In this Discussion

The official Album number 3 thread

Comments

• QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 9 2009, 08:03 AM)
    34 days. biggrin.gif

So, to tide us over for those 34 days, we have a little goodie. I have NO idea how good or bad this is, as I'm at work and cannot download anything, but here is a remix of This Too Shall Pass by very cool indie band Passion Pit. How Passion Pit got their hands on the original song to remix it, I'll never know, but there you go. Maybe NME arranged it. ::shrug:: The import thing here, though, is that it is a bit of a sneak preview for us. Enjoy, folks!

lmao I JUST found this because of their email update and salivated all over it. I guess I should come here more often D: I've just been distracted by other shiny internet things recently.

Anyways I am still incredibly excited about this album finally dropping, and that's what matters, right?
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Dec 16 2009, 02:01 AM)
    lmao I JUST found this because of their email update and salivated all over it. I guess I should come here more often D: I've just been distracted by other shiny internet things recently.

Anyways I am still incredibly excited about this album finally dropping, and that's what matters, right?

LOL, I saw the tweet and was wondering why you were still so excited. biggrin.gif
  • Everywhere I see pre-orders I see the green artwork..
    Hopefully this is the official, cause I like it a million times better then the black one..
  • Speaking of pre-orders, does anyone know how to add a poster tube to an existing order from SmartPunk?
  • With the album almost here, I was wondering, where is all the info for this?
    The only actual info we know about this album is the tracklisting..
  • QUOTE (Joris @ Dec 28 2009, 06:26 AM)
    With the album almost here, I was wondering, where is all the info for this?
    The only actual info we know about this album is the tracklisting..

What else did you want to know?
  • I'm really confused now... blink.gif
    Why are there 3 results for "OK Go - Of The Blue Colour Of The Sky" on amazon(.de)
    and they have all a different prize!!
    http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_ss?__mk_de_D...amp;x=0&y=0

Of the Blue Colour of the Sky (the dark cover)
    # EUR 12,95
    # Audio CD (12. January 2010)
    # Number of Discs: 1
    # Label: Import (Megaphon)
    (official tracklisting)
    Of the Blue Colour of the Sky (the bright cover with the big letters)
    # EUR 38,99
    # Audio CD (6. January 2010)
    # Label: Japan (Megaphon)
    (no tracklisting!!)
    # EUR 16,99
    # Audio CD (19. Febuary 2010)
    # Number of Discs : 1
    # Label: Capitol (EMI)
    (official tracklisting)
    I want to pre-order the album but now I really don't know which I should pre-order!!
    Do you know where the difference is between these 3,because in the German version of Amazon
    there are no hints that any of these 3 have a different tracklist / bonus tracks....
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 28 2009, 02:42 PM)
    What else did you want to know?

Well, actually you don't see any updates on the website regarding the album, no twitter updates regarding the album..
    I can be wrong ofcourse, but when you release an album, I'm sure you want to talk about it, alot.
    Yes, we have all the interviews etc but I can't wait for any previews, photos of the packaging for example, or at least the guys can tell us what the official artwork will be?
    Be honest, we only have a videoclip and a tracklisting..!

In my honest opinion the album should get some more attention, I think it deserves some more attention, too.
    My local record store didn't even know about the album coming out on the 12th.
    But when you talk about Vampire Weekend being out on the same day, they know it and they've already pre-ordered that..
    I really do have faith this album could be a definite breaktrough for the guys but they definitely need to advertise the album more in Europe apart from the tour..

Also, releasing an album in the beginning of the year is rather bad. People will probably forget about the album when the end of year is near..

Thats all, I'm just super excited! I'm googling the album everyday to see if there is some link I haven't clicked yet.. rolleyes.gif unsure.gif
    I think I haven't been so excited for a CD to come out ever before. Ever.
  • QUOTE (PinkMuffin @ Dec 28 2009, 05:18 PM)
    Of the Blue Colour of the Sky (the dark cover)
    # EUR 12,95
    # Audio CD (12. January 2010)
    # Label: Import (Megaphon)
    (official tracklisting)

Probably the Japanese regular version since it says 'import'

QUOTE (PinkMuffin @ Dec 28 2009, 05:18 PM)
    # EUR 38,99
    # Audio CD (6. January 2010)
    # Label: Japan (Megaphon)
    (no tracklisting!!)

I assume this is the Deluxe edition with Bonus DVD with videoclips, I can pre-order this too on a Dutch retail website, same price..

QUOTE (PinkMuffin @ Dec 28 2009, 05:18 PM)
    # EUR 16,99
    # Audio CD (19. Febuary 2010)
    # Number of Discs : 1
    # Label: Capitol (EMI)
    (official tracklisting)

This seems to be the official European release. See EMI. not sure on the release date though, 19th of February?
    On platomania.nl, Hollands biggest record selling store, its coming out on the 8th of January!
    Oh and it has the bright cover there too, so fingers crossed for that one. Allthough, the official OK Go website has the dark cover on it..
  • QUOTE (Joris @ Dec 28 2009, 01:32 PM)
    But when you talk about Vampire Weekend being out on the same day, they know it and they've already pre-ordered that..

Vampire Weekend is also a much bigger name for record stores....sorry....

That's not really information you're looking for. That's advertising and promotions.
  • 10 days. And If the Plato record store over here really do have it next week on friday I definitely going to get it then. It's 7 days then! biggrin.gif

Edit: I just called them and indeed, its coming next friday!!
  • QUOTE (Joris @ Jan 2 2010, 06:59 AM)
    10 days. And If the Plato record store over here really do have it next week on friday I definitely going to get it then. It's 7 days then! biggrin.gif

Edit: I just called them and indeed, its coming next friday!!

Will they be allowed to sell it before the release date?! If so, that truly is fabulous for you.

So. Paste Magazine has a feature on the new album on page 66, a good and a bad. The good review is rather solid and the bad basically boils down to "WAAAH. YouTube." So I still say it's good news. Also Filter gave the CD an 84%! I went to Borders today, as well, and they are going to be selling the CD for $12.99. B&N has it for $1 more. Also I read the following article yesterday morning, sorry it's taken me so long to post it, but it's really brilliant. http://illinoisentertainer.com/2009/12/ok-go-interview/. The most entertaining Damian interview since the Julianne Moore/Twilight one.

Finally, Katy and I went to see Serious Business band Higgins on Tuesday. Travis is very excited about the new CD.

10 days. Just 10 more days.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 2 2010, 07:07 PM)
    Will they be allowed to sell it before the release date?! If so, that truly is fabulous for you.

Yea no problem! Its pretty common over here that when an album comes out on monday or tuesday, its available the friday before the release date. I'm going to call them friday morning and if they have it, I'll pick up 2 copies, one for me and one for my girlfriend. It's only €15! Seriously can't wait, haven't been this excited for a CD before!

EDIT: Oh and btw, I definitely think the green artwork is the actual one. I guess the black one is for web releases only and the green one for the physical release..
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 2 2010, 01:07 PM)
    Also Filter gave the CD an 84%!

Are you serious?? That's fantastic.
  • i <3 white knuckles so much
  • Listening to this makes me really think this is going to be so much different then their previous albums.
    Loving the new direction. Absolutely tremendous song!
  • Argh. Cannot wait to get home so that I too can hear the studio version of White Knuckles.

Anyway. Here's an interview/review sort of article. http://www.hitsonline.net/2010/01/ok-go-di...uenced-new.html