In this Discussion

The official Album number 3 thread

Comments

• I totally understand the tour they have planned out, though. It's not a full-blown tour by any means so... I don't feel as though this area is getting "skipped"...

Haha I'm just trying to sound impartial even though I totally wish I could see them on this "tour"
  • mirrors and astronauts and Prince? sounds.... pretty weird. But delicious!
    And I really can't wait to see them again, fr srs. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif wub.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Sorry to all the midwestern boardies though sad.gif I'm sure they'll tour more extensively when the album actually comes out.
  • I'm really interested in the Aretha inspired stuff. Should be pretty awesome.

But, yeah, still feeling a little dissed that they're not coming to the Midwest. At least I don't have to check okgo.net every day now. Yep, there's always a bright side.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Feb 18 2009, 05:24 PM)
    mirrors and astronauts and Prince? sounds.... pretty weird.

Sounds pretty Glam Rock! I can understand more now the understated fashion for a more soulful album. Ooo, this is going to sound so good in MS, the birthplace of Soul music! I wonder if this album will have a sort of David Bowie "Plastic Soul" sound. David Bowie had a period of playing soul music. As a joke because he was a British white boy, he called it "plastic soul." (Notice that he also dressed down for the sound.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7lazZ1RZrg

This is the most useful information yet, even a tentative title. Thanks so much, Rachel!
  • Ayeeeee, I am so excited about the new album!!! It sounds really interesting... and harmonic and melodic and perhaps ethereal and ... just perfect. Can't. Wait.

• Yeeeah.
    I bet Rolling Stone meant "Roberta Flack" when they said "Aretha Franklin," though. Just sayin'.
    And "dancey and anthemic and expansive"...ooh, I'm excited!
    Thanks for the find, Rachel!
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Feb 19 2009, 10:28 PM)
    Yeeeah.
    I bet Rolling Stone meant "Roberta Flack" when they said "Aretha Franklin," though. Just sayin'.

HAH! Nice catch. I bet you're right biggrin.gif
  • Thanks for posting that Rachel! Can't wait to hear a release-date. And skipping Chicago really doesn't make any sense.
  • You're welcome guys! Here's another one for you:
    http://www.the-questionnaire.com/2009/02/19/damian-kulash/

It's really fun. "Hello, Damian, how's your album coming? Fine, thanks for asking".

Also ZOMG MISUSE OF APOSTROPHES DRIVES ME NUTS.
    What is the craziest thing you ever did?
    Not fit for print.

I wanna knoooooow

Associations:
    Meme Dawkins

*melts* Sciencey evolution-based geekishness portrayed by Damian Kulash.
    Love.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Feb 20 2009, 10:44 AM)
    *melts* Sciencey evolution-based geekishness portrayed by Damian Kulash.
    Love.

You *know* I thought of you right away when I read that, right?
  • sorry if this has already been posted... not that it's shocking or anything
    http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7014139841

"OK Go, the rock band originally from Chicago, have announced spring tour dates, where they promise to give fans the preview of new songs from their upcoming album."

So, Rach, Katy... you guys are luuucky wink.gif

this is a good one too (short, but sweet):
    http://www.digitalspy.com/music/a147220/ok...ired-album.html

and
    "Help Is On The Way"
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Feb 20 2009, 08:05 AM)
    Also ZOMG MISUSE OF APOSTROPHES DRIVES ME NUTS.

What turns you on creatively?
    Paradox, contradiction, honesty, people who are smarter than me, people who have more noble aims than mine, soul music from the 60’s and 70’s, greek myths, pop science books, and most of all, the song Mr. Boombastic, by Shaggy.

^^Irony? Yes.

Happiness Warm Gun

Win.

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Feb 20 2009, 03:16 PM)
    http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7014139841

"OK Go, the rock band originally from Chicago, have announced spring tour dates, where they promise to give fans the preview of new songs from their upcoming album."

So, Rach, Katy... you guys are luuucky wink.gif

Well, yeah, I figured that's what this tour is all about because 1) the did the same thing pre-Oh No and 2) it would silly of them to come up with this whole new cache of songs and then...like...not play them.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Feb 20 2009, 03:38 PM)

What turns you on creatively?
    Paradox, contradiction, honesty, people who are smarter than me, people who have more noble aims than mine, soul music from the 60’s and 70’s, greek myths, pop science books, and most of all, the song Mr. Boombastic, by Shaggy.

^^Irony? Yes.

UMM HELLO THE BACK OF MAYO'S TSHIRT HE SIGNED???
  • Mr.Boombastic was just about my favorite song when I was four!

Misuse of apostrophe
    Haha that's hilarious. My friend and I have this running joke about misused apostrophes and how ridiculous they can get. They're so frustrating, but kind of amusing.

Once again, Damian has proven that he is teh awesome.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Feb 20 2009, 03:56 PM)
    UMM HELLO THE BACK OF MAYO'S TSHIRT HE SIGNED???

Well, yeah, that was a mistake on his part, for sure. The thing about the article is we don't know if that's Damian's error or not - whether he filled that questionnaire in himself or did it orally (heeeeee sorry) or if something was messed up in transition, which is quite possible. A lot of people don't realise that it should be '60s and '70s, so I wouldn't be surprised if it got changed by the author or editor. They also noted Damian's dog as Bunny Carlos, which could be another indication of an error on the site's side.

Then again, that's the second time that's happened so maybe the dog really is Bunny Carlos.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Feb 20 2009, 09:41 PM)
    Then again, that's the second time that's happened so maybe the dog really is Bunny Carlos.

I always thought it was Bunny Carlos. Like it was a play off Bun E. Carlos, but they sound pretty much exactly the same, so who knows.

And I'm not the only who thought "Bring help!" after hearing the working title, right?
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Feb 21 2009, 12:51 AM)
    And I'm not the only who thought "Bring help!" after hearing the working title, right?

LOLOL!! Yes! Good one! I also thought of a Monkees song called "Hold On Girl." Davy sings the lyric, "Hold on girl, help is on it's way." laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Feb 21 2009, 02:51 AM)
    I always thought it was Bunny Carlos. Like it was a play off Bun E. Carlos, but they sound pretty much exactly the same, so who knows.

I always thought it was "Bun E. Carlos" and reporters just always heard "Bunny Carlos." But I could be totally wrong.
  • ^^ well, you'll have plenty of opportunities to ask him in a couple of weeks tongue.gif