In this Discussion

The official Album number 3 thread

Comments

• QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Feb 22 2009, 01:17 AM)
    ^^ well, you'll have plenty of opportunities to ask him in a couple of weeks tongue.gif

Feh, I'm more interested in getting him to have a beer with me.
  • I like the way you think, Katy.
  • Awwww naaaaa! I was hoping the new album was going to FUCKIN ROCK like OH NO with loud guitars and all that lovely kind of noise.

I went through a 10 year classic soul and R&B phase with an extra heavy dose of Ray Charles/Aretha/Prince/Sly/Earth Wind and Fire among many others, and that's ALL I listened to, so OK GO and Elvis Costello kind of broke me out of that a few years back and it was a breath of fresh air for me.

Not that I don't listen to any of that stuff anymore, but you know when you just kind of overdo something for a decade and then your ears need something new.
    AH well, I'm sure it will be soul-influenced in an OK GO kind of way so not to worry.

I just had a feeling, though, with all the suff they were listening to in the studio in the video. It was funny to hear some old Ice Cube in there and it made me drag out the old Ice Cube collection I have on um *gulp* cassette
    AmeriKKKa's most wanted! Str8 outta Compton! Easy E! eeecchhh

• GUYS!

First of all, remember me? Yes/no? Yes?

Secondly, NEWS. REAL. SOLID. NEWS. My brain just stopped.
  • SHALUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Feb 23 2009, 06:16 PM)
    SHALUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!

Clearly Katie does.
  • You're back! ?
  • Yes! I remember you.
  • LOL, welcome back Shalu!
  • HIIII EVERYONE!

So I've been lurking for a while but was always too lazy to log in... but this definitely warranted a log-in.
  • Latest issue of Rolling Stone listed the album as due in August, title TBD. So it'll probably be out around mid-September or something.
  • http://music-mix.ew.com/2009/05/ok-go-skyscrape.html

The Influence of the Blue Ray of the Sunlight and of the Blue Color of the Sky?

I'm not entirely sure how to react to that, although blue *is* my favorite color.

Oh and I snuck two seconds of Skyscrapers (even though I'm not supposed to at work I couldn't help it) and I like the song a lot more now.
  • re: Skyscrapers- Oh, yeah. Definitely Appendices. Except, sexier? yeah. that.

*love* wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Also, I love the new tentative album title. I am so totally a fan.

On a related note-

Surely you must have the occasional nightmare about, "If I had a dollar for every time someone viewed the 'Here It Goes Again' video on YouTube, I'd never have to get out of a chair again."

This makes me wonder- Are Ok Go partnered on Youtube? There's no banners or autoplay on their channel, so I'm inclined to say no.
    But if not, why not? Surely they ought to be. They could(have) make(made) a killing on their video views. Not quite a dollar per view, but still a hell of a lot of money. I mean, I know Youtube's having all these issues that real paying companies don't want to have ads on user-generated content, but surely official music videos and official major-label band channels must be alright. Even if they are viral and user-generated. And if The Spinto Band can get partnered on Youtube, I don't see why Ok Go can't. Hmm.

(ETA: I know that normal vloggers and people making truly user-generated content on Youtube have to apply for partnership. But I also know that if someone's become popular quickly or seem to be rising stars, Youtube will often invite them to apply. So either a whole lot of people are generally ignorant, or Youtube's not interested, or the band/label isn't interested. But I still don't know why that would be the case for either of them. It seems like a win-win situation to me. And a lot of other official music channels seem to be partnered as a matter of course.)

/rant
  • I ain't gonna lie, my heart's been pounding since I heard it. Damn. I was writing my own freaking music today and now I'm all sidetracked.

Anyway, I completely agree, Meg, about a YouTube partnership. OK Go freaking MADE YouTube.

Oh and PS, blue solves all the world's problems? I swear this is what I'm wearing today: http://twitpic.com/4qjma
  • fucking in love with this new song/sound/everything

i have avoided all "usermade" vids and the offical vids from the boys, as i just want to listen to the music first time, myself, with no outside influences

and i am so fucking glad i have chosen this path, as my mind has just been blown

...see you all in september i guess =p
  • I'm going to be petty and say I need a full album to make a real assessment. I love this song live from what I've seen on youtube, but it's not doing much for me in this form. With a full album, I'll be much better able to grasp and enjoy Ok Go Soul. I am so not patient, what is the matter with me!
  • Woah. There are flower petals underneath my subwoofer and they literally danced up when I started to play Skyscrapers. I loving the smooth guitar, but the little high-pitched bluesy thing Damian does 3/4 was a little too unexpected. I have no idea what to think of it. But I'm so glad to hear an actual recording of a new song.

I don't know if I said this before, but I went to Banana Republic a couple weeks ago and asked if I could have their promotional signs they they're done. The lady said there's some weird copyright thing and they have to destroy the signs. sleep.gif maybe if I pushed it more, she would've let me have them. Anyone else have any luck? Maybe one of us should obtain an entire billboard. wub.gif

btw, listen to Skyscrapers and watch Head Full of Crazy's avatar. It's almost as entertaining as watching HIGA and listening to...[insert random upbeat dancy song].
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ May 8 2009, 11:11 PM)
    btw, listen to Skyscrapers and watch Head Full of Crazy's avatar. It's almost as entertaining as watching HIGA and listening to...[insert random upbeat dancy song].

OMG, rofl! rofl! That is so very very entertaining and amusing! It just goes together so amazingly perfectly! Now that I have something visual to go with it, I enjoy this song a whole lot more. Kudos to Tapegrl and Pandy! laugh.gif tongue.gif

• I guess they destroy the signs so OK Go isnt made to endorse something they havent been paid for or want to by someone reusing the signs...

but yeah.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

skyscrapers is soo great. I love it so much. I almost fainted. Im so excited.

like all of the love i have for "my dentistry is top notch AHHHIEEOUUUAH" put into a full length song.... so great

so princy i love it so much. you know how i love prince... but yeah so farking excitedj.

first time in a while ive ventured into this section of the board.

but yeah ill stop rambling

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ May 9 2009, 02:04 PM)
    so princy i love it so much. you know how i love prince... but yeah so farking excitedj.

I don't like Prince, which I feel could have some influence on my feelings towards the new songs. Kind of undecided about Skyscrapers right now - I love most of it but there's something about the high-pitchedness that makes me feel uncomfortable, somehow. I haven't quite figured it out yet. Looking forward to hearing more though, I think I'll need to hear the album in its entirety.