In this Discussion

The official Album number 3 thread

Comments

• QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Aug 20 2007, 09:12 PM)
    Errrr...digital download?? You can buy it off iTunes. Unless your problem is that you have the songs already, you just want the physical copy. Even if you do, you should buy it off of iTunes anyway. Because that would be the nice thing to do. smile.gif

Yep, I bought it off of iTunes already, but I like to have the actual cd.
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Aug 21 2007, 03:18 AM)
    Yep, I bought it off of iTunes already, but I like to have the actual cd.

Good girl. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Shalu-lah @ Aug 20 2007, 06:27 PM)
    I think they said September.

whoa, seriously? That's pretty damn quick! I'm totally used to living in "durantime" , which means waiting several years inbetween albums.
  • QUOTE (hungrylikethewolf @ Aug 21 2007, 08:58 AM)
    whoa, seriously? That's pretty damn quick! I'm totally used to living in "durantime" , which means waiting several years inbetween albums.

Ooh, that would kill me. I mean I want them to take a good break, but severl years? Sheesh! I'm glad it doesn't appear that OK Go is planning on doing that.
  • I'm always eager for a new album from one of my favorite artists, but I have to admit I'd rather wait for Gold than have them crank out some crap. I mean how dissappointed was I with Hard Candy when it came out... and Counting Crows doesn't throw out an album every year.

i just hate it when I have high expectations that don't get met, and if a little more time is what it takes to meet them then I'm fine with that.

I dunno, if any of that applies to OK Go, but it's my 2cents.
  • QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Aug 21 2007, 11:57 AM)
    I'm always eager for a new album from one of my favorite artists, but I have to admit I'd rather wait for Gold than have them crank out some crap. I mean how dissappointed was I with Hard Candy when it came out... and Counting Crows doesn't throw out an album every year.

i just hate it when I have high expectations that don't get met, and if a little more time is what it takes to meet them then I'm fine with that.
    I dunno, if any of that applies to OK Go, but it's my 2cents.

good point, I'd rather wait than get crap too
  • QUOTE (hungrylikethewolf @ Aug 21 2007, 01:16 PM)
    good point, I'd rather wait than get crap too

I agree.
  • Yeah, and plus they write so many awesome songs. They should take their time to make it perfect. happy.gif
  • What's with the crazy people who didn't try amazon.com for the first album? I ordered both albums off amazon.com 'cause none of the CD stores had them and they were telling me it'd take 8 weeks to import it through the store, whereas amazon.com took 4 weeks (4 insanely long weeks, but 4 weeks nonetheless). I am thoroughly cranky about Oh No, though, 'cause it didn't come with the cover bit so I was really confused for a whie as to why my Oh No didn't look like the pics on the internet.

Meanwhile I always get scared when my fave bands are getting ready to release a new album 'cause I'm terrified I'll hate it. I get all upset when they announce a release date 'cause it gets closer to that time when I have to buy it and figure out whether I love it or not. It's rare that i hate it but it doesn't stop me worrying.
  • QUOTE (God @ Aug 23 2007, 12:08 AM)
    Meanwhile I always get scared when my fave bands are getting ready to release a new album 'cause I'm terrified I'll hate it. I get all upset when they announce a release date 'cause it gets closer to that time when I have to buy it and figure out whether I love it or not. It's rare that i hate it but it doesn't stop me worrying.

Mhmm, I get scared to, but I've loved every song of OK Go's, including covers and the Appendices, so I highly doubt I'd hate anything they do.

In fact, they could go rap, and I'm sure I'd still love it.
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Aug 23 2007, 04:09 PM)
    Mhmm, I get scared to, but I've loved every song of OK Go's, including covers and the Appendices, so I highly doubt I'd hate anything they do.

In fact, they could go rap, and I'm sure I'd still love it.

A band I love(d - it depends on my mood and how self righteous they're being this week) did a song with rap in it and I just died. Not the good kind of dying like, "Oh that's so sexy I'm just melting into a puddle of goo," but the bad "Oh that's so bad I wish the ground would open up and swallow me whole" kind of died. Fortunately it was a leaked song and not actually on an album for everyday people to witness but fuck, that they recorded that song was enough to cause me pain.
  • QUOTE (God @ Aug 23 2007, 02:08 PM)
    What's with the crazy people who didn't try amazon.com for the first album? I ordered both albums off amazon.com 'cause none of the CD stores had them and they were telling me it'd take 8 weeks to import it through the store, whereas amazon.com took 4 weeks (4 insanely long weeks, but 4 weeks nonetheless). I am thoroughly cranky about Oh No, though, 'cause it didn't come with the cover bit so I was really confused for a whie as to why my Oh No didn't look like the pics on the internet.

Yeah, i got mine from amazon. It was actually cheaper to buy it from there with shipping than ordering it from any store here. Plus, as you said, it was quicker!

Ooh it's so exciting!!! biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (God @ Aug 23 2007, 01:13 AM)
    A band I love(d - it depends on my mood and how self righteous they're being this week) did a song with rap in it and I just died. Not the good kind of dying like, "Oh that's so sexy I'm just melting into a puddle of goo," but the bad "Oh that's so bad I wish the ground would open up and swallow me whole" kind of died. Fortunately it was a leaked song and not actually on an album for everyday people to witness but fuck, that they recorded that song was enough to cause me pain.

I would have to agree, God. There is always a chance it is never as good as the original. One of my favorite bands has been releasing good albums almost their entire lifespan, and only recently did they release something that I simply could not get into; thus falling way behind in "Toiletdog's Lifetime Favorite Tunes" list. NOT something you want to lose.
  • It's heartbreaking when someone you love disappoints you like that. It's like, "What were you thinking?" So yes, it's one of my biggest fears.
  • I think the guys are all fairly level headed. I also know that they are strong in their own beliefs and will do what they feel is best for them, not what the record company says.

I've been on that same level of disappointment too. I just don't think they will give up any artistic integrity for money. I haven't really heard any bad OK Go songs. Everything is going to be great, I'm sure.

So, no pressure guys:)
  • Bump

According to the January '08 AP article, it will be released in the late Summer.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Dec 24 2007, 11:31 AM)
    Bump

According to the January '08 AP article, it will be released in the late Summer.

late summer?
    That's sad.
    It's selfish of me to say, lol, but I don't wanna wait that long to hear a new song.
    oh, but didn't they say there would be demos done in feb? maybe they'll let us hear.
  • It's only about 6 months away...
  • Be prepared- "late summer" probably means like, "12 December." Album releases always always get pushed back.