In this Discussion

The official Album number 3 thread

Comments

• Hey guys, feel free to move this post if it's not in the right place.

We just posted an interview with Tim I thought you may be interested in:
    http://dontfearthemainstream.blogspot.com/...m-nordwind.html

He talks about a couple of the new songs and says the band is planning to make a video for every song on the new album.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Oct 22 2009, 01:50 PM)
    "The Notre Dame marching band… they aren't the extras in the videos, they are actually the band. There are 120 of them, and only 4 of us," says lead singer Damian Kulash.

Students from Perley Elementary and Shepherd Montossori are also in the video. The video is expected to be released in late January or early February.

!!!!!

Ok I'm an ex-Marching Band geek myself (would be a continuing Marching Band geek if Smith had a band...) and this is amazing.
    Also I know a clarinetist in the ND band from high school days and if he made it into the vid that would be hilariously awesome.
    <3<3<3<3<3
    Also also, This Too Shall Pass == love
    and so is making a video for every song!

tl;dr: I'M EXCITED OMGYAY.
  • Click me for an interview with Damian about "Shooting the Moon" and touring and recording Blue.

"I've been gardening."
  • That was nice. Thanks, Becky!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Oct 25 2009, 05:56 AM)
    New single, "WTF?" out on iTunes Nov 10.

Tonight in PA Damian said there is also going to be a video coming out as-well, but I am un-sure if he meant it would be on the same date... but it seemed like he did
  • QUOTE (hensocks @ Nov 5 2009, 01:59 AM)
    Tonight in PA Damian said there is also going to be a video coming out as-well, but I am un-sure if he meant it would be on the same date... but it seemed like he did

Were you there? That's so awesome!
  • The Capitol OK Go Street Team is back up.

Track Listing
    1. WTF?
    2. This Too Shall Pass
    3. All Is Not Lost
    4. Needing/Getting
    5. Skyscrapers
    6. White Knuckles
    7. I Want You So Bad I Can't Breathe
    8. End Love
    9. Before The Earth Was Round
    10. Last Leaf
    11. Back From Kathmandu
    12. While You Were Asleep
    13. In The Glass
  • For what it's worth, I would be willing to bet money that they're playing WTF? on this latest bit of touring so you'll get to hear that, Midwesterners. Potentially Needing/Getting as well, since it was on The Hills. In Brooklyn ARoss told Katy and me that they had tried to get some more new songs stage ready but it didn't come together in time.

• If thats the final artwork I don't like it, at all sad.gif
  • In Columbus last night, there was no "new" new stuff. Just the six (six!) new songs that they've already played live so far. (edit: It's actually seven new songs. I'm correcting myself.)

The new stuff sounds SO GOOD.

I was pretty blissed-out today. smile.gif
  • HOLY!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/WTF/dp/B002W0P2FY

Here's a preview for 'WTF?'. It sounds absolutely amazing!
    But eh? Original Release Date: 17 Nov 2009
  • QUOTE (Joris @ Nov 8 2009, 10:32 AM)
    Here's a preview for 'WTF?'. It sounds absolutely amazing!
    But eh? Original Release Date: 17 Nov 2009

Oooh thank you for posting! It says 17 Nov on the US site too. My guess is that the video is out on iTunes on Tuesday, and then the song itself becomes available for download a week later. Either that or iTunes gets it first by a week. I wouldn't worry. smile.gif
  • HOLY HOLY HOLY HO.

This song is smokin' hot. Damian's falsetto is smokin' hot. I don't always like his falsetto, but in this case...!

They're not kidding about the Prince influence.

Plus, November 17 is my goddamn birthday.
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Nov 8 2009, 03:59 PM)
    This song is smokin' hot. Damian's falsetto is smokin' hot. I don't always like his falsetto, but in this case...!

Where's the goddamn "like" button on this comment!?
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Nov 5 2009, 08:17 PM)
    6. White Knuckles

I about lost my mind last night when they played this song... seriously.

Glad I stopped back by. The ND pics are incredible. I love Andy's face : )

The show last night @ the Blind Pig was amazing... Damian was ultra chatty. His stage banter is ever-present but last night it was just... through the roof. I'm not sure what's going on with them, but he was incredible to everyone after the show. He's always been so nice and generous but last night, it was more so than normal.
  • It's happening tomorrow, folks! The twitter account is hinting at it, and they're trying to make this a trending topic - #WTFisOKGOthinking? Let's make it happen!!!!!
  • QUOTE (Joris @ Nov 9 2009, 03:36 PM)
    biggrin.gif

blizow! http://bit.ly/okgowtf
  • Holy sweet potatoes, I must have psychic powers. After being away from the boards, I decided to re-visit on a whim (more like study procrastination) and SHAZAM! New music and video! Eep!

Very VERY different sound from their previous endeavours. I guess I'll reserve my judgements for when the full album comes out.
  • LolaBert! I missed you and Jagger. biggrin.gif