In this Discussion

OK Go on VMAs

Comments

• Sh. We don't say things like that out loud.

I was watchin Punk'd! and mtv news came on. And after they announced who won award, even THEY said the highlight of the show was OK Go.
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Sep 2 2006, 10:58 AM)
    Sh. We don't say things like that out loud.

Oh whoops, my bad.
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Sep 1 2006, 08:58 PM)
    I was watchin Punk'd! and mtv news came on. And after they announced who won award, even THEY said the highlight of the show was OK Go.

I told you, Damian and Gideon Yago are probably best buds by now.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 2 2006, 11:02 AM)
    I told you, Damian and Gideon Yago are probably best buds by now.

Gideon? Like ... the Bible?
  • Gideon like GIDEON YAGO. > bible.
  • um... maybe? I dunno.

Gideon Yago is an MTV News correspondent, he was on the Colbert Report w/ Damian and interviewed them in the VMAs pre-show. he's pretty cool.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 2 2006, 11:06 AM)
    um... maybe? I dunno.

Gideon Yago is an MTV News correspondent, he was on the Colbert Report w/ Damian and interviewed them in the VMAs pre-show. he's pretty cool.

Oh that dude. IDK why but his accent kinda bothered me in the Pre-show.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 1 2006, 08:38 PM)
    now this is truly hilarious.

Clay Aiken fan blog, btw.

lol YES, man claymates kill me.

QUOTE (God @ Sep 1 2006, 09:15 PM)
    Oh that dude. IDK why but his accent kinda bothered me in the Pre-show.

haha, it's his news anchor voice. he only talks like that on mtv, it's really funny.
  • QUOTE (Jellobomb @ Sep 2 2006, 11:19 AM)
    haha, it's his news anchor voice. he only talks like that on mtv, it's really funny.

lol I guess I shouldn't be mean then. I'm still getting my news anchor voice down pat. Reading off a teleprompter is harder than you think, believe you me.
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Sep 1 2006, 01:32 PM)
    I couldn't let this go without commenting. Have you guys ever even heard anything by AFI besides a single or two? (If you have and you genuinely don't like them then fine, but don't talk shit just cause of the way they look) They're actually talented guys and they've been a band for 10 years. They absolutely deserve some recognition. And you guys said all that without bothering to mention that an actually shitty band (Avenged Sevenfold) got an award without deserving it....Sorry, I'm not trying to start anything but I had to say that.

I don’t see how insulting Avenged Sevenfold is any different. They've been together just as long and who's to say which is more talented. I'm not saying they don't deserve recognition, I've heard all ten albums at some point or another, but it's not like they were given a lifetime achievement award. It was just a moonman for another generic song, and I just thought it was strange to see Lou Reed hand it to them.
  • QUOTE (Jellobomb @ Sep 1 2006, 09:19 PM)

yeah, I thought that was pretty funny ("see that skinny guy w/ the emo hair? can't you imagine a certain (more gorgeous) someone filling those bright red pants?")
  • i was watchin this show, that talks about stupid things like celebrity relationships, but i saw they were gona talk about okgo's vma preformance so i watched.
    the woman pissed me off tho, by calling okgo the tredmill guys...
    fucking moran...
    if your going to talk about something amazingly orgasmic like okgo. u learn the name.
    all she said about them in the end is that they didnt fall during the appearance..
  • what show was it?
  • pssh i duno
    i dont usually watch thoes shows casue i could care less about if im dressing right or if jennifer sucked some dude off.
    lol
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Sep 1 2006, 09:02 PM)
    I don’t see how insulting Avenged Sevenfold is any different. They've been together just as long and who's to say which is more talented. I'm not saying they don't deserve recognition, I've heard all ten albums at some point or another, but it's not like they were given a lifetime achievement award. It was just a moonman for another generic song, and I just thought it was strange to see Lou Reed hand it to them.

It has nothing to do with how long they've been together. The fact that they are complete assholes and have no respect for anyone, including fans, is the problem.

Here are the important parts of an article from The Washington Post, front page of the Style section (!!):

Waiting for OK Go: MTV Awards' Existential Moment

By Jose Antonio Vargas
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Friday, September 1, 2006; Page C01

NEW YORK, Aug. 31 -- We wait -- and wait and wait -- for the quintessential MTV Video Music Awards moment. And it arrives, by our estimate, at 9:07 p.m. That's when the highly synchronized foursome of OK Go brings down the house with the first live performance of the group's YouTube charmer "Here It Goes Again," a rousing dancing-on-treadmills routine.

What does it say about the VMA that the show's highlight was inspired by a music video that took off not on MTV but on the Web?
    But the group that stole the show wasn't up for any awards. Rusty Ross, the guitarist for OK Go, didn't care who won the Moon Men. Backstage, still sweating minutes after the performance, he tells us: "Hopefully we'll be nominated for something next year."
  • They were on E! right now. They were just talking about fashion. They said they were in some Beatle styled suits.
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Sep 1 2006, 11:24 PM)
    It has nothing to do with how long they've been together. The fact that they are complete assholes and have no respect for anyone, including fans, is the problem.

I just figured that's what we were going by, since you brought up how long AFI's been around. And, to be fair, rock and roll is supposed to be all about being complete pricks and not caring.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Sep 2 2006, 01:31 PM)
    I just figured that's what we were going by, since you brought up how long AFI's been around. And, to be fair, rock and roll is supposed to be all about being complete pricks and not caring.

Is It? I always thought genres of music were about music?
  • Yeahh, people like the Sex Pistols were all about the art..
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Sep 2 2006, 01:33 PM)
    Yeahh, people like the Sex Pistols were all about the art..

If you say so.