In this Discussion

HANSON

Comments

• It's no big deal, I was just pointing out that she's probably just as upset about the lack of concerts where she lives as you are.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Sep 29 2006, 09:31 PM)
    It's no big deal, I was just pointing out that she's probably just as upset about the lack of concerts where she lives as you are.

yeah you're right. my lifetime frustration is that i never went to a hanson concert and my lifetime frustration number 2 is "never went to an ok go show". and what makes me want to cry is that they're going to be in Barcelona and Madrid :'( couldn't they come to Lisbon??life's sooo unfair...
  • I had to bring this thread back!

I think their new single is amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y20240XM4bY...ted&search=

The profits of the downloads are for african children who have AIDS or whose family have been affected by the HIV virus.
    Hope you love it!!:D
  • For Hanson fans: they have a new album called "The Walk" coming out on May 22nd just in case you don't know. tongue.gif
  • yeah I forgot to mention that eheh...
    For the very devoted fans: the album has already been released in Japan (boooooooooo!!!) and the price is 34$ more or less. Oh and you can download their new podcast "Taking the walk" that is already avaliable on iTunes ans it's about (of course...) the making of the album "the walk". The only low point is that they STILL haven't found their way to Portugal...
  • I saw this Hanson article in one of our local papers and thought this could be the OK Go community in 10 years -- except with paisley blankets and scarves.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03072007/enter...stadtmiller.htm
  • WHOOOOO, REVIVED THIS THREAD AND WHY!!!! mad.gif
  • "This other guy who was really trashed came up to me and said, 'You're homeless,' and I was like, 'No, I'm here to see Hanson,' and he's like, 'No, you're homeless,' and then I fell asleep and he left $20 in my shoe!" says Ashley Smith, 19.

I'm a fanson but even I think that's sad!

"and, for one girl, dropping out of college for the third time to follow the band. "

that's even more sad!!
  • hanson... more like... i dont know, im fresh out of musical jokes and puns
  • Oh, Hanson. Possibly one of Aussie's better exports... or possibly not... I can never make up my mind.
  • QUOTE (stripygiraffe @ Mar 9 2007, 11:26 AM)
    Oh, Hanson. Possibly one of Aussie's better exports... or possibly not... I can never make up my mind.

Aussie?
  • Omigod I just realised they're not australian.
    That's some other band I was thinking of.
    And I got them confused.
    I feel like such an idiot now.
    ...just ignore me.
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Mar 8 2007, 09:30 PM)
    hanson... more like... i dont know, im fresh out of musical jokes and puns

Thank you! I thought I was the only sane person here. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (stripygiraffe @ Mar 9 2007, 11:41 PM)
    Omigod I just realised they're not australian.
    That's some other band I was thinking of.
    And I got them confused.
    I feel like such an idiot now.
    ...just ignore me.

No problem wink.gif They're from Tulsa, Oklahoma (in case you want to know)
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 10 2007, 02:39 AM)
    Thank you! I thought I was the only sane person here. laugh.gif

you have to listen to the new music Tempe!!
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Mar 9 2007, 06:46 AM)
    "This other guy who was really trashed came up to me and said, 'You're homeless,' and I was like, 'No, I'm here to see Hanson,' and he's like, 'No, you're homeless,' and then I fell asleep and he left $20 in my shoe!" says Ashley Smith, 19.

I'm a fanson but even I think that's sad!

"and, for one girl, dropping out of college for the third time to follow the band. "

that's even more sad!!

The American fans are sad, scary and pathetic. No offence to any American Hanson fans who may happen upon this thread in the future but... it's true.

And I'm happy to revive this thread yet again. w00t. What's happened in the world of Hanson since this started?

Ike married Nikki. Six months later Nikki had a baby. An album was released, poorly marketed, poorly promoted and only in limited countries because apparently they forgot about over half their fanbase. They pissed more people off. Acted like hypocrites. Sold their family out to People magazine for cheap promo. Publically released their self righteous documentary Strong Enough to Break on iTunes and started an equally as poorly edited and tedious docu-series called Taking the Walk.

I am a fan. Really I am.
  • QUOTE (God @ Aug 8 2006, 12:34 PM)
    I'm going to pretend (and maybe it's true) that US grades are different to Australian grades (actually it probably is since dont' you guys graduate at 18? That's late), otherwise I really will feel old.

I was in 6th grade when they came out, meaning I was 10 going on 11. The youngest one, Zac (by Australian standards) would ahve been in 7th grade as he was 11 going on 12.

this is completely off topic but...i live in oz and i graduate at 18.... and i when i was in six i was 11 going on 12.... where do you live??? ...i think qld schooling is different to nsw (where i live) because qld doesn't have kindergarten... but anyway...

yeah, go hanson! ...i can't say i was really into hanson because when mmmbop came out i was only 4 (just to make you all seem really old... some of you anyway).... those 10 years have passed quickly...
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 8 2007, 08:22 AM)
    The American fans are sad, scary and pathetic. No offence to any American Hanson fans who may happen upon this thread in the future but... it's true.

And I'm happy to revive this thread yet again. w00t. What's happened in the world of Hanson since this started?

Ike married Nikki. Six months later Nikki had a baby. An album was released, poorly marketed, poorly promoted and only in limited countries because apparently they forgot about over half their fanbase. They pissed more people off. Acted like hypocrites. Sold their family out to People magazine for cheap promo. Publically released their self righteous documentary Strong Enough to Break on iTunes and started an equally as poorly edited and tedious docu-series called Taking the Walk.

I am a fan. Really I am.

God, I missed you so much around here!! biggrin.gif

yey that's a pretty sum up of what they've been up to. I'm really mad at them because

a) never performed here
    b)their albuns aren't even released here anymore

that part about people magazine I didn't knew...
    which documentary do you think is worst? SETB or the walk?
  • Strong Enough to Break is just a self indulgant whine fest. Taking the Walk was at least educational.
  • yeah, you're right but at least strong enuogh to break has a lot more quality when it comes to directing. Thta's my opinion at least. But they're both "we're so awesome, we can make an album, look how hard it is!!"

baaaaah!