In this Discussion

Few Great OKGO articles

Comments

• not really an article but this was in a Nickolodeon Magazine interview with this guy:

and this mention!
  • has this been posted before?

it's about the darfur benefit show at ucla, with many old pictures, short interview, but missing sideburns...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPBdkU15Ewo
  • http://blip.tv/file/964417

Wow, Andy, you look an awful lot like Damian!
  • Tim and The Hills bahahaha.
  • guilty pleasures! wub.gif

QUOTE (DJRose @ Jun 5 2008, 07:11 AM)
    Wow, Andy, you look an awful lot like Damian!

aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh I curse thee for making me believe I was about to see an Andy interview! laugh.gif
  • Did anyone else think including this picture at minute 1:00 was completely inappropriate for this video?
  • haha yes it's so ironic it's kind of funny. There's a lot of Andy D. in there too. Showin' the old school love.

Yes, Andy does look a lot like Damian...sounds like him too...
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Jun 5 2008, 12:35 PM)
    aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh I curse thee for making me believe I was about to see an Andy interview! laugh.gif

Sorry, I'm too much of a smartarse for my own good sometimes!
  • this is not exactly an article but I'm posting this here because I'm lazy

I've been reading stephanie meyer's romances latelly and I was awed to read the final acknowledgments in the last edited book "eclipse"

I am also grateful to all the other bands on my playlist
    who help me through the writer's block, and to my new discoveries,
    Ok Go, Gomez, Placebo, Blue October, and Jack's Mannequin.

HOW AWESOME IS THAT???????

ok go kinda inspired a book!!!!!!:lol:
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Jul 12 2008, 08:23 AM)
    this is not exactly an article but I'm posting this here because I'm lazy

I've been reading stephanie meyer's romances latelly and I was awed to read the final acknowledgments in the last edited book "eclipse"

HOW AWESOME IS THAT???????

ok go kinda inspired a book!!!!!!:lol:

Oh my gosh! That's awesome! I knew that she used one of their songs in her playlist for Eclipse, but I didn't see that before. Awesome!

Edit: I went and got my book to see for myself, just so I could squeal about it. And I glanced at the page, and I also see Tempe Arizona laugh.gif from "I'm so grateful for my hometown supporters at Changing Hands Bookstore in Tempe, Arizona..." which also makes me think of OK Go because of our own Tempe smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Jul 13 2008, 05:25 PM)
    Edit: I went and got my book to see for myself, just so I could squeal about it. And I glanced at the page, and I also see Tempe Arizona laugh.gif from "I'm so grateful for my hometown supporters at Changing Hands Bookstore in Tempe, Arizona..." which also makes me think of OK Go because of our own Tempe smile.gif

LOL, for a second I thought she really was talking about me! I met her at the last Ok Go show I went to. I took some pics for her.
    BTW, Changing Hands Bookstore rocks.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jul 13 2008, 08:44 PM)
    LOL, for a second I thought she really was talking about me! I met her at the last Ok Go show I went to. I took some pics for her.
    BTW, Changing Hands Bookstore rocks.

Wow! That's really awesome!! I'm jealous. I was excited about maybe going to her booksigning. But they were sold out in like an hour. And they were having technical problems, which is why we couldn't buy the tickets online, and when we tried to buy them over the phone, the lines were busy until we finally got in and they told us they were sold out sad.gif But that's really cool, Rose!
  • oh Rose i thought about you too!!!! when I saw that, but I just though that I was being silly and that the name was more famous than I thought it was so I didn't mention it wink.gif

you're so lucky!!!!She sounds like an awesome person (from all the interviews I've seen) and I'm soooooooooo adicted to her books laugh.gif they make me happy...(I just wish that there was an Edward out there for me rolleyes.gif )

Rebekker, were you thinkin "OMG OMG OMG OMG" for half an hour??I was so excited when I saw that ahah!

what are you looking for the most: the twilight movie or the breaking dawn book?? (I'm so thrilled that I'll be on NY on august 10th, on the airport actually, so i can buy the book yey!!!)
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Jul 15 2008, 07:01 PM)
    Rebekker, were you thinkin "OMG OMG OMG OMG" for half an hour??I was so excited when I saw that ahah!

what are you looking for the most: the twilight movie or the breaking dawn book?? (I'm so thrilled that I'll be on NY on august 10th, on the airport actually, so i can buy the book yey!!!)

Yeah, I was going crazy! I was telling all my friends about it, cuz they know I love OK Go, and they like them too and also read Twilight.
    I'm more excited for the book. I can't wait to read more and see what happens! I'm pretty excited for the movie too, though. But I'm really hoping that it doesn't suck. From what I saw from the preview and the one scene, I'm not completely sure how it's gonna turn out. I didn't really like the feel of the preview. It made it seem like their trying to make it like a scary movie. And I say trying cuz it's not scary, but it looks like their trying to make it that way. But I don't feel that it should be that way. It's more of a romance story with some dangerous and "scary-type" stuff thrown in. I don't know, I just hope it turns out better than what it looks like it's going to
  • yes i kinda felt that too, but I think they made that because of the weather in Forks, the set is really grey and shadowy but I think the story won't be like that..sometimes the preview is nothing like the movie and I have the sense that this is the case.

what do you think about Robert Pattinson playing Edward? i don't like the girl that much, I imagined Bella much more friendlly, she just looks too full of herself to play that character...
  • I hope it turns out different from the preview.
    I'm not completely sure about Robert Pattinson. There's some pictures that he looks really good in, and I'm like yeah. But there's a couple that aren't as good looking. Like the cover of Entertainment Weekly Magazine. His chest hair kinda bothers me. And he doesn't look too great. But there's a couple pictures in the magazine that he looks really good in. My friend doesn't think he's pale enough.

I imagined Bella a little differently, too. I think you described it really well. She just doesn't seem friendly enough.
    Oh, and just as I started typing this post, I hear "Kristen Stewart" and "Bella" coming from the tv in the room at the other end of the house. And I ran really fast through the house just in time to see a short little segment about Twilight on Entertainment Tonight
  • oooh I'm so exited I finallly have someone to share my thoughts in this!!! thank you rebekker!!
    Yeah i think Robert's just not pale enough for a vampire aswell and I've also noticed what you said, that he has some prespectives that he doesn't look good at all. but I think that's exactlly how Edward should look because he might be perfect but he's still a vampire and there are parts of Robert's face that really look vampire-ish, I've already noted that weird thing about him when I looked up and saw that he was playing Cedric. I think he's more suited to play Edward Cullen than Ceddric Diggory. And he DOES have a crooked smile tongue.gif

what do you think about the rest of the Cullens and Jacob? I think Jacob is just as I imagined...
  • I'm gonna go ahead and continue this in the new thread I just made in General Discussion, just so we don't flood this thread with Twilight tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Mar 28 2007, 10:31 PM)

Such an old post to reference, but I saw something online and I knew the name sounded familiar:

http://www.kreilinganddodd.com/

So what I want to know is: What did Damian make that's that's for sale in the store?