In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• ^^ take me with you!

YKYOW:
    This has more to do with my sister. She hates studying. She'd rather write essays than study! (I'm the exact opposite.) Anyway, she says she has a hard time getting info she's not interested in to stick in her head. So she starts to imagine it's Damian speaking it to her, and she says somehow his voice in her head makes the info stick.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 26 2008, 05:12 PM)
    YKYOW:
    This has more to do with my sister. She hates studying. She'd rather write essays than study! (I'm the exact opposite.) Anyway, she says she has a hard time getting info she's not interested in to stick in her head. So she starts to imagine it's Damian speaking it to her, and she says somehow his voice in her head makes the info stick.

you know...that actually seems like it would work. o_O I'm gonna try it some time...

YKYOW...you're happy with the novel you just finished reading not only because it was really really good, but because it had a semi-main character named Damian, and referenced Venetian blinds once. biggrin.gif
  • ^^ ah, now that sounds like a good book wink.gif

YKYOW:
    As you may know, I love putting the AMW dance on mute and let other songs play to it. Trish's choreography is so wonderful, the dance can go with almost any song. Anyway, I've discovered the instant way to cure boredom, stress, or the blues. Play Donna Summer's "Hot Stuff" and just let the lads dance to it. laugh.gif

Edit: BTW, I just threw my neck out swinging my hair around to GOI like an old 80s big haired band. My roomate called me a dork. sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 26 2008, 10:03 PM)
    ^^ ah, now that sounds like a good book wink.gif

YKYOW:
    As you may know, I love putting the AMW dance on mute and let other songs play to it. Trish's choreography is so wonderful, the dance can go with almost any song. Anyway, I've discovered the instant way to cure boredom, stress, or the blues. Play Donna Summer's "Hot Stuff" and just let the lads dance to it. laugh.gif

Edit: BTW, I just threw my neck out swinging my hair around to GOI like an old 80s big haired band. My roomate called me a dork. sad.gif

it was a good book. I would recommend it, not only for its OK Go references. "The Nature of Jade" by Deb Caletti.

oh, wow. that's a great idea! laugh.gif *runs off to try it*

aww, that must hurt. but...I can't help laughing. I'm sorry. laugh.gif
  • ykyow... you come home from a huge family party and first thing you do is turn on the pc, open the board to see what you've missed while screaming "TIMOTHY" along to the Jet song... (which is called timothy, which is why i chose to listen to that song... ) haven't even found the time to take off my shoes, whoops wink.gif

* ykyow... you say "i love you Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore!" when you realize your new status ("duuung!")
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 27 2008, 04:03 AM)
    YKYOW:

YKYOW the moment you find that ^^ out you try it, and get more and more excited with every song it works with. laugh.gif
  • Try "fear of sleep" by the strokes, it's got some not so good working parts in the middle but all in all, wow, fits almost perfectly! (especially the drums with their feet shuffling, haha)

also good: "can't take my off of you" , the Muse version... love it and well, the song fits perfectly to what I see there, haha.
  • Lol! Yes, isn't it fun? I first tried it to "(Wish I Could Fly) Like Superman" by the Kinks. If you synchronize it right, the lads turn their heads and do the jumps at all the right spots. Tim even looks like he's singing laugh.gif
  • hahahahah, I spent way too much messing around with the AMW video last night. thank you for that new form of entertainment, Tempe. it makes me like the video even more...you start to notice all the little things they do...

it's kind of a YKYOW...but it just hit me that on a scavenger hunt/birthday party I was at yesterday, I didn't even THINK of Tim when I saw one of the clues was "bald is beautiful." gah, what's wrong with me?! *smacks forehead* so I guess that's more of a You Know You're NOT Obsessed When...laugh.gif oh well. at least I remembered today.
  • ykyow... you watch gilmore girls and in one scene Rory talks about how New York is full of bald men and you have to start grinning, turn around just to see your friend also grinning and you know both minds have moved to Tim...

oh, and :

ykyow... you know now two people who're pregnant and you already think about spoiling the kids with all kinds of presents, like bedtime-music OK Go style or cute OK Go onesies... oh, I'm totally doing that! haha (and I just found out that onesie is an american word for the UK babygro...? )
  • YKYOW....You think about what you are going to do the next Time you meet Tim and you think about putting a handcuff on his wrist and yours and lose the key, and you acually find it to be a good plan for awhile until you realize it would really freak him about and probably wont be funny to him. Lol.
  • YKYOW even your pet rabbit needs to keep up with whats going on in OK Go world.
    ^^ We both wish we were the dog tongue.gif
  • ^That's adorable! My cat actually does that too but she's about twice the size so it's not so cute...
  • QUOTE (AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken @ Jan 27 2008, 10:13 PM)
    YKYOW....You think about what you are going to do the next Time you meet Tim and you think about putting a handcuff on his wrist and yours and lose the key, and you acually find it to be a good plan for awhile until you realize it would really freak him about and probably wont be funny to him. Lol.

hahahahahaaa... oh, that would really freak him out, but i'd like a photo of his face, haha... I can see it right infront of me, you doing the Mr. Burns fingertips together "excellent" move and have the evil grin then realize Tim panicks and haha....

and mundum & newslang, my cat does that too and then she lies down and meows and is annoying and yes, adorable ^^
  • haha. I actually have a cat as well so I know how annoying it can be tongue.gif
    But with Edward it's just so darn cute wub.gif
  • HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA Ashley that is HILARIOUS!!!! I honestly fell about laughing when I saw that!! laugh.gif

Mayo - I've been looking into OK Go babygro's for you too tongue.gif
  • YKYOW you find out that the guy currently working on the preventative maintenance for your office's security system right here right now is/was a contender for the Boston Red Sox and then remember that Andy likes the Red Sox and this tidbit of info might be of interest to him.

And then you remember that you don't actually "know" this guy, he just works for the company that supplies your company's security needs.
  • ok now, I have the weirdest thing happening to me today, all excitement for a whole week...

I was in my linguistics seminar and was silently humming invincible when the list of names passed to me. There we just sign to say we're here and I see a little sun drawn next to the name standing under mine and then I look at the name... A. Ross...

*gasp*

Then I look around there are let's say 15 people who have already signed the list, which means one of them is A. Ross.... I look around and know almost all the names and there's just one name that starts with an A... and he's sitting there in my row and next to me in my turorial for that seminar and I'm like "whoa, cool, he's..." stop when I realize that he always looks at my sheet of paper with all the notes in the turorial, and also realizing that last week was the boring week when I scribbled all over the sheet, like "Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore" or "ok go" and also "The A. Ross Experience"

that was the moment when my face must have looked really really funny (at least my professor looked amused when he looked at me... )

In the end I saw that his surname is NOT Ross after all and the A. Ross of my senimar must be somebody else, but still, I was shocked and embarassed and everything...

^^ glad it's not him

Oh, Electra, thank you, i actually looked at a few today but didn't buy them, I also need some good ideas what to put on there.
  • ah, that story is crazy, mayo! haha, I felt all excited while reading it. laugh.gif

YKYOW...you use OK Go to help you with your math work without a second thought. biggrin.gif

A girl next to me in class today turned to me and asked, "How many zeroes are in a billion?" And I said, "Well, in a million there are..." and I trailed off to sing "One zero zero zero..." in my head, and then I finished, "Six. So that means nine."

And afterwards, I'd realized what I'd done and wanted to laugh, but I didn't want people to think I was crazy. >_>;
  • YKYOW:During your communications class you are discussing the 9 rules for writting and your teacher goes on and on about how there are short words that people can use that mean the same thing as longer words that people use that they think makes them look smart. I kept thinking use vs. u.tilize and i wanted to say it and the next thing on the slide was that exact example and I seriously almost peed myself and my teacher gave me a very odd look and the girl next to me got kind of freaked out.