OK Go on "Las Vegas" (NBC TV show)

Comments

• QUOTE (Kikky @ Jan 12 2007, 09:04 PM)
    Reminder: IT'S ON. TURN YOUR TV ON NOW.
    That is all.

Watching... nice to hear so much OK GO music on TV biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (ncgal @ Jan 12 2007, 10:17 PM)
    Watching... nice to hear so much OK GO music on TV biggrin.gif

seriously! 16 minutes into the show and there's been 3 spottings and 2 songs!
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Jan 12 2007, 07:20 PM)
    seriously! 16 minutes into the show and there's been 3 spottings and 2 songs!

Ah tell me all the spottings. Cause the show starts here in an hour and I'd much rather tape the ok go bits rather than the whole boring show
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 12 2007, 10:26 PM)
    Ah tell me all the spottings. Cause the show starts here in an hour and I'd much rather tape the ok go bits rather than the whole boring show

Well, two of the occasions are the HiGA video playing on the tv's in the background of the shot, one is where Mary and Sam were talking about how the tickets to their show was sold out, and just now they just were setting up their set when Mary detained them elsewhere. and that's all that they're seen the first half hour. Most of it's not worth recording if you're just after the OK Go spottings, just the part where they're setting up, so far.
  • Sorry to people who are fans of this show, but the acting is lame and all they ever do is go around saying "hi!" to each other. The only worthwhile actor is James Caan. Bring on the boys now!
  • Well, I've never seen the show before, and it is lame. Josh Duhamel and Molly Sims are very pretty. I don't like James Caan - I'm sick of his whole tough guy act. dry.gif On the positive side, lots of OK Go music throughout and all of them had lines. Fun! laugh.gif

Tempe, love the new signature picture.
  • argg it's only 7:16 here!

Does anyone here watch Las Vegas regularly? I never really considered watching it before, but...they have OK Go on! And while NBC has the entire season up online, I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile to watch the whole thing.

Anyway, hope everyone is enjoying it so far. I'm watching Wheel of Fortune and TOTALLY beating my suitemates! EVEN when I'm online. HA! laugh.gif
  • ... It's finished over where I live, and quite frankly, I'm disappointed by HOW OK Go was featured in this show. 'Las Vegas' itself is a crappy show (I've never watched it but 5 minutes into it and I'm like, "Oh Jeezus.") and the only resplendency was OK Go's shine-time through the whole thing. I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion...

OK Go is featured a good amount in the show, I found. (I don't want to spoil but...) Their songs are everywhere. And they are in the show a good number of times. It was just so unusual to see them in a 'character' as they portray themselves. I was hoping they would do justice to how they 'really' are (or as far as we know them ourselves) with their fans and allow them to portray this for themselves. Nay, they did not do this. All of us fans can see the vapidness of their statements... It just doesn't seem like how they would act in real life. (But, I've never met them so I can't truly make a good judgement on this in particular.) =)

At any rate, it was fun to see OK Go doing some acting. After everyone has seen it I'm sure we can scan parsely through their performance as a whole and find what was the most beneficial aspect of watching the show just for them... I don't want to elaborate anymore for the people who have not yet seen it though... *is quiet*

One more thing though. I was elated to see Andy have a substantial speaking part. I was perturbed that Tim nor Dan had a bigger contribution though. BUT there is nothing I can do. . .
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 12 2007, 11:02 PM)
    Sorry to people who are fans of this show, but the acting is lame and all they ever do is go around saying "hi!" to each other. The only worthwhile actor is James Caan. Bring on the boys now!

hahaha, I'm probably the only one, and sometimes I don't even like the show due to the whiny girlyness. So no worries, sweet tempe!
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Jan 12 2007, 08:21 PM)
    hahaha, I'm probably the only one, and sometimes I don't even like the show due to the whiny girlyness. So no worries, sweet tempe!

Yes, that's the problem w/ it! I don't like the girls they hired to play the main parts.

(...Seriously Kim, why didn't they pick you instead? wink.gif )
  • QUOTE (EcstaticGrandmas?! @ Jan 12 2007, 08:21 PM)
    It was just so unusual to see them in a 'character' as they portray themselves. I was hoping they would do justice to how they 'really' are (or as far as we know them ourselves) with their fans and allow them to portray this for themselves. Nay, they did not do this. All of us fans can see the vapidness of their statements... It just doesn't seem like how they would act in real life. (But, I've never met them so I can't truly make a good judgement on this in particular.) =)

I was elated to see Andy have a substantial speaking part. I was perturbed that Tim nor Dan had a bigger contribution though.

Yeah, I thought their lines were unrealistic to what they would normally say. But the constant supply of "Oh No" permeating the show was great.

Tiim played the role of "himself." It's a very important role. (Damn, Tim said that joke so much better then Tempe can)
  • I agree with EcstaticGrandmas. I'd even TiVoed the show with the intention of watching it over a million times only for the OK Go parts and not for the other parts. I tried to pay attention to the plot, but I was both so excited for OK Go parts and too bored with the story and annoyed with the actresses.

I thought that they could have showcased the fact that there's more to OK Go than treadmills, and that scene was kind of awkward to me. And at the end when they showed the band playing DWYW, the scene *coughohsogrossIMHOcough* took away from it.

But otherwise, it was great to see the guys act. Too bad there weren't more scenes with them!
  • Sorry, accidental double post.
  • Yeah DWYW and a lesbianesque kiss go together so well dry.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 12 2007, 10:02 PM)
    Sorry to people who are fans of this show, but the acting is lame and all they ever do is go around saying "hi!" to each other. The only worthwhile actor is James Caan. Bring on the boys now!

Agreed. Not to mention it is extremely sexist. Um, WHY were those girls making out at the end?!??!

The boys were so good though! They all had lines, aaah they were so cute! I was squeeing with my friend the whole time! And it made me so happy when they played Good Idea at the Time and No Sign of Life. Those are two of my favorites.
  • QUOTE (EcstaticGrandmas?! @ Jan 12 2007, 10:21 PM)
    OK Go is featured a good amount in the show, I found. (I don't want to spoil but...) Their songs are everywhere. And they are in the show a good number of times. It was just so unusual to see them in a 'character' as they portray themselves. I was hoping they would do justice to how they 'really' are (or as far as we know them ourselves) with their fans and allow them to portray this for themselves. Nay, they did not do this. All of us fans can see the vapidness of their statements... It just doesn't seem like how they would act in real life. (But, I've never met them so I can't truly make a good judgement on this in particular.) =)

Well, they didn't really say much of anything, except "I thought you knew?" and "Yeah, come down and try it." I mean, it's LAS VEGAS, what do you expect?? EVERYTHING about that show is vapid.

But yeah, Damian didn't really sound like himself. He had way too few lines. happy.gif

But I don't really think the writers were trying to make them sound like themselves. After all, the episode wasn't really about them. They were kind of just weaved into the plot as the cause of the catfight between those two girls who I can't tell apart because all the women in that show are white and have big boobs and lots of make up.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 12 2007, 11:41 PM)
    Yes, that's the problem w/ it! I don't like the girls they hired to play the main parts.

(...Seriously Kim, why didn't they pick you instead? wink.gif )

SERIOUSLY!! I mean, it's not like I auditioned or anything, but they could have just picked me off the street and gave me that job and I'd have acted those girls into a box! hehehe laugh.gif Well, maybe not Bobcat Goldthwait's ex, but the rest of them.

I do think the guys performance was the most realistic I've seen yet. Usually when they're on late night talkshows, Damian likes to strip the camera with his eyes, and tonight there wasn't a lot of that. Sure, his smug trademark grin was there, but Damian, Tim, and Andy seemed like they were onstage at a show rather than filming on a television set. Dan, however, was grinning like a goof when they first started playing..and that was the most unDan thing I've ever seen. Usually he's got a serious look about him when performing, since he's got such a vital role in making the music work..but tonight he looked like he was at a jam session or something. Overall, especially after seeing it in quasi-HD, it felt like I was frontstage at a show, which I have to commend the show for.
  • My dad watches this show because...he's a man and he likes to look at ladies? I don't know, but it's terrible. However, I was SHOCKED to see that they were actually IN the show and talking like people. Is it me or does this make them seem more famous than they actually are? OR are they really that famous now? This is all just a little surreal.
  • I'm watching it right now, but it's only in the first 20 minutes, so the guys haven't come on yet, but I was just wondering, who else thought that they should have been playing "There's A Fire" when the house was on fire.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Jan 12 2007, 10:24 PM)
    I was just wondering, who else thought that they should have been playing "There's A Fire" when the house was on fire.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Lol, Good point!