In this Discussion

Damian is Hot!

Comments

• Ok, the concert production person must weigh in here: It's gaff tape (aka gaffer's tape). It's used extensively in concert and film production because it's strong but (unlike duct tape) leaves almost no residue. It comes in all colors, but black is used on stages because it doesn't show. I think Damian doesn't wear a belt, and the receivers/transmitters for his various wireless devices - although they have belt clips - have to be strapped to his body because they'd flip off otherwise. It might also help keep his jeans from sagging uncomfortably during shows.

I also noticed the gaff tape right away when I saw that first photo and chuckled to myself. You should see me at our events: huge keyring on a carabiner, radio, second beer-trailer keyring, all hanging off my shorts. Maybe I should use some gaff tape.

• sureeyesawake said:

Ok, the concert production person must weigh in here: It's gaff tape (aka gaffer's tape). It's used extensively in concert and film production because it's strong but (unlike duct tape) leaves almost no residue. It comes in all colors, but black is used on stages because it doesn't show. I think Damian doesn't wear a belt, and the receivers/transmitters for his various wireless devices - although they have belt clips - have to be strapped to his body because they'd flip off otherwise. It might also help keep his jeans from sagging uncomfortably during shows.

I also noticed the gaff tape right away when I saw that first photo and chuckled to myself. You should see me at our events: huge keyring on a carabiner, radio, second beer-trailer keyring, all hanging off my shorts. Maybe I should use some gaff tape.

Thanks for weighing in (about the weight of wireless devices, no less Wink)

• This is all I have to add.

After a fangirl-tastic phone conversation with a newly converted fan, my boyfriend's only comment was, "What the fucks a Kulash?  What does that even mean?"

• samanferr! said:

This is all I have to add.

After a fangirl-tastic phone conversation with a newly converted fan, my boyfriend's only comment was, "What the fucks a Kulash?  What does that even mean?"

That should be everyone's new signature.

Oh, and it's also the new Boardie T-shirt. "What the fuck's a Kulash???"

Laugh

• Dammit.  Somehow this ended up in the Damian is hot thread and not the boyfriends/husbands reaction page.  I must have clicked the wrong thing like a spazz.  Anyway, my bad ladies.

And yes, t-shirts are in order lol. hahaha

• I'm sorry, what? What?!? Want to fuck a Kulash?!?

>Okay, I have to go repent or something cuz that is the WORST thing I've said all year.<

(somehow didn't prevent me from doing the math below, tho. I'm sick.)

• violetchaos364 said:

I'm sorry, what? What?!? Want to fuck a Kulash?!?

>Okay, I have to go repent or something cuz that is the WORST thing I've said all year.<

(somehow didn't prevent me from doing the math below, tho. I'm sick.)

Amber. I adore you. And if I'm feeling up to it later, I'll send you the mock-ups for that exact phrase on a shirt. Because it may be the worst thing you've said all year, but you're not the only one who thought it. Actually, I was just playing with fonts again and there's one where "WHAT" really does look a bit like "WANT". I couldn't stop myself. Had to make both. Embarassed

• HAHAHAHAHA ANOTHER REASON Y DAMIAN,TIM,DAN,AND A-ROSS ARE ALL HOT

Kiss

• tiff124 said:

HAHAHAHAHA ANOTHER REASON Y DAMIAN,TIM,DAN,AND A-ROSS ARE ALL HOT

Kiss

That's was an exceptionally weird video lol.  It reminded me of me when I get really tired and just keep talking.  But, awesome nonetheless.

• tiff124 said:

Kiss

There's so many reasons to love them; fruit in concert sums it all up.Wink

• Like I said, Jade, Definitely Double Blam!

I'm going to take this image with me (mentally) this afternoon when I go get poked and prodded by medical professionals (who will all wonder why I'm smiling).

• OK Go by {super}nova.

of the blue colour of the sky

• samanferr! said:
    tiff124 said:

Kiss

The best quote ever: But next? Australia! 

The way he said that just cracks me up. And of course, Dan playing with a pear.

bullshituous said:I'd never seen him do that guitar/audience thing before the rock the garden show.

I know this is an old post, but I had to comment....he let me do that at the Portland show, in the middle of HIGA. 

I feel like I should add pics.

The bleep machine makes an appearance.

I love this one because he looks so chill. "Hey guys, I'm a rockstar, watch me be sexy."

• Moar! Note the awesome socks :)

Love the expression on this one.

And that one picture of Damian in my car.

• I've got about ten minutes before I have to leave, and I just logged in to say "Awesome Socks!"

It's so much more descriptive of my general outlook on life than All Kinds of Awesome or AwesomeSauce, so I'm adopting it today.

Also Damian in your car is AwesomeSocks!.

Sidenote question: why is paracadute.net down right after I finished changing all my bookmarks? Are we getting a new-fangled website or something?Wink

• That is the smallest cup of coffee I have ever seen. I shall call it Barbie coffee!

Btw- Hi everybody! I feel like I've been neglecting my duties as an OK Go fan recently but now... I AM BACK! Laugh

• OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG IN YOUR CAR???????????

Please either;

a) explain how you made this happen

b) point me to a link where you have already explained how you made this happen!!

Thanks in advance, looking forward to some good reading!

Surprised

• hensocks said:

That is the smallest cup of coffee I have ever seen. I shall call it Barbie coffee!

It's Dinky Damian coffee!

Okay, here's the story, I already typed it out for sunnyside :)

I go to the School of Rock, which is a music program. Sometimes we get the opportunity to meet bands and artists, (Frank Black for one, and the Decemberists) usually because one of the teachers has a connection or something. When I found out that OK Go was coming to my town, I nearly died from excitement inside, and then I thought, "well why don't I email them and ask if they can come visit the School?" So I did. It took me about a week to craft the perfect email ;)

Then I finally sent it, and a day later, their manager emailed me back and said, "sure, why not? Let's set something up?" Mind you, I was bawling my eyes out when I got the reply. I was so ecstatic, my hands were shaking for two days straight.

So finally, we got something worked out that they would come visit the School a couple of hours before their show that night, and do an hourlong workshop with all the students and then play some acoustic songs. But the thing is, the manager told my director (the guy that runs the School, and who ended up figuring the whole thing out) that the guys had absolutely no way of getting from their hotel to the School, plus they had no idea where it was located, so he asked if one of the teachers could give them a ride. My director didn't have a big enough car, so he asked my mom if she could give the guys a ride from their hotel to the school and back and then to the theater. Obviously, she couldn't say no :)

So my best friend and I got to ride in the car with the guys (me with Damian, for obvious reasons, and my friend with Tim and Andy) and chaffeur them around for a while. It was AMAZING. We actually drove past Damian's old house and talked for a good 30 minutes alone. 

And we had the workshop, and they watched my TTSP cover, and a lot of other things that I'll write later if you want to hear about them and I have the time :)  

• ChristelAdina said:

Sidenote question: why is paracadute.net down right after I finished changing all my bookmarks? Are we getting a new-fangled website or something?Wink

When I go to paracadute.net it redirects straight to okgo.net.