In this Discussion

The official Album number 3 thread

edited November -1 in OK Go
seeing as it will be awile untill the next album

we can post all news we know about it in here

things that i rember hearing, that the style will be changing abit..and tim will be singing on afew more songs

anyone have links to back up these things?

when the album does come out this thread will also act as a poll for the fave songs on the album...a multi tasking thread!

Comments

• Tim is going to sing!! omg i cant wait i hope thats true i love when Tim sings
  • I got nothing, but look, Andy! You're "The Devil" now! At 5758 posts! We have to pay closer attention to your board status!
  • I know nothing about the new album except that it's supposed to be "a bit of a new sound."

But I'm EXCITED. They haven't even recorded it yet, hahah.

When do you think it'll be out?
  • i imagen it will be out next spring/summer...with them touring again from the summer/fall

just pray they dont do a hot action cop....been like 4 damn years since there last album..
  • I have to admit I'm such an impatient baby that I hope we hear something before the summer. Spring is the season of rebirth!

I love the part in It's a Disaster when Tim and Damian's voices sort of melt into each other-"It's an incredible me-ess!" Their voices together make one of the most beautiful sounds I've ever heard and I hope there's a lot of that in the new album.

I read an article in the paper about all this- the timing of music releases. It was saying that the music industry has a new speed. Beyonce, with a new cd every year, is a prime example. A lot of this comes from itunes and the new way people buy music.
  • Damian and Tims voice makes my heart melt
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Aug 13 2007, 04:51 PM)
    I have to admit I'm such an impatient baby that I hope we hear something before the summer. Spring is the season of rebirth!

I love the part in It's a Disaster when Tim and Damian's voices sort of melt into each other-"It's an incredible me-ess!" Their voices together make one of the most beautiful sounds I've ever heard and I hope there's a lot of that in the new album.

Exactly what I was thinking about summer being too long. I know the boys need their break, but I also need my OK Go fix. I get impatient too!

And I love that in It's A Disaster as well! It's gorgeous. I hope there's more of that, and after hearing Damian at the New Orleans thing, I'd like more brass instruments as well smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Aug 13 2007, 11:51 AM)
    I read an article in the paper about all this- the timing of music releases. It was saying that the music industry has a new speed. Beyonce, with a new cd every year, is a prime example. A lot of this comes from itunes and the new way people buy music.

yeah but ok go makes there own songs beyonce has like many people write them for her so its easier to come out with one every year
  • As much as I would like it now, I wont be mad if they take a while. I mean really, they deserve a break.

Does anyone know if they are recording it in Sweden again?
  • i hope they have more of the inside the studio videos again those rocked
  • Mhmm! I love those.

Does anyone think they will come up with a new dance?
  • yeah a wheelchair dance....haha acually that was a joke that damian made
  • I really hope not. Why extend the whole "dance band" gimmick and the labels being slapped on them because of it?
  • I'd love to hear Andy doing lead vocals... rolleyes.gif
  • i'd love to hear Dan doing lead vocals lol!!!
  • QUOTE (AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken @ Aug 13 2007, 01:23 PM)
    yeah but ok go makes there own songs beyonce has like many people write them for her so its easier to come out with one every year

well, I didn't mean just her. I mean the industry in general is moving toward a fast release of singles rather than a long wait for a big album, simply because ppl aren't buying albums anymore, now that they can just get the songs they want off itunes, for example. Musicians who can't produce fast enough are getting left behind, which is too bad. I'll try to find the article and post it here.
  • ohh ok now i understand
  • QUOTE (Nahko @ Aug 13 2007, 04:03 PM)
    I'd love to hear Andy doing lead vocals... rolleyes.gif

me too, me too wink.gif but i would take more backup from him... and by "more" i mean any at all because the old andy is on 'Oh No' and i'm super super pysched because precious andy will be on this one. smile.gif and i like when tim sings too. aaaaand i just like OK Go. how bout that.
  • QUOTE (Nahko @ Aug 13 2007, 04:03 PM)
    I'd love to hear Andy doing lead vocals... rolleyes.gif

smile.gif Mhmm! Not that Damian is bad at it, really, he's wonderful.
    QUOTE (AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken @ Aug 13 2007, 04:06 PM)
    i'd love to hear Dan doing lead vocals lol!!!

Aww I wonder what his singing voice would sound like smile.gif