In this Discussion

the thread of things you just bought

14567810»

Comments

• well, I didn't necessarily buy this, but my grandmother let me pick out my Christmas gift from her.

The original plan was that my cousin was to pick out her Christmas gift, and so we went to The Buckle because she likes expensive clothing (the pants there range from $70-$90!). I never shop there because of that. But I was looking around and I found this sweater I really liked and just for fun, I tried it on and it fit perfectly! My grandmother liked it, too, so she decided to get it for me as a Christmas gift. I almost said no but I looked at the price tag and it said $30, so it was OK then.

It's vintage-y. smile.gif
  • I just bought a 1/2 lb Hershey's Special Dark chocolate bar.... it's delicious... here's a pic of it...

• Just bought the Tenacious D Complete Masterworks DVD for $11.48 at JB HI-FI. I'm probably next going to buy Shameless series 1 or LocoRoco for PSP.
  • Well, to celebrate my VERY LAST FINAL of the semester [I still have an essay to write but shh that doesn't count], I decided to do some Christmas shopping.

After a failed excursion to urban Outfitters (a place where I always feel a bit unwanted, like I'm not trying hard enough to look like a hipster, therefore I don't fit in. I just don't care. I'll wear what I want ok? Maybe something from a thrift store?! Sorry. The store makes me angry and because I'm angry I feel like an elitist which I'm not. It has wonderful clothes, but nothing I can afford on a colelge student budget), I passed back down St. Catherine and passed a lazer tag place.

For a Christmas present, I'm taking my roomies out for lazer tag. Good idea? Yes/no?

Feeling like the mix CD wasn't enough, I decided to head down to my favorite record store/favorite store in all of Montreal, Cheap Thrills.

After finding out the Arcade Fire shows are ALREADY sold out (though Of Montreal is coming in March!), I picked up the RJD2 CD

(Ken likes hip-hop and mixes and anything that plays with sound, and I know he liked when I played Ghostwriter, so I figured it was a shoe-in), I saw that they had a bin of FREE posters AND an LP!

So, I picked two things up, one because it was pretty, the other because it made me laugh like nothing else:
    Can you guess which is which?
  • hahaha, Rod Stewart makes me laugh. But that other poster is very pretty.

There is this record store in Ann Arbor called School Kids Records [In Exile] (It's really in "exile". The rent on their old building went up and the owners couldn't afford it, so they went into "exile" in the basement of an outdoor supply store.) I love going there because they have about five huge bins of promotion posters. I once found a Blue Van poster in one of the boxes. That was the best thing ever.

And laser tag seems like a wonderful gift! It's tons of fun and you can act all stealthy.
  • i have been winning things on ebay

a postcard!

okgo badges/pins

a album
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Dec 16 2006, 05:23 AM)
    So, I picked two things up, one because it was pretty, the other because it made me laugh like nothing else:
    Can you guess which is which?

gyroscope are actually australian and my friend saw them at a concert and has liked them ever since?

and well rod stewart is just halarious! biggrin.gif

ebay is good, but a bit too adictive for me.. i was on all day after just searching for a poster.. badd ebay!

(i love ebay!)