In this Discussion

Few Great OKGO articles

Comments

• Great interview!

"There are a lot of politicians and people in D.C. who should have been paying attention to New Orleans when they weren’t, so we’re happy to take their money and give it back here."

oh Damian cool.gif
  • QUOTE (Beasle @ Jan 29 2008, 07:29 AM)
    Great interview!

"There are a lot of politicians and people in D.C. who should have been paying attention to New Orleans when they weren’t, so we’re happy to take their money and give it back here."

oh Damian cool.gif

I am so glad that Offbeat is covering them, yeah it is a free magazine for NOLA residents but so so many more people get it across the country, and around the world so the message of both bands is getting out there to SO many people!! smile.gif

Great article boys!
  • Here's another article about the EP and benefit shows...nothing real new except they mention the Letterman performance will be 'A Million Ways'! smile.gif

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/Story.aspx?storyID=12754
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Feb 4 2008, 01:01 PM)

my heart just jumped. for me SA means South America and then I reckoned, "oh, no... that's South Africa" dry.gif

Thanks for posting this & other articles girls.
    Rosa smile.gif
  • Yet another article about You're Not Alone.

Excerpt: These concerts have attracted everyone from Senator Russ Feingold (D-CA) to members of Fugazi and raised thousands of dollars for Katrina relief.
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Feb 6 2008, 01:01 PM)

They played "This Will Be Our Year." Dammit. Please please please someone say there is a video somewhere of that performance.
  • ^ Ahhhh I hope there is!
  • OK everyone, get ready to remember why you love this band. This is seriously the best OK Go article I've read in a Loooong time:

http://www.chico.mweb.co.za/art/2008/2008feb/080208-ok.html
  • The Times-Picayune

411 Mania

OK Go Rock and Vote for Barack Obama

lol Great speech on getting people to vote...... In the words of Kulash, “don’t be a stupid fucker—vote!”
  • "To be fair, musicians aren't always the best people to comment on politics."

I must agree on this articles comment. The fellows are so misguided in their backing of Obama.
    I'm sure this will go over well on this board. dry.gif I love their music, not their politics.
  • QUOTE (gwenie @ Feb 8 2008, 08:39 AM)
    "To be fair, musicians aren't always the best people to comment on politics."

I must agree on this articles comment.

I'm sure that if the boys backed the same candidate as you, you wouldn't say that. However, the important thing, Gwenie, is that you vote. Because if you don't vote, you can't complain.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Feb 8 2008, 01:49 PM)
    I'm sure that if the boys backed the same candidate as you, you wouldn't say that. However, the important thing, Gwenie, is that you vote. Because if you don't vote, you can't complain.

I am a bit more aged than most of you on this board. Been voting for a long time, just happen to be on the other side of the fence on this one, even though there isn't much to shout about over here either.
  • QUOTE (gwenie @ Feb 8 2008, 09:08 AM)
    I am a bit more aged than most of you on this board. Been voting for a long time, just happen to be on the other side of the fence on this one, even though there isn't much to shout about over here either.

Do a little homework, Gwenie. We're not all teenagers here, okay? There are several adults here with college degrees, husbands, and families. And it doesn't matter how old you are, coming onto a board and insulting everyone on it in your 3rd post isn't necessarily a great way to ingratiate yourself with a community.

Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean they're not qualified to make a statement. I took offense to your remark not only as an Obama supporter, but also as a musician. Like I said, if the guys were supporters of your candidate of choice, you wouldn't cut down their ability to make a decision about who they support.
  • QUOTE (gwenie @ Feb 8 2008, 05:39 AM)
    "To be fair, musicians aren't always the best people to comment on politics."

Gee lets see they have opinions and sounds that come out of their mouths when they speak I think that makes them perfect candidates to comment on politics. You may not like what they say but that's what makes us all human. If everyone agreed on things then life would be pretty boring I think. Like DJ Rose said do not come over here just to make insults. Makes you look like a political advocate that Google's boards to plug a certain party or issue which if that's what you are doing you aren't doing a good job.
  • sooo musicians are just mindless idiots who play instruments and can't have an opinion about politics?

the world makes sense again! rolleyes.gif
  • I have to agree with you all about that comment- many many musicians are actively involved in politics. Just because they're musicians doesn't mean they can't know what's going on in the world, or make educated decisions about who to vote for.

That being said, I don't think we should attack Gwenie too much, just because she happens to disagree with us or with the band. She wasn't that mean about it in the first place.

And I wouldn't take the age comment as an insult, really- it's a common misconception biggrin.gif
    I mean, who would think that Ok Go would attract such an older, educated fan base?
    just because they make educated yet insanely catchy music that both teenagers and adults can relate to? rolleyes.gif

And, as a younger member of the boards, I feel the need to point out that youth doesn't necessarily mean ignorance, even when it comes to politics.
    I know most of you all understand this, but just in case smile.gif

in unrelated news:
    WOW there's a lot of Ok Go articles surfacing at once? I mean, it's lovely and all, but where'd it come from?