In this Discussion

the thread of things you just bought

Comments

• QUOTE (sweetness @ Nov 15 2006, 04:52 AM)

this is the jacket i bought, i love it, and i know it loves me back...doesnt it?

im sure it loves you back joe, plus anything with buttons on it has to be good, right?

i do belive that the last thing i perchased was a pair of shoes much like these form a grocery store for $6, there pretty compfy. the lady at the counter laughed at them and asked if i was foreal? she informed me that they were nana shoes, as if she thought i didnt already know? haha.
  • umm well i spent a little over $90 on nothin but cd's a couple weeks back.
    just got some more cash and i dont know if i should buy okgo's new dvd, or the new ipod pillow.. im torn.
    My first pair of Chucks!

A fancy checkered Ska belt.
  • Kikky is SCENE. You've converted to the dark side my friend. So long.
  • Until I start wearing giant bows in my hair and leggings with mini skirts, you've got nothing to worry about.
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Nov 17 2006, 04:09 AM)
    Until I start wearing giant bows in my hair and leggings with mini skirts, you've got nothing to worry about.

heyyyy! I wore leggings with a mini skirt a few days ago! tongue.gif
    but no one alse does that around here and I love leggings, so...
  • My history field trip started at 3am yesterday and included trips to TWO malls. Enjoy my ridiculous spending.

(best. smell. ever.)

(the case is made with real gold! unsure.gif)

(tiny face loofahs!)

And then boring stuff like jeans, hilarious socks I can't find pictures of, and fancy shampoo.
  • Time for: ADVENTURES WITH AMY!

Today's adventure: Why Mail RULES!

Alright, I didn't buy this, but my friend, knowing the kind of person I am, sent this to me via the incredibly wonderful Canadian/American postal system. (I love getting mail. I love sending mail. I love it all. Oh shit, I need to start writing letters again.)

UH HEY THERE GOGOL BORDELLO LPS. WHAT'S UP?
    They're beautiful. They're new and they're beautiful. It'a a two record set and I just sat there on the floor going "oh my god, oh my god." Now, I just need a record player...
    (P.S that's my nameless $3 typewriter that Ken gave to me. You are all an abnormally clever bunch, can you help me think of a good name for her? I was thinking "Her Majesty Fancypants," but it seems a little off and, um, over-the-top perhaps?)

In an attempt to decorate our apartment (finally), my roomie Jenny and I purchased these at the local Urban Outfitter (yeah, I know, mass produced faux-hipsterdom, but DAMN do they have some cute accessories).

This wasn't purchased, but it made me laugh (which is why it has now been rasterbated and put on the wall):
    GO CANADA GO!

Oh, and I found this in a local mag. store and flipped.
    1) It's odd that they have the New York magazine in Montreal but 2) It's my favorite magazine in the whole wide world. It's colorful and the articles are well-written and it's fantastic. Really though, the pleasure of this magazine's aquisition comes with this:
    I LOVE CROSSWORDS. I LOVE CROSSWORDS ALOT.

Also, opinion time. I'm looking for Christmas gifts. My boyfriend loves cameras and really anything he can play around with. He loves buying old cameras for different looks, etc. etc. etc. and, in Urban Outfitters, I found a HOLGA CAMERA:
    It has color flashes and extra-long exposure settings and the like with which to play around. Two of my friends from back home were OBSESSED with Holgas (so much so that we had a Holga poster up in our teen center. yeah. We're hip.).

However, I am a poor college student and have little/no money and the camera is rather expensive for me (around $80).

How can I make money for this? I'm thinking of selling off some of my books I don't read/CDs I don't listen to at a local record store for some money, but I don't know what else to do for it since, as of right now, I don't exactly have a job. Help?
  • hahaha that poster is classic!

... literally
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Nov 18 2006, 02:16 AM)
    hahaha that poster is classic!
    ... literally

HAHAHA. Oh my goodness you're fantastic (but you knew that already! biggrin.gif)
  • hehehe thanks. but you're the fantastic one. A poster like that deserves mad props.
  • Thank'ee! That means a lot to me (as I'm not always sure if my sense of humor is on or not. I find really random things funny).

It was a difficult choice to choose that poster. This came in as a close second:
  • hahaha!

but yours has a bayonette!

wowsers look that soldiers facial expression! GRRR!
  • He is also doing "the claw" which makes him that much more menacing.

Canada is fierce, yo.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Nov 17 2006, 08:00 PM)
    How can I make money for this?

sell plasma!! I think that's worth a cool $50, and if you go back in 2 weeks I think, you should get the rest. I managed to make it through college without selling plasma, but I know a lot of people who did it for spare cash
  • QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Nov 19 2006, 07:28 AM)
    sell plasma!! I think that's worth a cool $50, and if you go back in 2 weeks I think, you should get the rest. I managed to make it through college without selling plasma, but I know a lot of people who did it for spare cash

How does one go about selling plasma?
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Nov 17 2006, 05:09 AM)
    Until I start wearing giant bows in my hair and leggings with mini skirts, you've got nothing to worry about.

*ahem*

As much as it's so "in" and "trendy" right now, I have to say, I really love the leggings with mini skirts. It's really comfortable. tongue.gif
  • Emmett bought a DCFC poster, he also bought an Atomic Purple Gameboy Colour (The see-through purple one), a new white band for Make Poverty History, a ticket to see MCR in January, and I'm soon to buy a ticket to Tenacious D in January.

I was also thinking of getting every season of Degrassi, every series of Coupling, every series of Spaced, the Mighty Boosh live dvd and The Pick Of Destiny soundtrack by Tenacious D, what do you think?
  • as long as its the english coupling and not the horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, crap usa vershon
  • QUOTE (giggleguy @ Nov 20 2006, 07:11 AM)
    he also bought an Atomic Purple Gameboy Colour (The see-through purple one)

I was also thinking of getting every season of Degrassi, every series of Coupling, every series of Spaced, the Mighty Boosh live dvd and The Pick Of Destiny soundtrack by Tenacious D, what do you think?

woot for colour gameboys... do you mean the old one right? gah... i havent played my gameboy in a while.

a second woot for degrassi! yes that is canadas best teen tv show right there... and by all seasons i hope you dont just mean "the next generation" b/c you would be missing out on the classic episode where snake is almost raped by some dude that picked him up when he was hitchhiking... and that would be sacralige.

QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Nov 20 2006, 07:38 AM)
    as long as its the english coupling and not the horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, crap usa vershon

what is this coupling you speak of?