In this Discussion

Ok Go avas and sigs

Comments

• I've been making some stuff b/f school starts back. Actually, what I really intended to do was making a Tim banner b/c I haven't made one of him in a while, but I can't find any good close up shots of him. I've been looking thru youtube and can't find one, so if anyone can find one, please help.

So here's a few I made so far. They're not quite done but I got lazy. Anyhow, hope they amuse.

• http://youtube.com/watch?v=QItbHdBS6Rs
    heres a pretty close up sot but you can't really see him playing
  • mmmm sally. i love the andy one. a lot. but i don't think i can BEAR to part with the one you've already provided me with wink.gif

edit: p.s what song are they playing? it looks like andy's doing something from invincible... haha
  • GAH! Tabetha, I ADORE the dan one..grrrr. I wish I was skilled.
  • Katie, Damian and Andy are playing Return.
    Dan is playing Good Idea.
    Actually, all the footage I used is from my first concert, filmed by Jackie.
    Christy, that actually looks pretty useable, I think, thx. I'll work on it! If you find any others with him playing, that'd be awesome.
    Thx, Punkwhite! Feel free to use any if you like.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=proGUtVVKsg

Was going to post this in the Andy thread cause Andy is jiving so cutely. But I posted it here instead cause there's some good Tim footage for you to use, Gidget
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 25 2007, 06:39 AM)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=proGUtVVKsg

Was going to post this in the Andy thread cause Andy is jiving so cutely. But I posted it here instead cause there's some good Tim footage for you to use, Gidget

Omg that has really good footage of Tim. Hes so cute when he dances it brings me to a biggg smile.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 25 2007, 04:39 AM)

tempe... i know EXACTLY which video this is, because angie and i sometimes dance like this at the bar... smile.gif and i'm in love with it.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Nov 25 2007, 04:39 AM)

This is awesome, Tempe. Thx! It's a very good shot of his playing and he has his trademark Tim expression. I'm gonna try to work with this and another one Christy sent me, but if anyone finds more good Tim footage, please post them, because it's really hard to find good ones. I know for my footage by Jackie, she tends to be over by Andy's side so most of her footage is excellent Andy shots. And a lot of people who upload to youtube tend to sit in the middle and have Damian shots. To get a good Tim shot, you need to be sitting on his side and I guess just by the nature of how well most people can shoot, most youtube vids are middle views. So it's really hard to find the perfect Tim shot. Good Dan shots are even rarer than that, since of course Dan's in the back, so thx to Jackie's skill there was this one, but if anyone finds more good Dan footage, please post that too.

All of this reminds me of how much our OK Go photos and vids are by fans. I used to like another band who had a lot of photos and they were all posed photoshoots. I really love the fact that OK Go isn't like that- that they really haven't had a photoshoot other than the CD cover one. It means that unlike the band I used to admire, OK Go cares more about the music and being musicians than being models or celebrities. And yet, there are tons of vids and photos of them- and that's because of their fans. So while it does make it harder to find good shots, it makes it better.
  • ^^ I actually wrote a paper for English about how OK Go cares more about the music than the fame and everything else. People don't understand what's so great about OK Go. But seriously, what isn't great about them?

i don't know why people don't understand...
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Dec 12 2007, 09:19 AM)

i don't know why people don't understand...

Word.
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Nov 25 2007, 02:04 PM)
    ^^ I actually wrote a paper for English about how OK Go cares more about the music than the fame and everything else. People don't understand what's so great about OK Go. But seriously, what isn't great about them?

I love that as fans we are always on the hunt for new goodies/information about them, it makes things way more fun...and you're right...people just don't get it smile.gif Haha I hope one of these times I have to write a silly paper I can justify OK Go as being a good topic...I think that would be the one and only paper I would ever enjoy writing.
  • QUOTE (Beasle @ Dec 12 2007, 11:00 PM)
    I love that as fans we are always on the hunt for new goodies/information about them, it makes things way more fun...and you're right...people just don't get it smile.gif Haha I hope one of these times I have to write a silly paper I can justify OK Go as being a good topic...I think that would be the one and only paper I would ever enjoy writing.

LOL, you know, I think that if I wrote a paper about OK Go it would ruin OK Go for me.
  • oh i'd love to write a paper on OK Go... and i am always so tempted to ask my professor in linguistics what he thinks about use and u.tilize (thanks Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore...)... he'd probably would not stop talking for half an hour and he kinda forgets what he really talks about and i am far too tired for that kind of conversation, haha

edit: aaahhh elementary school!!!!
  • YKYOW you just have to laugh when Webster's dictionary lists "use" as a synonym for u.tilize.
    you label your English section in your hw folder as "u.tilize"
  • This animation is cut from a fan vid of them. Tim looks very pretty here, I must say.

And this is from GOI:
  • christy will love those smile.gif
  • Haha I LOVE the second one smile.gif
  • OH MY FREAKING GOD!!!!!!!!!!! CAN I USE BOTH!!! I CANT DECIDE WHICH ONE I LIKE BEST THEY ARE BOTH SOOO GORGEOUSLY DONE!!