In this Discussion

Few Great OKGO articles

Comments

• ^^ I totally agree w/ Phantommilk. We all have opinions. No one here appears to be purposefully trying to insult another on political views. This is what I hate about politics. It tends to start fights. So let's just leave it at that.
  • ditto to phantommilk and Tempe. I do believe everyone is entitled to have a political opinion though... I mean, even I have an opinion regarding US politics; you know, largest nuclear arsenal in the world after all...trust me, it makes everyone else nervous rolleyes.gif

Rosa
  • Ladies, I completely agree that we are all entitled to an opinion. My objection was with her very obvious tone of disdain towards the people on the boards (which she implied were stupid because she was older), and the implication that simply because a person chose to make a living as a musician, that they couldn't possibly be intelligent enough to make informed decisions (a quote which she took out of context in the article to suit her needs). You'll note I didn't attack her party or anything else, only brought up objections with her words.
  • But Can You Dance To It?
    They are mentioned at the bottom part of this article.

EP to support New Orleans

• Treadmills to Trombones: OK Go Pays Homage on EP

This is a very good article. It's just too bad the writer misquoted some lyrics.

Specifically, lyrics like "Howl with laughter, panic alone in distress" capture that chaos.

• http://www.intro.de/magazin/musik/23046532

this article is in German, and I don't really have the time to translate right now, but basically it says that there's a change of video industry and they use OK Go as main example for this change. I don't think this article is well written to be honest, but one of the rare German OK Go articles.

OK Go, Rockband aus Chicago, verdanken ihren Musikvideos einen entscheidenden Teil ihrer Popularität. "A Million Ways", die erste Single des zweiten Albums von 2005, zeigt die Band beim Tanzen im Hinterhof. Das Budget für den Clip betrug der Legende nach unter zehn Dollar und ist ohne Wissen der Plattenfirma Capitol Records entstanden und veröffentlicht worden. Ein Jahr später wurde "A Million Ways" zum meist runtergeladensten Clip der Geschichte ernannt, mit über 90 Millionen Downloads. Die zweite Single "Here It Goes Again" zeigt die Band ähnlich choreografiert auf vier Laufbändern. Bis August 2007 wurde der Clip 27 Millionen Mal angeschaut und belegt den vierten Platz der YouTube-All-Time-Favourites. Der Clip wurde mit einem Grammy-Award ausgezeichnet.

"Das OK-Go-Video ist für mich die Blaupause für Musikvideos in der MySpace- und YouTube-Zeit. In diesen Foren wird eine neue Art von spielerischer Kreativität honoriert, die vorher die Ausnahme war. Toll ist natürlich auch, dass Bands hier demokratisch entdeckt werden und sich in diesen...

~ OK Go, Rockband from Chicago, have to thank their music videos for the essential part of their popularity. "A Million Ways", first single of the second album of 2005, shows the band dancing in the backyard. Legend has it hat the budget of this video was below 10 dollar and was done without the knowledge of the music company Capitol Records. A year after that the clip was most downloaded clip in history, with over 90 million downloads. Second Single "Here It Goes Again" shows the band again choreographed on four treadmills. (sorry, but that's wrong, isn't it?) Till August 2007 the clip was watched 27 million times and is on fourth place of you-tube-all-time-favourites. The clip was rewarded with a grammy. "The OK Go video is a blue print for music videos in times of myspace and youtube. In these forums a new form of playful creativity is honored, which has been an exception before. Another great aspect is that bands are discovered in a democratic way and...."

sorry, not the best and there are more little things about the video throughout the article, but nothing new...
  • ahahhahaha oh damian wink.gif
  • Okay, since I'm sort of new to Google Alerts, I'm very excited when my gmail inbox is flooded w/ them... I apologize if this has already been posted:

Treadmills to Trombones
    http://www.luminomagazine.com/mw/content/view/2359/1
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Feb 11 2008, 12:25 PM)

"OK Go's digital EP packs more story and life into five tracks than most thoughtless manufactured crap on the air these days. The album is about redemption and resurrection as much as a church sermon, but in the musical spirit of a city that almost lost both its music and its spirit. OK Go refuses to see that happen."

I love it smile.gif
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Feb 11 2008, 09:25 AM)
    Okay, since I'm sort of new to Google Alerts, I'm very excited when my gmail inbox is flooded w/ them.

I felt the same way when I first started using Google alerts.
  • http://media.www.quchronicle.com/media/sto...e-3204365.shtml

I love this article - it's THREE pages long! (And it's from Connecticut, HOLLA)
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Feb 25 2008, 07:28 PM)
    Cute little Andy gets a Birthday Mention here.
    Today's Birthdays: Guitarist Rusty Ross of OK Go is 29.

Hurray for AZ!
    How did I not realize all this time that Micky Dolenz and Rusty Ross have the same birthday? blink.gif
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Feb 25 2008, 09:28 PM)
    Cute little Andy gets a Birthday Mention here.
    Today's Birthdays: Guitarist Rusty Ross of OK Go is 29.

Boo sad.gif this brought up TODAYS date... I wanna see Andy's name in there! LoL

This is short, but sweet. I love praise of the new EP...

OK Go helps Katrina victims, offers free music...
  • K-ville concert ready for OK Go

Hecklergigs: Go! Team, Carling Academy, Oxford.

Poor little girl but Too Cute....

A small girl asks us when the main act is on. We tell her this is the main act. She tells us that it isn’t, because she’s seen a video of the main act dancing on treadmills and they don’t look like these people. We tell her that she’s thinking of OK Go. She tells us she just spent fifteen quid. We try to laugh with her, but as she isn’t laughing we are simply laughing at her. This seems to further add to her misery. She considers leaving but decides to give them a chance and by the end of the fourth song, by which time Ninja’s vocal has been repaired and the emergence of her nipples prove beyond doubt that she is indeed without bra, the small girl is dancing with the best of them.

• QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Mar 6 2008, 03:38 PM)

#1 "They'll get people hyped for the game," Sun said. "They are the type of band that is fun to listen to and likeable, but they are not amazing musicians."

WTF?

#2 The four-piece band consists of frontman Daminan Kulash, bassist Tim Nordwin, drummer Dan Konopka and keyboard/guitarist Rusty Ross.

Who are Daminan Kulash and Tim Nordwin? Any relation to Tom Norwood?

Ok, I'm done with bashing this article. I'm such a jerk sometimes. I guess I'm just a little annoyed with less than stellar journalism like getting the band members' names incorrect.
    However, I did like reading what Tim said since he's not the most oft quoted.
  • You're not the only one miffed by the article. dry.gif
  • This story is about last night's show: 'Here it goes again:' Crazies rev up for Duke-UNC

Kulash kept with the lively tone by climbing onto mega-speakers, and at one point he leaned out into the audience from the stage and supported himself with sophomore Adam Barron's hand, threatening to crowd surf.

"His hand was firm and warm and manly," Barron said.

Lucius Walker can kiss my butt.

Take your pick Two great concerts tonight: OK Go to the west and The Motet to the south

On Feb. 2, OK Go and Bonerama played their second benefit show at Washington D.C.'s 9:30 Club and that performance was streamed and Podcasted on National Public Radio.

I thought that it wasn't.

Seems Mr. Nordwind is the interviewee for this article. And a pretty good article it was.