any form of music list these days) When I got to there and found 'Get Over It' I may have thrown a slightly hysterical fit (of joy). Luckily that's how I'm supposed to act at work so it was all good cool.gif

When I get strange looks from my colleagues, who only listen to fergie and nickelback and feel the need to ask me "What is this?!", i simply respond "PSSH! It's called GOOD music!"

but im quitting anyday now so no more OK Go Days at work for me sad.gif

Haha, it's only ridiculous because it ends up happening at least once a week, and because I'm the only one celebrating. I wish I could choose the music at work, some day I'm totally hooking it up to my ipod!
  • Today somehow my mom and I got talking about the OK Go concert. I was telling her how much I would be willing to pay. My mom is like "Oh! thats the guy in the red pants". I'm like yeah. wub.gif I say "I would only pay (insert amount of money here) if they were opening though. My mom looked at me weird for a second, she thought I meant if the red pants were opening. Haha, how I love my mother! She makes me happy.
  • QUOTE (ktlou7492 @ May 15 2007, 12:59 PM)
    I say "I would only pay (insert amount of money here) if they were opening though. My mom looked at me weird for a second, she thought I meant if the red pants were opening.

I'd definitely increase my concert-going budget for that! What's a second mortgage here or there? wink.gif
  • YKYOW...

Someone you barely meet says you've got one crazy obsession with OK Go. Gah! As if I didn't know, he just had to point it out. dry.gif and I wouldn't call it an obsession, it's more of a passion. wink.gif Who am I trying to kid anyways.... laugh.gif

YKYOW....

You plan your birthday event to go see Cavil at Rest and Sirens Sister who are on tour together, and who both were opening bands for OK Go. biggrin.gif laugh.gif

EDIT: Silly typos
  • I was at this engagement party and the bar had a jukebox wired up to a TV, so they play the song AND the video!!

I immediately took charge of the jukebox (you only got 100 selections and i had to make sure they were all acceptable)
    AAAnd they had Here It Goes Again WOOT!

When it finally got up to HIGA we were having dinner and in my excitement i stood up, knocked my chair over, and started pointing frantically at the TV shouting,
    "It's them!!! LOOK!! Everyone LOOK!!"

then i fell on the ground cause i'd forgotten to pick up my chair laugh.gif
  • ^^LOL!! Juniper, that's an awesome story laugh.gif

YKYOW...

The younger class has just started working in the clinic. One of them is named Damian. There is a boy in my class named Tim. I have fun walking past both of them and enthusiastically saying hi. They think I'm super friendly. I'm just enjoying that the two of them have the same names as our own ok go laugh.gif
  • ^^^^ lol i do that to people at work too!!

i have to ask people for a name, which we call out when their drink is ready and anyone with the name Damian, Tim, Dan or Andy gets a super BIG smile and a fast smoothie. haha glad to know i'm not the only one biggrin.gif
    i have to ask people for a name, which we call out when their drink is ready and anyone with the name Damian, Tim, Dan or Andy gets a super BIG smile and a fast smoothie.

Do you work at Jamba Juice per chance? Cause if you do I love that place. I especially the whole name thing. My friends and i don't drink coffee so we get really excited about making up fake names when we're together and one time we asked the guy behind us for names and he only came up with Leticia, so the 3 of us were Leticia, and so was he...it was intense.