In this Discussion

Paolo Nutini

Comments

• I know! Plus, who would admit something like that? And go so far as to say who it was with? OMG. That's totally disrespectful to the girl.

Oh Paolo, at least your music's catchy.
  • i just don't want to make a huge deal about this...it's just something else weird he did in his past, but still weird...like i'm 16 ohmy.gif hahah

wait so it was with his girlfriend now?
  • Yep, it was.

But people can change in four years I guess......

Ah, I don't want to keep talking about this. End discussion now?

Oh wait, Vinnie might want to talk about it and Electra might want to have herself a laugh.

After that we end discussion.

PLEMO.

Oh and
    PAOLO PAOLO PAOLO.
  • Plemorific
  • I totally agree.
  • I know I should let it drop, however, I've never been a smart one when it comes to knowing when to end a conversation, so I'll continue.

Note before I begin: I'm playing devil's advocate here. Everyone is entitled to their own views when it comes to sex and I'm really not trying to discount your views at all. It's just plain ol' curisoity on my own part.

Alright, after that stipulation, if he had sex when he was 16 with a girl with whom he is currently in a relationship, doesn't that actually a rather good mark for him? He didn't have unprotected sex with her at 16, leave her, ignore her, or likewise (maybe he did, I don't know what he said. I'm just assuming).

(I'm making a very simple conversation into a completly different discussion, aren't I?) I've always felt that sex isn't as big a deal as everyone makes it out to be, certainly it's something that's special and between two people, but it's just sex. As long as he was 1) using protection and 2) cared about her, I really don't see what the big deal is.

Unless of course this whole argument is about how you had a certain view about him and you're suprosed because this comment is out-of-line with how you viewed him, then I apologize for making the discussion into something completely different.
  • You have a really good point. Yes, it is a good mark for him that he, for example, used protection, that he didn't leave her, etc.

But my view is, it's still somewhat of an early age to do that. I'm not saying he should be married before he does that kind of thing, but it's still a bit young. And, he broke up with her (now they're back together) but wanted his "last request" granted before they went their separate ways. So in a sense he did leave her, even though now they're once again going out - what's more, wanting a "goodbye present." (That doesn't sound to me like very much respect for a woman, but seeing as it's what she wanted too, he probably did respect her.)

However, you're right. It's better to view the glass half full.
  • it's true, I don't know the whole story and, though I would like to think better, I know that many guys, especially at the age of 16, are a little bit blinded by hormones than to consider feelings.

It is a young age. I'm a little biased because I have friends who have had sex at 16 (I waited a bit longer, so I can't speak from experience, only second-hand). But then again, they're girls and no matter their view of sex, girls seem to biologically behave differently to sex than boys (no offense to guys out there, but I don't think we become as muddled by hormones).

Wanting a "goodbye present" is a little irresponsible, but I looked at the article and it seemed like they were having sex for a while before, that it was one last time together. Honestly, I think I would understand that. Then again, I'm 19, not 16.

You make a very valid point as well. smile.gif I'm not trying to say I'm right or argue, I just like discussing things like this.
  • I see your point, and if I weren't so conservative, I'd agree.

I like discussing tihngs like this too...hehe.
  • Woooot!!! Paolo's a whore!!! biggrin.gif
    OK, I love him now >.<
    Haha!!

You know, I think that culturally, this is quite a big difference between the States and Britain. See, to me, having sex at 16 doesn't seem weird at all. A lot of my friends started having sex at 16 or younger, I know one guy who lost his virginity at 13 on the hood of a car. I think that in general, Britons are a bit more slaggish than you guys lol. Here it's generally more odd to wait, so I'm not surprised that he had sex in that way, that young.

I gotta say, his un--innocence is definitely making me warm to him tongue.gif
  • hahaha Electra!

ya i see everyone's point. like i'm 16 and i know kids that have sex and stuff, but it was just weird to hear that Paolo did it so early. But didn't he say that they both got drunk and had sex, and then they started going out? So it's not like the were dating and then did it.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jul 9 2007, 03:29 PM)
    Woooot!!! Paolo's a whore!!! biggrin.gif
    OK, I love him now >.<
    Haha!!

You know, I think that culturally, this is quite a big difference between the States and Britain. See, to me, having sex at 16 doesn't seem weird at all. A lot of my friends started having sex at 16 or younger, I know one guy who lost his virginity at 13 on the hood of a car. I think that in general, Britons are a bit more slaggish than you guys lol. Here it's generally more odd to wait, so I'm not surprised that he had sex in that way, that young.

I gotta say, his un--innocence is definitely making me warm to him tongue.gif

Wow, you Britons are saucy creatures, aren't you? wink.gif This opens up a whole new light.

As for his un-innocence making you warm up to him, I KNEW IT!!!

I wub.gif you.
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Jul 9 2007, 09:32 PM)
    Wow, you Britons are saucy creatures, aren't you? wink.gif This opens up a whole new light.

As for his un-innocence making you warm up to him, I KNEW IT!!!

I wub.gif you.

Haha. See what I mean? It's a different culture. So he's not that whorish really...

You know me so well! wub.gif
  • Ah, Electra, you truly are a voice of reason.
  • that is true haha
  • Do Britons have a different definition of handsome? Because a British lady just gushed about Prince Charles on TV.
  • ^^ HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I don't think so. But, you know, every nation has its share of freaks...

Oh, Courtney, Patty... i love you guys!
  • Hahaha I love you too.
  • I love all you guys, you're just too cool!
  • hi paolo buddies!

hmm interesting words about the sex business..
    but yeah i think courtney and i (and possibly others) are like way conservative.. i mean c'mon i just had my first drink EVER a couple months ago, and i'm 18.. and i wasn't even planning on drinking that night, curiosity just got the best of me..
    i mean to me, i think sex is a big deal and shouldn't be taken lightly. and for some reason, i don't really like paolo's attitude toward the whole fiasco - i can't quite explain it.. but yeah.
    and i understand that many view sex as a casual thing or whatever, but i just can't accept that for myself.
    so thats my opinion..

on a side note, i started summer school today, and there's a decent looking guy named Mike in my class smile.gif he wears glasses, and hes one of those people who look good in glasses smile.gif