In this Discussion

April 13th - Pepperdine - Share your concert experience

Comments

• QUOTE (Tabetha @ Apr 19 2007, 06:51 PM)
    omg, Adrienne, your photos are so awesome! You have a lot of talent as a photographer! Are you a professional? Your photos are really amazing!

No not a pro just a hobby. I use to do concert photos for a local night club thats where I got a lot of practice but that was back in the day of film. I stopped doing it for a long time because it was too expensive. IM glad you like my pictures I wish that all concerts allowed cameras so we can see more pics of musical artists.
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Apr 19 2007, 07:34 PM)
    No not a pro just a hobby. I use to do concert photos for a local night club thats where I got a lot of practice but that was back in the day of film. I stopped doing it for a long time because it was too expensive. IM glad you like my pictures I wish that all concerts allowed cameras so we can see more pics of musical artists.

Well you're very good at your hobby!
  • QUOTE (tiredofkim @ Apr 18 2007, 12:40 AM)
    Hi Natalie! It was so nice to see you and Tim again! I love these pictures! That one of Barbara, Willa, Angela & Tabatha is so cute! If only we could photoshop you and Tim in there it would be perfect! OMG, I can't stop using exclamation points! Someone please stop me!

Barbara and Willa, it was so nice to meet both of you. Barbara, you made me laugh way too hard! And Willa, it was a pleasure. I really wish you well in your search for a college. I hope to have an opportunity to see you two at another show when the new album comes out.

This is a little bit of a delayed reply but... it was nice seeing you and Melinda again too! Hopefully we'll see each other again soon. I think we'll have to photoshop all four us into that picture to make it perfect. tongue.gif And yay exclamation points are fun!!!!!!!!
  • I also took some videos of the sound check too if anyone is interested. The ones I took of the concert came out bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jia7vo-SOQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EOOrbAP4c4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtHhhpunqHI
  • How sexy! I wish I could drive in the air, past the fucking insane traffic of LA and PCH, and be on time for the soundcheck sad.gif It's always neat to see the guys in the elements, roughing it out smile.gif
  • Hey guys! I was the taller beardless photographer (not sure if that makes me the cute one or not wink.gif )

I'm glad you guys liked the photos I took! If you haven't discovered already, you can download any of the photos at their original high-res (8-10 MP) from my website as well... what's the fun in photos if you can get the uber-res version?

It was great to meet a few of you, and a blast to finally hear Ok Go in concert -- I first heard them on a college station back in Boston in 2002. Fantastic set, and the I don't know about you guys, but I've had Don't Bring Me Down stuck in my head for the better part of the past week!

Thanks for all your comments on my site as well -- I think you have single-handedly generated over 16,000 hits for the Ok Go photo album alone!

John

PS: I tried to catch a few of you in this shot... how did I do?
  • How awesome of you. What's your website addy?

--- littleroom

QUOTE (jtocci @ Apr 20 2007, 02:10 AM)
    Hey guys! I was the taller beardless photographer (not sure if that makes me the cute one or not wink.gif )

I'm glad you guys liked the photos I took! If you haven't discovered already, you can download any of the photos at their original high-res (8-10 MP) from my website as well... what's the fun in photos if you can get the uber-res version?

It was great to meet a few of you, and a blast to finally hear Ok Go in concert -- I first heard them on a college station back in Boston in 2002. Fantastic set, and the I don't know about you guys, but I've had Don't Bring Me Down stuck in my head for the better part of the past week!

Thanks for all your comments on my site as well -- I think you have single-handedly generated over 16,000 hits for the Ok Go photo album alone!
    John

• jtocci- I like your pictures they are really cool. You missed me in that shot above but thats ok you got Tims butt lol. I was the blonde in the front row with my two kids and taking pictures.
  • QUOTE (jtocci @ Apr 20 2007, 01:10 AM)
    Hey guys! I was the taller beardless photographer (not sure if that makes me the cute one or not wink.gif )

John

Fantastic butt shot of Tim! Oh and you also get an A+ for getting me right in the front row in the middle!! And your other photos of the show were great as well. Thanks!

-Mia.
  • QUOTE (Angela87 @ Apr 20 2007, 01:47 AM)
    I also took some videos of the sound check too if anyone is interested. The ones I took of the concert came out bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jia7vo-SOQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EOOrbAP4c4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtHhhpunqHI
    ohmy.gif They did What To Do on the lawn?! No fair.
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Apr 20 2007, 10:11 AM)
    ohmy.gif They did What To Do on the lawn?! No fair.

It was great. All acoustic I loved it.
  • biggrin.gif
    QUOTE (jtocci @ Apr 20 2007, 02:10 AM)

John

Oh, um, actually, I meant the other photographer....... yeah... biggrin.gif

Great shot! Aw, but I just got cut off sad.gif What a night, though!

It's only been 7 days since the concert; didn't it feel like a month ago?! I'm experiencing OK Go withdrawals again *twitches*
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Apr 20 2007, 11:26 AM)
    It's only been 7 days since the concert; didn't it feel like a month ago?! I'm experiencing OK Go withdrawals again *twitches*

Me, too! Wednesday was the worst for me; I think I'm in the healing process now. I was totally reminded of Willa's newspaper article!! I wanted to tell her that I was in Phase 4... does she post here?
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Apr 19 2007, 10:59 PM)
    How sexy! I wish I could drive in the air, past the fucking insane traffic of LA and PCH, and be on time for the soundcheck sad.gif It's always neat to see the guys in the elements, roughing it out smile.gif

Seriously, damn that insane traffic. Took like 2 hrs from Orange County to Pepperdine and apparently my brother and I missed the soundcheck by like half an hour. Sigh.

QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Apr 20 2007, 11:26 AM)

I'm really going through withdrawals too, especially since I have no idea when the next time I'll be seeing them again and that's really bugging me. All day today I've been thinking "I wish it was last Friday..." Muuusstttt haaavvve OK GOOOOOOO.

Oh yeah, hopefully I'll have my pictures uploaded by the end of this weekend, but who knows seeing that I really should start studying for the midterm and working on the paper I have due next week.
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Apr 18 2007, 10:20 PM)
    And what's going on in this picture. Did my poor little Andy get hurt? Was he begging for his life? It looks like the other guys are laughing at him sad.gif

unsure.gif
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Apr 20 2007, 03:59 PM)
    unsure.gif

He was overcome with grief when he found out you weren't going to be there, Lety!!! tongue.gif Naw, he's just melting some faces with his guitar solo. That's how he rolls.
  • QUOTE (mumblo @ Apr 20 2007, 04:05 PM)
    He was overcome with grief when he found out you weren't going to be there, Lety!!! tongue.gif Naw, he's just melting some faces with his guitar solo. That's how he rolls.

Oh no! Don't you dare tell me that your first sentence isn't true. You know it is! tongue.gif

Aw! *pouts* I want him to roll his way over here!
  • Here's a video of Kelcey (Cavil at Rest) doing cartwheels to "Invincible" during the concert. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anfsYHX0HaM
  • QUOTE (littleroom @ Apr 20 2007, 07:00 AM)
    How awesome of you. What's your website addy?

--- littleroom

You can hit my website at http://www.johntocci.com

QUOTE (rocksugar @ Apr 20 2007, 10:01 AM)
    Fantastic butt shot of Tim! Oh and you also get an A+ for getting me right in the front row in the middle!! And your other photos of the show were great as well. Thanks!

-Mia.

Glad you liked them -- you guys definitely made things way more fun!

QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Apr 20 2007, 11:26 AM)
    biggrin.gif
    Oh, um, actually, I meant the other photographer....... yeah... biggrin.gif

Great shot! Aw, but I just got cut off sad.gif What a night, though!

I'm sure you meant the other guy... Tyler's always getting the chicks! Ok Go was great -- they're actually going to my little bro's college in Cleveland soon, so I'm getting him pumped up too!

Keep on rockin' the free world guys!

John

PS: I met Tim after the show!
  • Yay! I'm glad you're spreading the OK Go love. And, oooh, I'm so jealous you got to see them after the show! The perks of being a photographer, I guess dry.gif