In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

August is gonna rock hard lol i just got tix for Kaiser Chiefs on the sunday after ok go. should be a very very good weekend.

You would not believe it but the Kaiser Cheifs and OK Go are playing at the same night here in Brisbane! It was a tough decision, but OK Go definitely won out at the end. Heh. But I'm still a little mad that I'm missing the Chiefs sad.gif But the good thing is that I'm seeing the Arctic Monkeys that Saturday! Woo! It's going to be the best weekend ever!

YKYOW... You see and ad advertising instant coffee, of all things, that involves a single shot of four people dancing with supermarket trolleys and you can't help but think they ripped off HIGA somehow.

But with that being said, they did do some pretty cool things with those trolleys and I'm a sucker for synchronised dancing. Has any other Aussie posters seen this ad? Or is it just me going insane/obsessed?

YKYOW... You want to knit a scarf that has something to do with OK Go. Knitting is fun!

Edited: Looks like I'm not the only one to think that that ad ripped off OK Go I'm not insane, see?
  • haha, that's awesome, Lola!!
    Does this mean you hate or love the coffee?

whoah- just watched the supermarket one. ooomg, it's like an exact rip-off of the Treadmill moves.
  • when its ten in the morning and your best friends already know what website you are on [this one]
  • QUOTE (Stany @ Jun 8 2007, 09:27 AM)
    Aww, thanks Meg!

The woman who told me I had "problems" was visibly relieved when I mentioned that I was working on intarsia charts (to knit pictures) for bands that weren't OK Go. That I was willing to invest that kind of time in other bands. (I swear I'm not psycho! I just...really like them.)

haha, that's good. And yah, I tend to get obsessed with lotsa bands, too.
    as you can see....
    I started this thread =P

I'm glad it's survived, every board needs a thread like this.
  • I SAW THE COFFEE ADD!! they played it last night and the first thing i thought was "i wonder if trish directed it..."
    then everyone i was with leaned over to me and said something along the lines of- "oooh they're ripping off ok go"
    i said "yes"
    and that was that
  • Tonight I was at a party for my Chorale, complete with DJ, so relatively early on in the evening I asked the DJ to play HIGA. He didn't know the song, and wasn't sure if he had it, but he said he'd check. Then a little while later I saw the DJ at the dessert table, and he said he'd found the song and he'd play it! Yay!

So anyway, we're all dancing and having a good time and I danced so hard I needed some water. At this point, the DJ played "My Humps" (Good G-d I hate that song) which was of course the perfect opportunity to leave the dance floor, get some water, and take a breather. I'm sitting down when DJ man comes up to me and says "come dance with me". I politely decline and promise to get back on the floor when I am done with my water, but he says "I won't play your song for you if you don't come dance with me now". What was I to do?! I wanted to hear my song! So I got up and danced with the scary DJ Man.

Truth be told, I don't like dancing with strange men I've never met before, especially to songs I don't like, specifically to ones that refer to "Lovely lady lumps, " especially when my husband is nowhere to be seen (parties aren't really his thing so I was letting him sit this one out). But I danced with this crazy to the song, and wouldn't let him dance up on me because it was creeping me out. It's all for OK Go, though, right?

At the end of the song I went over to our Pianist Hiroko and told her what had just happened. I finished the story by saying "I feel so dirty." She said "You realize it's like you're whoring yourself for OK Go?" She was right. I had, in fact, just whored myself for OK Go. And had the DJ not played HIGA two songs later I think I might have been found in the fetal position in the bathroom quite soon.

Incidentally the dance floor remained pretty full for HIGA, mostly cleared off for "Dani California" right after, and for "Snow (Hey-o)" (also RHCP) after that only myself and two other guys were on the floor.

I feel like I have a good story to tell the guys next time I get to talk to them...

I danced with a creepy man to "My Humps" for you boys. Love Me. Now.
  • ^you're lucky the DJ had ok go. I asked the one at my cousins wedding if he did and he's never heard of them, not even the dancing-treadmill boys.
    OK Go would be proud of you, slightly creeped out, but proud.
  • mellow.gif
    QUOTE (DJRose @ Jun 11 2007, 06:02 AM)
    I feel like I have a good story to tell the guys next time I get to talk to them...

Heh. I'd have told him to go stuff himself.
  • I'm immensely proud, Rachel! whoring yourself for OK Go... that takes true dedication.
    They HAVE to love you now, if they don't already.
  • Tabetha I'd just like to say that instant coffee sucks. But instant coffee that has something to do with OK Go? Hmm, I'll give it a shot.

"You realize it's like you're whoring yourself for OK Go?"

Upon reading your story, I realise that I'd probably do the exact same thing.

YKYOW... You're on these boards way more than you care to share.
  • You go to buy tea and end up with this

• ^^^ WELL DONE, SHERI!
  • That's AWESOME Sheri!!
    I bet they taste better. Just coz of the name.

I'm so proud of Marina. Today on the London underground, she saw that I was listening to DWYW so she started singing out loud and dancing to it in the middle of the train. It was pretty spectacular. She even does Damian's smirk.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jun 12 2007, 05:54 PM)
    That's AWESOME Sheri!!
    I bet they taste better. Just coz of the name.

I'm so proud of Marina. Today on the London underground, she saw that I was listening to DWYW so she started singing out loud and dancing to it in the middle of the train. It was pretty spectacular. She even does Damian's smirk.

I would love for Marina to meet Hannah. Hannah does have a younger brother you know, I think he's 7... He and Marina would be great friends, I think.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Jun 11 2007, 06:44 PM)
    You go to buy tea and end up with this

That's too awesome! The box is lovely as well. How does it taste Sheri? Is it Damiana-licious? laugh.gif
  • holy fucking shit... *THE* reason I fell in love with OK Go was because I saw them perform get over it on madtv in '03.... it was JUST on... i'm seriously flipping the fuck out... brought me back to high school (yuck) AND when i felll in love with them (YES)
  • i watched 'Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure' today and the part that excited me most was the featuring of a Circle K as I'd never seen one before. I kept looking for a bench...
    i watched 'Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure' today and the part that excited me most was the featuring of a Circle K as I'd never seen one before. I kept looking for a bench...

Err, I'm really slow...explainage?
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ Jun 15 2007, 05:37 PM)
    Err, I'm really slow...explainage?

Jay's locked out on the fire escape.
    Sarah's still down on the bench at the Circle K
    Cryin' and Cryin' all day
    And everybody's best attempts didn't do no good
    No Sign of Life...

Circle K is an American convenience store chain.
  • oh sorry to be cryptic. I was really excited. DJRose explained it best, thank you!