In this Discussion

Few Great OKGO articles

Comments

• ^^ This makes me deliriously happy and I have no idea why. Probably because they're FINALLY GOING TO MAKE IT DOWN HERE! WOO HOO! Yayness!

But at the same time I feel sorry for them. Damian can't remember the last time he was home? sad.gif
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Jul 7 2007, 07:47 AM)
    Damian talks to an Australian reporter:

http://adnauseam.podbean.com/2007/07/07/okgo/

"We’re very excited to get to Austr-yaah" kids Damian "I want to lie on the beach until my fat ass gets nice and brown." When I suggest that it might in fact go red, he proceeds to explode in laughter. "Nah man, we're Americans, the only thing red here is our necks."

laugh.gif

That made me extremely happy as well, and I'm not even from Australia! A fun interview, thanks for posting.

He can't remember the last time he was home? unsure.gif Poor guys! There's just a couple months left, though... YOU CAN DO IT! I hope they take a long break before going to the studio... they certainly deserve it.
  • There's an online magazine that has an article about them from May 22, 2007 in Issue #4. Not really an interview though; it's really more of a concert review with a nice looking layout.

http://www.fazer.ca/downloads
  • “We have an entire DVDs worth of material of us making complete and utter asses of ourselves.”

Well guys, where is this dvd, huh? Want to make money for your next tour? Mass-produce that dvd and spread it around like wildfire.

Seriously...if millions upon millions of people loved the music video that was mere minutes long, think about 90+ minutes of you four being scraped, dented, bruised, and torn on those eight treadmills. The people who came out to see just Snow Patrol/Fray will come back for the real talent.
  • I was really happy to find this

Rave magazine

"There is a loud and obnoxious section of the world who subscribe to the Shut Up And Sing theory which is that you shouldn’t have an opinion unless it’s your job to have one. That politicians should be politicians and everyone else should shut the fuck up. That theory holds so little weight that if there’s any backlash, then fuck them."

Nicely put.
  • ^^^^ OMG this is sooo exciting!!! omg!!! ahahaha i'm going crazy! i don't think it's healthy!

When i got home today my mum had put a little article on them from the Sunday Magazine on my bed. It's very small but i still squealed when i saw it! They did a huge Top 100 list and OK Go were listed as about 4th in the music section!!! I might try and scan it...

edit: I did try and scan it!!
    it's not much but it made me extremely happy biggrin.gif

I can't believe how soon it is!!!

QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Jul 7 2007, 09:47 PM)
    Damian talks to an Australian reporter:

http://adnauseam.podbean.com/2007/07/07/okgo/

"We’re very excited to get to Austr-yaah" kids Damian "I want to lie on the beach until my fat ass gets nice and brown." When I suggest that it might in fact go red, he proceeds to explode in laughter. "Nah man, we're Americans, the only thing red here is our necks."

^^ haha oh he is so going to put on an aussie accent!!! YES! can't wait to actually hear it!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jul 26 2007, 08:26 AM)

laugh.gif "I want to see everything that has a pouch."
    "I want to see everything that has a pouch."

I love Tim. I know, my obsession for Mr. Tim, Whom I Adore, is getting kinda creepy, but I feel as if this cannot be stated enough.
  • Ooo i would love to show Tim everything that has a pouch!!! I stayed at the Zoo once and helped out the zookeepers, i could be OK Go's zoo guide!!!
    I live near Kangaroos too!!
    That article was in the paper this morning!!! biggrin.gif

haha oh my, this is getting seriously exciting!! only one week!!!!!!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jul 4 2007, 12:56 PM)
    Seriously!! That made my day too!!!!

I got a kick out of seeing Andy and Tim answer some of those "same old questions". Good job, Plainview/Old Bethpage 6th graders!!!

Poo, did anyone copy & save this? It's ungettable now.

Dangit, you miss stuff when you try to have a life. laugh.gif

*Edit (add-on): I just came across this--sorry if it was posted back when it was, you know, current, lol:
    David Ewing Duncan, in his essay Down With Happiness [Wired magazine 04.24.07] writes that Thomas Jefferson "famously proclaimed a universal right to the pursuit of happiness. The key word there is pursuit. Jefferson thought that people ought to be free to chase after happiness; whether they attained it was their own business."

As Duncan notes, feeling good comes in a myriad of forms: "free-floating rapture, blissed-out contentment, ecstatic partying... as a species, we generally keep these experiences in check. After all, the ways to induce them — alcohol, drugs, OK Go concerts — have historically come at a high cost."

! laugh.gif It's from here.
  • I am so so so so bored

Tsunami Mag

Tim!

Then they will finally head into the studio to work on the next album, with fans aware to expect the unexpected.

"We have started writing material," Nordwind said.

"The nice thing about the success of Oh No is I think people more or less expect us to do something weird and different.

"So I think we're allowed to make as many left turns as we want."

How exciting!

Gig Review

Check out that pic of Tim! Yay!
    Guys, you might also want to steal Damian Kulash’s bit where he takes off his jacket and says, “That’s all you get bitches.”

Bah. Darn him and his knowledge of how the world is ridiculously struck with his beauty.
  • Thanks for those.

I like what Damian says in the first one about small v. bigger shows. Good Tim article. And in the review, love Damian: “That’s all you get, bitches.” Ha laugh.gif And I assume "stonking" is a good thing.
  • Another one with Tim! I love Tim!

Yay!

And I assume "stonking" is a good thing.

Your guess would be as good as mine Sheri! I have never heard of that word and pray to God that it never enters into our Australian vernacular. It's embarassing enough as it is already!

Edit: Wow, that's embarassing! Well, I fixed it up!
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ Aug 8 2007, 09:53 AM)
    Another one with Tim! I love Tim!

Yay!

Iddinat the same one?

I have never heard of that world and pray to God that it never enters into our Australian vernacular. It's embarassing enough as it is already!
    I kinda like it. Ha!
  • Ara Anderson, former OK Go horn man
    Boston Globe
  • Sorry if this has been posted before.

http://music.ign.com/articles/651/651465p1.html

edit: oh snap I think it has...well its a great interview and it's 3 pages!
  • Konopka: Some of the songs on that game are… it kinda feels like they're jacked up. They speed up the songs so you get this incredible adrenaline rush.

hah that is soo true!
  • QUOTE (AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken @ Sep 2 2007, 04:20 PM)
    Konopka: Some of the songs on that game are… it kinda feels like they're jacked up. They speed up the songs so you get this incredible adrenaline rush.

hah that is soo true!

That is totally true. I used to be really obsessed with SSX too. I would play it all the time but I wasnt that amazing so I had my brother unlock all the levels I couldnt haha.