In this Discussion

OK Go on "Las Vegas" (NBC TV show)

Comments

• Tabatha and I are on the phone right now trying to figure out what these people actualy do when BAM, we see Dan and start screaming. It caught us off gaurd. Sorry if I intterupted a conversation. I wanted to avoid reading this thread until after I saw it. Wish us luck because we are getting confused and a little flusterd about the actual plot.
  • I wanted to avoid this thread, but I couldn't. I'm not paying any attention to the plot because it's hard to concentrate on anything that's not OK Go right now.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Jan 12 2007, 09:31 PM)
    I wanted to avoid this thread, but I couldn't. I'm not paying any attention to the plot because it's hard to concentrate on anything that's not OK Go right now.

That is so true. AHH. Sorry I just saw them again. They are naturals.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 13 2007, 03:59 AM)
    Yeah DWYW and a lesbianesque kiss go together so well dry.gif

HAHAHAHA laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

OMG the show was stupid and i felt like nothing actually happened in that hour. OMG i got so excited whenever i saw them. hehehe. it was lovely and sexy.
  • Was I the only one who was tuning out all the dialogue to hear the songs playing in the background?!

I was a bit sad they had to lipsync DWYW and the lesbianage threw me off, but that was definately a healthy dose of OK Go!

and Damian's ending to DWYW was priceless...
  • QUOTE (mmmary @ Jan 12 2007, 10:14 PM)
    Was I the only one who was tuning out all the dialogue to hear the songs playing in the background?!

I did that too! It was way too exciting to hear their songs on TV to actually listen to the dialogue. Singing along really helped tune the awful actors out. tongue.gif
  • I don't know how that show is even still on. If OK Go wasn't on it tonight, I would not have put myself through that. I was tuning out all the dialogue too, even when OK Go wasn't playing in the background, and when I would see the videos in the background I would watch that, not the people.

I'm sure that shows ratings were much higher tonight than they ever were.
  • I'm not a regular watcher of Las Vegas (well... everwatcher of it, but I think that OK Go is the best think that has ever happened to that show.
  • That was pretty awesome though. Like they started on with HIGA and then more songs played in the background. the show was full of OK Go. It was good! There were so many pictures in the background too! I couldn't help but scream a little everytime i saw it. haha biggrin.gif Then when they finally came on. wow.. but it was more funny though cause they actually weren't themselves which is kind of hard to see.

i'm just glad they're on t.v. and i actually didn't miss it this time.=D
    and then i'm going to watch it again online! yay!
  • How sad am I. While I was watching, I turned to my sister and said, "This is the best Friday night ever." I was so excited that I couldn't even knit while I was watching. (I'm secretly an old lady.)
  • QUOTE (mmmary @ Jan 12 2007, 10:24 PM)
    I'm not a regular watcher of Las Vegas (well... everwatcher of it, but I think that OK Go is the best think that has ever happened to that show.

HA!
    yeah ditto.

...and wow, James Caan...what happened?
    I mean...you were in The Godfather! I thought you hit a low when you did Mickey Blue Eyes (though I'll admit it was funny when you were trying to teach Hugh Grant to talk tough) but I'm pretty sure this tv show has surpassed even that. I guess at least you get to work with "gorgeous" people...not many people can claim that.
  • i couldn't wake up to see it sad.gif sad.gif but i saw the link and i already hate the actresses in there. anybody making a compilation of okgo sightings/songs? smile.gif

they are so cute smile.gif
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Jan 12 2007, 11:24 PM)
    I'm watching it right now, but it's only in the first 20 minutes, so the guys haven't come on yet, but I was just wondering, who else thought that they should have been playing "There's A Fire" when the house was on fire.

Good point. laugh.gif They should've also played AMW when they were talking aobut the stripper.

I totally tuned out the dialogue. I've already rewatched the episode a million times and still don't know what it's about. tongue.gif
  • The band members from OK Go talk about their first speaking roles as themselves:

http://video.nbc.com/v/?linkId=55259
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Jan 13 2007, 09:05 AM)
    The band members from OK Go talk about their first speaking roles as themselves:

Thanks very much! They're all so funny, but especially Tim.
  • I'm surprised this show hasn't been cancelled yet.. (it's new, right?) But OK Go was great. That was incredible impressive.
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Jan 13 2007, 07:05 AM)
    The band members from OK Go talk about their first speaking roles as themselves:

Thankyouthankyou!

bahaha..I love Dan.. "I'm a creative guy"
  • ... I'm too lazy to quote everything that people have said. Anyway:

I agree with the notion that the scripters weren't particularly interested in the real attitude and personality of OK Go, therefore, that is why their parts didn't seem justifiable enough to us fans. Also, I just realized that the kissing scene between the two fighting friends was maybe purposefully mingled with the concept of 'Do What You Want'... This, now, makes me want to puke blood. <- And that even more...

I'm so glad that they chose to use other OK Go songs besides 'Here It Goes Again'. When the show started with that song I nearly screamed, thinking that was going to be the only song they thought was worth using in that show. But NAY, it was alright, they used even some lesser-known songs. The ending with the performance of 'Do What You Want' kind of bugged me though with Damians, "Woo!", and then the end. I don't know, I think it was a mixture of, "Aw. It's over." and a realization that he really didn't look all that "Woo!"ish at the statement anyways. Ugh, it just bugged me how they had to portray themselves is all...

BUT, all in all, I did enjoy watching OK Go act... as the boys say in that interview. 'Twas cute. Thanks for sharing. "I'm playing himself!" ... "YES YOU ARE TIM!"... That's hahlarious. And, it took me a second to get the smiles over Andy's "I lost $20 in the slot machines already." joke... But then it came to me. Shut up. "Does Mary meet her in.. line." Ha. XD
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Jan 12 2007, 11:57 PM)
    I do think the guys performance was the most realistic I've seen yet. Usually when they're on late night talkshows, Damian likes to strip the camera with his eyes, and tonight there wasn't a lot of that.

Ahhhhh, yes. happy.gif I believe that was what got me hooked.
    Ha ha, just kidding. It was the music. Really.

Um, is it just me, or did Damian and Andy have WAY more camera time than Dan and Tim? unsure.gif
  • QUOTE (starshaped @ Jan 13 2007, 01:22 PM)
    Ahhhhh, yes. happy.gif I believe that was what got me hooked.
    Ha ha, just kidding. It was the music. Really.

Um, is it just me, or did Damian and Andy have WAY more camera time than Dan and Tim? unsure.gif
    From what I've seen (not much...), yeah. It's because Damian and Andy are more young-looking and therefore more attractive to the general populus (or something). sleep.gif Sigh.

p.s. Damian's cute face in the Get Over It video is what made me curious, I'll admit. I am ashamed. But the music is what kept me. smile.gif