In this Discussion

Tim

Comments

• QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 29 2010, 02:05 PM)

Thanks for posting it!

Here are some photos of Tim from 25/01/2010 Cologne:
  • Haha, I hadn't noticed before that Tim's Laser Bass had a furry strap!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Feb 1 2010, 08:13 AM)
    Haha, I hadn't noticed before that Tim's Laser Bass had a furry strap!

It makes it all the more awesome, doesn't it?!
    BTW, that fur sheds pretty bad. I got some white fur strands as an unintentional souvenir from Design Miami.
  • QUOTE (snack_cakes @ Feb 1 2010, 08:11 PM)
    It makes it all the more awesome, doesn't it?!
    BTW, that fur sheds pretty bad. I got some white fur strands as an unintentional souvenir from Design Miami.

OOooooh, you were there?! SO jealous.
  • Another Timterview in which he turns into a bit of a fan-boy: “At one point, [Frank Black] even called me ‘Tim’.” He also reveals what video the Rube Goldberg Machine is for. If you don't wanna know, skip the last paragraph.

It's actually a really well penned article/interview.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Feb 5 2010, 03:01 PM)
    Another Timterview in which he turns into a bit of a fan-boy: “At one point, [Frank Black] even called me ‘Tim’.” He also reveals what video the Rube Goldberg Machine is for. If you don't wanna know, skip the last paragraph.

It's actually a really well penned article/interview.

"They use simple echoed-image technology to arresting effect in the kaleidoscopic music video for WTF?"

"use" Hee-hee.
  • QUOTE (Sunnyside1334 @ Feb 5 2010, 03:31 PM)
    "They use simple echoed-image technology to arresting effect in the kaleidoscopic music video for WTF?"

"use" Hee-hee.

What I meant to say was
    "They u t i l i z e simple echoed-image technology to arresting effect in the kaleidoscopic music video for WTF?"

"u t i l i z e" Hee-hee.
  • “Uncle Timmy, have you ever heard of this band Guns ‘n Roses?”

That was just plain ol' adorable!
  • I'm so unoriginal that I almost posted this new link with the exact same intro as last time. 

Nonetheless, it is now Timterview Time!

http://www.cwgmagazine.com/interviews/2010/03/ok-go-tim-nordwin-gives-us-the-scoop/

• Wow... just, wow.

Tim Nordwin?

Paracaduté?

More like Tim NordFAIL!

Nice Timterview though...

• Where is AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken? Its Tim time!

That is all…;)

AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken

• I'm pretty sure this hasn't been posted. The email interview has questions that no usual interviewer asks so its pretty unique which is awesome!

http://rispairka.exblog.jp/12862354/

1: What type of child were you of the childhood?Please describe yourself in short word.

Tim Nordwind:
    I was an incredibly shy child growing up.Around ten years old I got very interested in the theater and finally broke out of my shell becoming more social. However, I think to this day I feel more comfortable playing characters than being myself.When I am just myself, I become quite shy again.

This just made me aw soo much :)

And I liked question 8 ;)

• "Turn Around Bright Eyes," that's the mother of my grandson and one of my best friend's songs. They do a fantastic karokee duet to that song. That's their song. Bah, I miss them. Why'd they have to move?

• Haven't posted here in a while either.

From here.

• Tempe Arizona said:

"Turn Around Bright Eyes," that's the mother of my grandson and one of my best friend's songs. They do a fantastic karokee duet to that song. That's their song. Bah, I miss them. Why'd they have to move?

It's called "Total Eclipse of the Heart."  Oh Tim.  How do you not call a song by its correct name?

In other news, I found this a little earlier and it made me laugh.

"I made my way to the press area to wait for Tim Nordwind, the fellow hopping about the stage in a powder blue leisure suit and slapping the bass while thousands danced around him. I was ill-prepared. Still, I was confident that I would be able to make it up as I went and that a minor celebrity such as he would be no match for my wit.

I was wrong"

And then it links to this audio interview, which I haven't been able to listen to yet (at work) but here: http://thedependent.ca/wp-content/uploads/podpress/ok_go-tim_nordwind.mp3

The interviewer's full review of Sasquatch is here:http://thedependent.ca/featured/sasquatch-2010-festival-review/, if you're interested, but it doesn't have any more OK Go-related content.

• BUMP to wish the BAMF a happy birthday!

C'mon guys, it's Tim's birthday, let's send him our best.

I wonder if this means we'll see AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken anytime soon...

• Happy Birthday, Tim! You truly are a BAMF, especially when you wear lavender.
  • beckysioux said:Happy Birthday, Tim! You truly are a BAMF, especially when you wear lavender.

Dearest Tim, Happy Birthday!!!

(And you do wear lavender well, but I prefer you in pink.)

• I love this Timterview.  http://www.seemagazine.com/article/music/music-feature/give-it-another-go-4410/

That struggle is no more evident than in their second single “This Too Shall Pass” (the one with the Rube Goldberg machine video), in which frontman Damian Kulash pleads with us to let our troubles go. It makes you wonder whom they’re really talking to… the listener or themselves?
    “I would say no one in the band is very good at letting things go,” admits Nordwind. “It was a song written directly to us, as well as a few other people we know in this world. But that is one of life’s greatest tricks — having the ability to let something that is weighing on your brain go. None of us are very religious people in the traditional sense of the word, but this song is the closest we’ve ever written to a prayer.”