In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• Applelye and Tempe, this is a brilliant idea.

Damian's basic power needs to be "Reduces even the most intelligent, strongest woman to an absolute 4-year-old with a smile." Then there should be various other spells such as "Stage Insult", "Shirt Lifting", and "Moves like Jagger, if Jagger were hot."
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 24 2008, 08:13 PM)
    Applelye and Tempe, this is a brilliant idea.

Damian's basic power needs to be "Reduces even the most intelligent, strongest woman to an absolute 4-year-old with a smile." Then there should be various other spells such as "Stage Insult", "Shirt Lifting", and "Moves like Jagger, if Jagger were hot."

Okay, I shall make the thread now. laugh.gif I'm going to cut and paste Rachel and applelye's post from here. Also, apple, do you have the link to make trading cards so that we can all make silly ones too? I
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 24 2008, 09:13 PM)
    Applelye and Tempe, this is a brilliant idea.

LOL. I added that in just to see if it looked good, and it actually does. happy.gif now I just need a one-liner for subtitle, something that describes his profession in just a few words.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 24 2008, 09:17 PM)
    Okay, I shall make the thread now. laugh.gif I'm going to cut and paste Rachel and applelye's post from here. Also, apple, do you have the link to make trading cards so that we can all make silly ones too? I

well, actually...when I said I "stole" it, basically, I looked at an example, then used my magical photoshop skills to replicate it by memory/reference. so, I could post a blank one like this:

but you'd have to figure out how to insert pictures and such on your own. not to sound unhelpful or anything.

EDIT: and if you prefer the boxes white:

• QUOTE (applelye @ Jan 24 2008, 08:22 PM)
    well, actually...when I said I "stole" it, basically, I looked at an example, then used my magical photoshop skills to replicate it by memory/reference. so, I could post a blank one like this:

but you'd have to figure out how to insert pictures and such on your own. not to sound unhelpful or anything.

ah then maybe the thread will have to wait. We could do just pictures and captions for now, but then it'd be almost like the Ok Go captions thread. Unless someone finds a website to generate trading cards. Ah well.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 24 2008, 09:25 PM)
    ah then maybe the thread will have to wait. We could do just pictures and captions for now, but then it'd be almost like the Ok Go captions thread. Unless someone finds a website to generate trading cards. Ah well.

well, anyone with Photoshop, or possibly Paint, could insert text and pictures. all you'd have to do is type the info in the appropriate boxes, and then paste a picture to fit into the box. it wouldn't be that hard. and if that isn't straight foward, perhaps I could write some tutorial...? o.O I don't want it to get all complicated, though.
  • QUOTE (applelye @ Jan 24 2008, 08:28 PM)
    well, anyone with Photoshop, or possibly Paint, could insert text and pictures. all you'd have to do is type the info in the appropriate boxes, and then paste a picture to fit into the box. it wouldn't be that hard. and if that isn't straight foward, perhaps I could write some tutorial...? o.O I don't want it to get all complicated, though.

because you are so amazingly creative, would you like to have the honor of starting the Ok Go Trading Card thread or should I start it and you enhance it?

I say you should have the honors wink.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 24 2008, 09:30 PM)
    because you are so amazingly creative, would you like to have the honor of starting the Ok Go Trading Card thread or should I start it and you enhance it?

I say you should have the honors wink.gif

well! I dunno. *blush* it was your idea. plus, you'd probably be more organized about it. but, ah! if I did, it'd have to be tomorrow. sorry!

but I've got a question, just a real quick one: if I were to write a tutorial...does Paint have a magic wand tool, the tool where you can select and area and it gets that dotted line around it? if you happen to have Paint, of course.
  • QUOTE (applelye @ Jan 24 2008, 08:37 PM)
    if I did, it'd have to be tomorrow. sorry!

Bleh, same here.

QUOTE (applelye @ Jan 24 2008, 08:37 PM)
    but I've got a question, just a real quick one: if I were to write a tutorial...does Paint have a magic wand tool, the tool where you can select and area and it gets that dotted line around it? if you happen to have Paint, of course.

I myself know nothing about computers and the cool things that can be done w/ pics. Someone must know the answer to this. There are many great computer peeps on this board. Ah, and then we will get back on topic, lol
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 24 2008, 09:44 PM)
    Bleh, same here.

I myself know nothing about computers and the cool things that can be done w/ pics. Someone must know the answer to this. There are many great computer peeps on this board. Ah, and then we will get back on topic, lol

it's alright, I've got it all sorted out now. to preserve the topic of this thread, should I PM you the tutorial or something? I think I'll go ahead anyway.

okay, let's get back on topic again! biggrin.gif
  • ooo, neat idea!
    There actually is a free site that makes trading cards out of your photos automatically.
    I forget the url tho- will post when I find it.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jan 24 2008, 09:52 PM)
    ooo, neat idea!
    There actually is a free site that makes trading cards out of your photos automatically.

yes, I think I know what site you are talking about. it's probably the one I used.

however, you can't have a neat paisley background. which is probably pretty insignificant. *smacks forehead* actually, perhaps it would be easier to use a generator:

http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/deck.php
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jan 24 2008, 08:52 PM)
    ooo, neat idea!

Yey, Tabetha! I knew we could rely on you tongue.gif

Edit: gosh you're fast
  • lol! Happy to help smile.gif This is such a fun idea, Tempe and Apple!
    Here it is:
    Fully automatic and awesome.
    And I cannot wait to see what witty lines Rosa comes up with!!

(btw- your refusal to call anyone but Tim Dr. Tim is so sweet!)

edit: hahaha, that's the one, Apple!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 24 2008, 09:54 PM)
    Yey, Tabetha! I knew we could rely on you tongue.gif

Edit: gosh you're fast

why thank you. laugh.gif I'm pretty sure fast typing is genetic in my family. my brother is insanely fast...however, I think in this case, it was just a matter of luck that I happened to see her post right after she typed it.

QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jan 24 2008, 09:59 PM)
    lol! Happy to help smile.gif This is such a fun idea, Tempe and Apple!
    Here it is:
    Fully automatic and awesome.
    And I cannot wait to see what witty lines Rosa comes up with!!

(btw- your refusal to call anyone but Tim Dr. Tim is so sweet!)

edit: hahaha, that's the one, Apple!

hah. I was pretty sure that's the one you were talking about, so that's cool...like I said, though, the only downside is no paisley background. which is probably only important to weirdos like me, so I'm sure that generator will do fine for everyone. *I*'ll still make my custom paisley cards, though. laugh.gif and I'll probably still post the tutorial I wrote, in case there are any weirdos out there like me.

well, alright. I suppose I'll begin the topic. tomorrow. now, I must get to bed because I have school in the morning. have a good night, everyone.
  • Nighty night! I anxiously await the thread of coolness trading tomorrow! smile.gif
    I just realized this site does lots of other stuff- calendar maker, magazine cover maker, jigsaw puzzle:
    Berry nice.
  • This is seriously a brilliant idea!!

QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 25 2008, 03:13 AM)

I have a slight problem with Damian's power: 4-years-olds (as far as I know) do not think the kinds of thoughts that I do when I come into contact with the Kulash. At least I hope they don't. wink.gif

My favorite is the DSF card, if and when it exists.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jan 25 2008, 09:07 AM)
    I have a slight problem with Damian's power: 4-years-olds (as far as I know) do not think the kinds of thoughts that I do when I come into contact with the Kulash. At least I hope they don't. wink.gif

Completely fair point, Alcie. I was referring to the fact that my ability to speak or think regresses to that of a 4-year-old in that man's presence. wink.gif laugh.gif
  • ah, can't wait for the thread and it'll be cool to have something to do when we're waiting for entry before they're playing or something...

ok, to make it back to the thread here:
    YKYOW... you can't wait for the OK Go traiding cards!
  • YKYOW...

You're at the bar with your OK Go partner in crime and you honestly coutn down until it's midnight JSUT so you can say that WE ARE SEEING OK GO IN ONE FUCKING WEEEEEEEEEEk!!!!! biggrin.gif