In this Discussion

Few Great OKGO articles

Comments

• QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Mar 28 2007, 10:31 PM)

I'm still stunned by this picture. They look so 19th century, here (but in a different way than the clashing-pattern suits and ties). They look like 19th-century Nevada: Dan looks like a blackjack dealer, Andy looks like a gentleman visiting from out of town, Tim looks like a French traveling-theatre impresario, and Damian just looks like a badass.

(I wish they would read this.)

I love that they have a Style, this band. I'm so proud.
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Mar 28 2007, 07:31 PM)

This actually reminded me of their 1st podcast where Damian talks about him visiting a gangster is a southern state. Its a very beautiful shot.
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Mar 31 2007, 12:14 AM)
    They look like 19th-century Nevada: Dan looks like a blackjack dealer, Andy looks like a gentleman visiting from out of town, Tim looks like a French traveling-theatre impresario, and Damian just looks like a badass.

That is so funny! I was trying to imagine what they were too. But for Damian, I thought he looked like a sweet-talking, heartbreaker, con artist.

Two out of three are in real life already. happy.gif
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Mar 31 2007, 04:06 AM)
    That is so funny! I was trying to imagine what they were too. But for Damian, I thought he looked like a sweet-talking, heartbreaker, con artist.

Two out of three are in real life already. happy.gif

You got that right! How about a badass, sweet-talking, heart-breaking con artist? Three out of four. wink.gif
    Thanks, 7stars.
  • Here are some articles I got earlier today but could not post it here because it was down.

NWHERALD

musicvideowire.com

detnews.com
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Mar 30 2007, 09:26 AM)
    Jim DeRogatis

From everything I've seen (and heard--he is or used to be on a show on WXRT) from this guy, he is a dick in general. I find it ironic that he's accused OK Go of smugness, as he wrote the book.
  • Cape Breton Post

I like what he says re: the Beatles.

Also find it funny that it says the band are hula-hooping, pogo-sticking, etc., in the DWYW vid.

And "keyboardist AndyRoss" is amusing, though probably not for him.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 7 2007, 11:47 AM)
    Cape Breton Post
    I like what he says re: the Beatles.
    Also find it funny that it says the band are hula-hooping, pogo-sticking, etc., in the DWYW vid.
    And "keyboardist AndyRoss" is amusing, though probably not for him.

Ditto all that, esp the Beatles reference. Very cool. Thanks for finding and posting this!
  • The energetic and quirky band...

Let me know if you are getting tired of these articles lol.
  • hot damn, those pics are awesome! Roachie has kind of a gambling problem though, so they should be encouraging it.
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Apr 10 2007, 09:55 PM)
    The energetic and quirky band...
    Let me know if you are getting tired of these articles lol.

ohmy.gif Never Adrienne! I dont DO coffee in the morning. Instead I DO ok go articles. tongue.gif
  • OK I will keep posting them when get them. Friday, Saturday and maybe Sunday I will be gone though going to Pepperdine of course and Universal Studios with the kidos the rest of the weekend.
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Apr 12 2007, 01:29 AM)
    I will be gone though going to Pepperdine of course and Universal Studios with the kidos the rest of the weekend.

that sounds like so much fun!
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Apr 11 2007, 06:29 PM)
    OK I will keep posting them when get them. Friday, Saturday and maybe Sunday I will be gone though going to Pepperdine of course and Universal Studios with the kidos the rest of the weekend.

can I come too? unsure.gif
  • Sure the more the merrier!!
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Apr 12 2007, 07:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=108967

From that article:
    Every band let it all hang out, including OK GO bassist Tim Nordwind, who did a striptease backstage that was broadcast on the big screen - loved the cape and the gold underpants.

WHAT!??