In this Discussion

HANSON

edited November -1 in General Discussion
Yeah, they totally need their own thread.

Comments

• yeah!!

so like... after 97 i totally forgot who they were. but a couple years ago, i saw them on some tv show & totally fell in love again. i'm not as completely obsessive as my sister is, & i don't really know all of their personal information. but some of the fans really are completely crazy. but you gotta love 'em anyways, because i've met a few of my really good friends because of them.

and i agree w/ you god. isaac really has gotten hot over the years. definitely better than the braces & long hair he had back in 97
  • QUOTE (justbelieve87 @ Aug 6 2006, 04:53 PM)
    yeah!!

so like... after 97 i totally forgot who they were. but a couple years ago, i saw them on some tv show & totally fell in love again. i'm not as completely obsessive as my sister is, & i don't really know all of their personal information. but some of the fans really are completely crazy. but you gotta love 'em anyways, because i've met a few of my really good friends because of them.

and i agree w/ you god. isaac really has gotten hot over the years. definitely better than the braces & long hair he had back in 97

Fuck ya, Hanson fans are absolutely insane, which is why I'm taking a break from the fandom at the moment.

Hanson fans are currently divided into two camps:

Camp #1: Hanson fans who are pissed off at Hanson for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to the fact that their management is shit and treats their fans like dirt.
    Camp #2: Hanson fans who have their heads shoved up Hansons arse and believe Hanson can do no wrong.

It's a very unpleasant fandom at the moment. I'm in Camp #1 incase you're wondering. I was amazed when I got into OK Go and saw all the stuff they do for FREE.
  • God you know everything. Last night I was browsing photos of Taylor and Zac to see what they looked like all grown up. That is sooooooo creepy. Get out of my head!!! lol
  • just wondering, but what did they do to treat their fans like shit?
  • Hanson to me was much like Les Miserables was to Trish Sie. I had never really liked anything until then, and I just became obsessed. I would pray to God that Hanson would come to my house and Taylor and I would fall in love. I think that if Hanson had never happened to me, I would be a totally normal and boring human being. I also don't think I would love OK Go as much as I do. I seriously think we all have a Hanson or Les Miz that seriously effected the way we are today.
  • i think of all the thigs ever hanson deserved a thread the least. someone should start a libertines one to offset the shiot that is hanson
  • Hanson was an important part of some of our growths as crazy people. The people that don't like them are either too young to have experienced it or a boy.
  • I don't think it deserves a "bah!" I actually think we should start a Spice Girls thread.
  • thats unsettling.
  • i thought i was the only one who despised hanson growing up... i still hate them... sorry didn't want to hate in your thread.
  • when do we get an s club 7 thread?
  • when do we get a pants thread???
    we could take pictures of the pants we wore today
    befores and afters
  • oooh! that would be supreme!
  • Do you mock us?
  • lols I would go a Spice Girls and Pants thread. We could have a thread about... The Pants the Spice Girls wore?

QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 7 2006, 06:46 AM)
    Hanson to me was much like Les Miserables was to Trish Sie. I had never really liked anything until then, and I just became obsessed. I would pray to God that Hanson would come to my house and Taylor and I would fall in love. I think that if Hanson had never happened to me, I would be a totally normal and boring human being. I also don't think I would love OK Go as much as I do. I seriously think we all have a Hanson or Les Miz that seriously effected the way we are today.

I would 100% agree with that. As annoyed as I am with them now for what a bunch of self important "ZOMG WE'RE INDIE" dicks they've become in the last three years, it is true that I would not be the person I am now if it were not for Hanson. I would be boring, probably weaker (I mean, come on, being a Hanson fan for nearly 10 years gets you a lot of shit, you've gotta be a tough bitch to deal with it all and come out whole), and just... not me.

PS <3 Les Mis. A Little Fall Of Rain, Yadda Yadda.

QUOTE (sweetness @ Aug 7 2006, 11:39 AM)
    i think of all the thigs ever hanson deserved a thread the least. someone should start a libertines one to offset the shiot that is hanson

Meh. Since I've come to these forums Hanson has been discussed in several threads so I figured it was only right that there be a place for all Hanson discussions to come together as one.
  • I never particularly liked Hanson, but I never hated them either. Same w/ Spice Girls, S CLub 7, all those groups that were the shit for everyone else way back in second grade.

I think its because I listened to Oldies 103.3 for the first ten years of my life. My parents listened to it, so I did, too. It just stuck, and I never really liked the popular groups. Until, I grew tired of being the only kid who didn't listen to Kiss 108, and went out and bought Backstreet Boys' Millenium. Then I was normal, up until sixth grade, when I gave up music altogether.
  • Second grade?

Christ and I thought I was young. All these people who are younger than me are going to make my age issues worse. Ai.
  • haha, yep. I'm a young'un, so to speak.

spring of '97 was second grade for me. I was 7 years old, and everyone in my grade was OBSESSED w/ Hanson. I remember there were scholastic book fairs, and that spring, EVERY single girl I knew except for myself bought Scholastic's Hanson Biography. Everyone was way excited because the youngest one was in 5th grade at the time, and that was ONLY 3 YEARS!!! My cousin had the album when it first started getting big, but he was a guy, so he decided he hated it and "let me borrow it" when I had no clue who they were. Then I tried giving it back, but he refused. So I still have it somewhere, and I think I only listened to it maybe once.