In this Discussion

HANSON

Comments

• QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 6 2006, 06:33 PM)
    I don't think it deserves a "bah!" I actually think we should start a Spice Girls thread.

Psht
    Chyea.
    Spice Girls>Hanson.
  • I'm pretty sure I went through my hanson/spice girls phase when I was in 4th or 5th grade. Gah, where have the years gone? It seems like just yesterday when i was arguing with my friends over who would be Ginger Spice....
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Aug 8 2006, 10:37 AM)
    I'm pretty sure I went through my hanson/spice girls phase when I was in 4th or 5th grade. Gah, where have the years gone? It seems like just yesterday when i was arguing with my friends over who would be Ginger Spice....

I'm going to pretend (and maybe it's true) that US grades are different to Australian grades (actually it probably is since dont' you guys graduate at 18? That's late), otherwise I really will feel old.

I was in 6th grade when they came out, meaning I was 10 going on 11. The youngest one, Zac (by Australian standards) would ahve been in 7th grade as he was 11 going on 12.

Spice Girls came out in late 96 and I liked them but Hanson was my one true love for so many years. By grade 8 everyone else I knew had grown out of them. I was the only one that stuck to my guns and didn't stop liking them because disliking them was suddenly the trendy thing to do.

I blame Hanson for my tendency to rebel against anything popular these days. Almost EVERYONE these days says, "I never liked Hanson" and almost EVERY one of those everyones is a fucking liar. Hanson did not get as successful as they did because only a handful of people liked them.
  • QUOTE (untidytowns @ Aug 6 2006, 09:46 AM)
    just wondering, but what did they do to treat their fans like shit?
  • Ahk, I didn't see that qn before.

Well, first and foremost was two months ago when they thought it was appropriate to threaten their fans and tell us that if we were caught in the same vicinity as the band we'd all be banned from their rip off fanclub, concerts and any future special events. This naturally upset the entire fanbase, in particular the people who live in the same city as them. Apparently they had a bad run in with a teeny in Tulsa and thought the best reaction would be to insult and then threaten their livelihood.

Last year they did a tour around the US promoting their self important whiny documentary and forbade fans from attending said tour. Apparently the fans just aren't cool enough to see the aforementioned self important whiny documentary so we were told to fuck off.

They rave on about their fanclub which costs $40US a year claiming it will get you exclusive shit and interaction with the band, only to ... never provide what they promise. Their management treats club members like crap by either insulting them or banning them without reason, thus essentially ripping people off.

Add to that fact they lie constantly, they ignore fan complaints about poor treatment by their webmasters and other management people and constantly re-release the same fucking songs on every goddamned album, and ... shit, well, most fans are getting sick of 'em.

I will concede that a lot of hatred towards Hanson at the moment is misplaced hatred of their management, because frankly the people they have representing them are rude, arrogant, and disrespectful towards fans. However, Hanson choose to have those dickheads representing them so it's their own fault if people don't want to deal with the drama of being a Hanson fan anymore.

/end sucky rant.
  • QUOTE (God @ Aug 7 2006, 10:34 PM)
    I'm going to pretend (and maybe it's true) that US grades are different to Australian grades (actually it probably is since dont' you guys graduate at 18? That's late), otherwise I really will feel old.

I was in 6th grade when they came out, meaning I was 10 going on 11. The youngest one, Zac (by Australian standards) would ahve been in 7th grade as he was 11 going on 12.

We tend to graduate around 17 or 18. Hanson and the Spice Girls hit in late 5th grade for me, spring '96, I was....11 going on 12. Yes.

I was watching "I Love 1997" on Vh1, and man, was I reliving my childhood....Hanson, Spice Girls, Tamagotchis.....I kept giggling a bunch. They even had Hanson on the show, haha.
  • AHHH!!! Tamogotchi's were amazing! I had one for the longest time, but it died, like, every two days haha.

And I was 6-7 in 2nd grade, so yeah, the grades are different.
    And the youngest was definitely in 5th grade. I remember cause thats my brother's age, and I thought that was weird.
  • i had a jurasic park one, it was cool the dinosaur would chase jeeps, and eat steak and drumsticks
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Aug 8 2006, 05:12 PM)
    i had a jurasic park one, it was cool the dinosaur would chase jeeps, and eat steak and drumsticks

..Are you talking about Tamagotchis?
    I had one(& was obsessed with it)..but then I figured out it really did nothing and it died. ohmy.gif
  • it didnt die.... you killed it...(angry face at you!)
  • Eh?
    No..I forgot to put it on pause so it died..so did the batteries.
    R.I.P (What was his/her name?)
  • can we call it "mort"?
  • Er?
    Sure..
    If thats what floats yo' boat.
  • you make it sound cheap and dirty
  • What, Mort?
    Honestly, you make no sense..
    you just make me giggle.
  • mort, its funny, like death, cause hes dead, its quite simple mort!
  • OHHHHH.
    I get it.
    I'm slow like that.
  • do you really get it, or are you just saying that?
  • Yeah I get it, I just don't say things like this ya know.
  • really? i do