In this Discussion

The official Album number 3 thread

Comments

• Not sure where else to put this. In support of album #3, High Road's site now features a new bio by Ira Glass:

http://www.highroadtouring.com/artists/okgo/bio/
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Sep 21 2009, 08:07 PM)
    Not sure where else to put this. In support of album #3, High Road's site now features a new bio by Ira Glass:

Wow. Just. Wow.

I really need to hear this record now.

However, this kinda makes me sad: Apparently some really sad stuff is happening in the guys’ personal lives – perhaps fueled by their ridiculous 31-month stint on the road, away from loved ones – and the way they’re expressing it is with infectious melodies, a sense of rhythm I can only describe as much feelier than before, and lyrics that seem either cheerful or trying-desperately-to-be-cheerful, depending on your frame of mind.

And yet, emphatic YES! But don’t let that distract you, the best part of OK Go is still the music.
  • I've now read that bio like 3 times. ::sigh:: Ira Glass is a genius wordsmith. wub.gif I cannot wait for this CD to come out. wub.gif wub.gif
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Sep 21 2009, 09:07 PM)
    Not sure where else to put this. In support of album #3, High Road's site now features a new bio by Ira Glass:

I think that's possibly the only 'bio' that gets to the heart of why I love this band so much <3

Although I agree that the "sad personal life" stuff is no good sad.gif
  • Rolling Stone article says the new album name is Of the Blue Colour of the Sky.

I'm diggin' there's a song called "WTF?"
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Sep 22 2009, 11:02 PM)
    I'm diggin' there's a song called "WTF?"

Me too!!

Here's another Damian quote from Alternative Press:

http://www.altpress.com/news/okgojan.htm

It's not so much that we headed in a new direction. I think we've just expended the guitar-rock ideas from our teens and we're starting to get at more root-level influences. There's a lot of (Prince's) Purple Rain on this record --an album I haven't stopped listening to since I got it when I was 11. I think it sounds more like us than anything else we've done. It's more like the music that's in the back of my head, just out of reach, that I've been trying to get to for so long. And it embodies contradiction in a way I feel connected to. It's both the saddest and the most hopeful music we've made, and both the danciest and most thoughtful.

• I'm thinking the album release date is going to change. Why? Because they will be in the UK doing a mini-tour when it would be released. While, it's all fine and dandy to be in the UK and what not, why would they be on the other side of the pond when their album gets dropped here in the States without them? I see that they aren't performing on the 12th, but would flying back and forth make any kind of sense?

I'm still holding out for a 2/23/10 release date.
  • That kind of makes sense Becky.
    Idk.
    I think the long drought of no news whatsoever was the worst. Now that they're starting to do publicity and prepare for the album drop, I think I'll be ok if it gets moved back. As long as there's some communication from them, I won't go stir crazy.

okgo.net was just updated with a nice album review/recap and it says Jan. 12th. It has the same quote Rachel posted too.

" It's more like the music that's in the back of my head, just out of reach, that I've been trying to get to for so long. And it embodies contradiction in a way I feel connected to. It's both the saddest and the most hopeful music we've made, and both the danciest and most thoughtful."

That just makes my heart leap. It's just.... gah <3 I can't wait.

• I'm putting this here because it pertains to the new album:

"Ok Go" works with ND Marching Band to make music video to be released next year.

"The Notre Dame marching band… they aren't the extras in the videos, they are actually the band. There are 120 of them, and only 4 of us," says lead singer Damian Kulash.

Students from Perley Elementary and Shepherd Montossori are also in the video. The video is expected to be released in late January or early February.

There's also a video in the link, but I'm at work and it's blocked.

I wonder which song they're making the video for.

I also wonder if they'll put Touchdown Jesus in there, too.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Oct 22 2009, 01:50 PM)
    There's also a video in the link, but I'm at work and it's blocked.

I wonder which song they're making the video for.

I also wonder if they'll put Touchdown Jesus in there, too.

It's This Too Shall Pass. If you watch the vid (which you need to do), you will see that it's This Too Shall Pass. I am Very Excited.
  • I have found a whole new love for aross. However, that love will be discontinued if he can't actually play that instrument.
  • OK, so this is Why Tim was Twittering about being in Mishawaka indiana at an IHOP. I was kind of wondering what they were doing there?

Thanks for the tip!
  • This is great. I was a marching band geek in high school.

Which means now I'll probably call them out on crappy technique and Damian will get all huffy and talk smack about me onstage again. Awesome! I can't wait!
  • That music video is going to be the epitome of adorable.
  • Thank you Michigan paper for this:
    http://www.washtenawvoice.com/?p=3902

New single, "WTF?" out on iTunes Nov 10.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Oct 25 2009, 01:56 PM)
    Thank you Michigan paper for this:
    http://www.washtenawvoice.com/?p=3902

New single, "WTF?" out on iTunes Nov 10.

Thanks for posting this! I can't wait for the whole album next year wink.gif

And I'm so excited to see the video of This Too Shall Pass.
    OK Go looks pretty funny in this uniform. laugh.gif
  • I made a new type last week and thought it was cool to make a simple OK Go artwork just for my iPod.
    Feel free to use it yourself, too biggrin.gif

• ^^^
    Ooh, I like that! Very nice, joris!

OK Go were at the Notre Dame football game yesterday. My dad was at that game, and he said that at halftime they brought the guys out onto the field as "special guests." Four band members came out and gave the guys band hats, and they wore them around for a while. smile.gif

• This doesn't necessarily belong in here, but whatevs.

Lovin' Tim's scarf. I wonder who made it...

Hmm, someone likes to camwhore.

Love the faces in this one.

All the pics are from here.
  • Ok, holy shit. I obviously haven't been on this board for a little while because I totally missed when they updated okgo.net. It looks f*cking amazing!!!