In this Discussion

The official Album number 3 thread

Comments

• Ready, Set, OK Go!

biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Feb 13 2008, 05:13 PM)
    "No Stop"?

Ahaha! Yes! I would love that!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Feb 13 2008, 08:54 PM)
    Someone here's gonna get arrested laugh.gif

probably me, I'll get deported laugh.gif
  • Haha don't worry Rosa when I saw the word spandex boyshorts I got images too lol.
  • HAHAHAHAHAHA laugh.gif ...yes Courtney, I imagine you're right wink.gif
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Feb 19 2008, 04:30 AM)
    OF TIM!

I don't think I can lose THAT image now... omg.

... nope, it's stuck in my head.
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Feb 19 2008, 12:15 PM)

Who would want to lose that image ahahah
  • QUOTE (AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken @ Feb 19 2008, 06:41 PM)
    Who would want to lose that image ahahah

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

you're so right, what was I thinking tongue.gif
  • sheesh...you guys are pervs laugh.gif

I'm a beacon of morality.
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Feb 19 2008, 07:51 PM)
    sheesh...you guys are pervs laugh.gif

says the one with the highly questionable motivational posters tongue.gif Don't think of this as criticism, I LOVE those, hahahhaaa
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Feb 19 2008, 02:07 PM)
    says the one with the highly questionable motivational posters tongue.gif Don't think of this as criticism, I LOVE those, hahahhaaa

laugh.gif laugh.gif I don't mind criticism; but I digress, my motivational posters aren't pervy...they are...they are...emmm... mellow.gif ... okay, not even I can pull this one off. laugh.gif

• QUOTE (mayonaise @ Feb 19 2008, 08:15 AM)

ala Tim gone wild?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Feb 20 2008, 03:23 AM)
    ala Tim gone wild?

AHAHAHGAHAHA, ...now that's back, too..... I swear whenever I see someone on the street making those flying-bat-weird moves I think of Tim gone wild and , believe it or not, many people make that move lately, probably because they I'll think of Tim in this golden...thing. And whenever that video comes to mind, it's followed by Dans Shakira moves, haha.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Feb 13 2008, 05:46 PM)
    laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
    Fall release coincides with my birthday... this is good smile.gif

I see them getting more and more dire each time...

OK, Go.
    Oh No.
    Oh Shit.
    Oh Fuck.
    Give Up, Damian, Rollerskates and Treadmills Just Don't Go Together.

I can't WAIT for album five. wink.gif

who AM i for never having seen this 'til now??!?!?
    hahahahahhahah i love you wifey
  • Hey there everyone...

I basically read like the first post and am now replying.

With both albums being not only very good, but also very different, I am very excited.

Very.

Did anyone ever narrow down the release date?
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Apr 20 2008, 03:04 PM)
    Post-treadmill OK Go guys ponder next big thing
    Article about Tim, new album, the show, and Kalamazoo

"We don't do (choreographed dancing) as much anymore 'cause it is kind of expected, so it's not quite as pleasing, or it's not as much of a thrill. But we sort of try to incorporate other things that aren't what you'd see every night, or not what you'd expect at a normal rock show." - Tim

Man, I'm never gonna see them do the backyard dance. *mumbles incoherently*

Nordwind hopes to see an early 2009 release. Now in the writing process, the band plans to record by summer and finish by fall.

2009?!?!? What the frick!

• Yeah, I'd be EXTREMELY surprised if the next album were released before '09, especially if they're still writing stuff.
  • yeah, it seems like it might be a little ways off.

Last April I talked to Dan at a show and asked him if they were working on anything yet. He said that they were still doing too much touring, and that in the fall (2007) they were going to mellow for a while (and he was also getting married that september) but he said that while they were taking time off that fall they would probably be working on stuff. He anticipated that they would have a new one this spring...
    but ahh well....it will be well worth the wait.

I used to work in a recording studio (never got to assist on anything big...but that's another story!) and I remember how much work and time it took to get everything just right. Even before getting into the studio It's got to be just mind blowingly hard to even get enough material together that you think is awesome enough to put out. and then find the right producer/engineer, record it, fine tune it all. master it, etc etc.
  • While I really cannot WAIT for the next album, and I'm so excited to see all the promotional pics and b-sides to singles and everything that goes with it, I'm happy for them to take their time. I'd rather wait ages than the guys feel that they need to rush something out that doesn't meet their usual amazing standard, you know?