In this Discussion

April 13th - Pepperdine - Share your concert experience

Comments

• QUOTE (keaton @ Apr 15 2007, 08:51 PM)
    Back on topic (sort of). Why does everyone avoid Dan's fiance? She's quite wonderful in her own right, I believe. When I met OK Go in Las Vegas on NYE, I was standing next to her at the time Damian and Dan asked me if I wanted my picture taken with the band. There was some confusion about who I was going to stand next to. I had no idea who she was but she was laughing and approachable, so I just reached over and put my arm around her and said "I'll take my picture with you...who are you?" and she laughed some more and pointed at Dan and said "I'm Dan's fiance."

Respect her space, sure, but she seems quite grounded and human. smile.gif I think she can take a few hellos from fans in stride.

I agree she is really nice. She doesnt seem bothered by okgo fans at all.

Here is a pic of Tabatha showing Tim her okgo tatoo...

• ^^^ That's a good photo!! But you know, she's showing Tim more than just her OK Go tatoo... laugh.gif
  • Agreed, Mia.

Tabatha: looks like you're the saucy one.... wink.gif
  • You told him he was arrogant?! laugh.gif Do you like personally know him or something? I gotta hear that story.

--- littleroom

QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 15 2007, 11:19 AM)
    Awww it's great that you had such a good time smile.gif

I totally agree with you about the eyes thing. I called him arrogant last time I saw him and he looked at me sly-ly down and sideways (if that makes any sense at all...), sort of like "what a bitch" but brilliantly. And it was rather gorgeous. Argh don't get me started!!
  • QUOTE (mumblo @ Apr 15 2007, 03:59 PM)
    No problem. He obviously meant for you to have it; he looked right at you when he threw it! I don't know why that security guard wouldn't just hand it to you. There was no way I was going to let anyone else get it, either. My shoes would've come off and I would've thrown down! Kidding! I pretend to be very mad.gif , but I'm really very unsure.gif
    Again, no problem. It was fun, and I was glad to do it. I just can't believe that some people turned them down! Fools, I tell you.

BTW, I think that's so awesome that the Cavil at Rest guy was looking out for you. I really liked those guys.

Haha, Melinda kicking the security guard's ass. I would've paid more than the $20 for the ticket to see that. I thought it was quite ridiculous that it took him like 3 times before he finally got it like a foot behind the barrier. Lame.

And wow that is a sweeeet picture of Tim and Tabatha. I didn't realize you guys actually met them beforehand. Very cool. Exactly the reason why I wanted to get there earlier... I'm going to kill my brother for wanting to come later. Sighhhh. I'll forgive him...with time..

BTW, check out this video of Tim (my brother) handing out stickers. We have to submit that with our concert recap for Capitol Records, but I just wanted to share it because one of the Caviliers (street team for Cavil at Rest) had been jokingly bagging on us Capitol Street Teamers the whole night. At the end, he finally gave in and took a sticker. Yes, the power of OK Go.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCrMVT89JV8
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ Apr 15 2007, 09:25 PM)
    ^^^ That's a good photo!! But you know, she's showing Tim more than just her OK Go tatoo... laugh.gif

Haha, shush! It was caught from a bad angle!

BTW Adrienne, I love that picture! *saves*
  • QUOTE (littleroom @ Apr 16 2007, 05:34 AM)
    You told him he was arrogant?! laugh.gif Do you like personally know him or something? I gotta hear that story.

--- littleroom

Haha I wish!

Nah, I had made badges of each of their faces and asked Damian to sign his and he went "Oh my god I look like such a twat..." and did an impression of himself looking down at someone like they were dirt. So I went "yeah... you're pretty arrogant." and smiled at him, then he gave me the sideways look and I said "But arrogance is hot, so it's alright." And he grinned and said "well as long as you like it.." and signed the badge.

I had to joke around with him to stop myself from going squirmy lol tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Apr 16 2007, 05:17 AM)

That's so cool, Tabatha!
    And I want Tim's red checkered shirt...
  • QUOTE (keaton @ Apr 16 2007, 05:51 AM)
    Back on topic (sort of). Why does everyone avoid Dan's fiance? She's quite wonderful in her own right, I believe. When I met OK Go in Las Vegas on NYE, I was standing next to her at the time Damian and Dan asked me if I wanted my picture taken with the band. There was some confusion about who I was going to stand next to. I had no idea who she was but she was laughing and approachable, so I just reached over and put my arm around her and said "I'll take my picture with you...who are you?" and she laughed some more and pointed at Dan and said "I'm Dan's fiance."

I don't know, but she is super-sweet. We talked to her in Hamburg. We didn't know "who she was" until the end much afterwards. But yea, she's as sweet as Dan, maybe moreso. She was very fan-friendly, very supportive of OK Go and band-fan relations. She's also drop-dead gorgeous :-)
  • OOOH HOW COOL TABATHA! Wow, man, you lucky girl. HARDCORE. Haha! I'll get a (henna) tattoo as a tramp stamp smile.gif

Sigh, everybody's so cool smile.gif
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Apr 16 2007, 11:48 AM)
    I'll get a (henna) tattoo as a tramp stamp smile.gif

On your inner thigh, right?
  • lol, oh there too! remember a tramp stamp is a tattoo on a woman's lower back. 'na mean? smile.gif
  • Barbara, you're throwing out all this lingo like CB and tramp stamp. It makes me feel old that I didn't know what these meant until you defined them. Haha.
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Apr 16 2007, 01:35 PM)
    lol, oh there too! remember a tramp stamp is a tattoo on a woman's lower back. 'na mean? smile.gif

Aha, I see. You have schooled the teacher!
  • QUOTE (keaton @ Apr 15 2007, 10:51 PM)
    Wildly off topic, since I'm part Danish - (my Danish grandfather came to America because he'd been smuggling Jews/POWs out and the evil AXIS got wise to him, so he figured he'd better leave) - the Danish national symbol is "The Little Mermaid" from the story by Hans Christian Andersen. There's a statue of her in the Copenhagen harbor.

I salute your grandfather (and you). Awesome and amazing. There's nothing more admirable than that sort of pure and simple courage. I'm glad he got out.

QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Apr 15 2007, 11:17 PM)
    What a great pic! So cool that you've got this souvenir of the moment now, Tabatha.

QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 16 2007, 10:12 AM)
    "Oh my god I look like such a twat..."
    Damian called himself a "twat"!! LOL Okay, now I need to ask you something--did he pronounce it with an "ah" sound like the word "hot"? Or did he say it like the word "at"? Because I know someone who pronounces it like "at" and it fucking drives me nuts (well, it used to--she and I don't talk anymore). I don't know why she said it that way--she's the only human being I've ever heard pronounce it that way, and I think maybe she thought she was Americanizing it, like "at" would be the American equivalent pronunciation ... I don't know. But anyway, if you tell me he said it like "at," I may bang my head on my computer.
  • twat with a long "a" sound is the grossest thing I've heard today. yeah, it's twat with a short "a" sound. if you see your friend, call her a twAAt and then punch her in the face smile.gif

damian is the master of the english language! he wouldn't pronounce it wrong. right??
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 17 2007, 01:49 AM)
    Damian called himself a "twat"!! LOL Okay, now I need to ask you something--did he pronounce it with an "ah" sound like the word "hot"? Or did he say it like the word "at"? Because I know someone who pronounces it like "at" and it fucking drives me nuts (well, it used to--she and I don't talk anymore). I don't know why she said it that way--she's the only human being I've ever heard pronounce it that way, and I think maybe she thought she was Americanizing it, like "at" would be the American equivalent pronunciation ... I don't know. But anyway, if you tell me he said it like "at," I may bang my head on my computer.

Hmmm... OK, I can't be one hundred percent sure as it was a couple of months ago, and I'm also trying to sound it out in an american accent myself coz we say "hot" and "at" slightly differently to you... (im getting odd looks...)

but he definitely didn't say it like "at". I would have remembered that distinctly because that would sound totally weird in his accent. I think the 'a' was softer, emphasis on the 'T's. But not quite like the word "hot'.

Ahhh I've confused myself!!! If it helps, Sheri, it wasn't like "at". But I can't remember exactly. I'm sorry sad.gif
    *hangs head in shame*
  • OK I have some pictures from Pepperdine up just Cavil at Rests right now. Photobucket IM working on OKGo's next and then Augustana's.
  • oooohhhh. Thanks for those Adrienne!! Did you do any photoshoots with them?

And what's going on here?? laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ Apr 17 2007, 01:08 PM)
    oooohhhh. Thanks for those Adrienne!! Did you do any photoshoots with them?

And what's going on here?? laugh.gif

I love that picture. Thats Kelcey running in circles on the grass. The photos I did of them where just the in sound check, concert footage and of them hanging out.