In this Discussion

sad list

Comments

• im sorry to hear that hun

one of my friends lost there mum at an early age, it has such a huge impact on everyone involved =[
  • QUOTE (xxhot-shot-sugarxx @ Sep 6 2008, 11:58 AM)
    yesterday morning my two guy friends lost their dad to a heart attack. they are my age and their dad was about 40 years old.
    they have a little sister and brother and now their stay at home mom has to take care of all of them and find the money to feed them.
    me and my friends are trying to come up with ways to help
    it is really really upsetting.

sad.gif Wow. All my condolences and wishes are with them.
  • Oh my gosh, Theresa, that's so awful. All my thoughts are with that family.
  • My fish died today. :-(
  • The Cubs are done for the season. So depressing to go from #1 to nothing. sad.gif
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Oct 6 2008, 11:03 AM)
    The Cubs are done for the season. So depressing to go from #1 to nothing. sad.gif

That is sad... I wore my Cubs hat today, too. Considering the Tigers stunk it up this season, I couldn't bring myself to wear that hat...

Theresa, I hope everything is going okay for your friends. I can't even imagine what they are going through. I'm definitely keeping their family in my thoughts and prayers
  • ::hugs:: Aww Becky! You'll get your hoodie someday. I totally understand and appreciate what you're going through though, The Yanks have done it to me countless times. This year they didn't even make post-season!
  • - the attacks in Mumbai

• -not seeing your boyfriend for a week
    and then having him go to vegas so you can't talk to him OR see him for another four days.
  • I don't post here that often....but I saw this thread and had to add this to the sad list.

November 25th, 2008 This could be the most difficult piece of news we have ever had to post. Sadly, Phantom Planet will be playing our last show, December 12, at the Troubadour in Los Angeles, the same venue that we played our very first live all ages gig, back in 1994. We have had an amazing time playing together for 15 years, but we have officially decided to go on hiatus, and will not be playing any more live shows or making any new records, indefinitely. There is so much more to write, but at this time, we just want to say thank you, to everyone, for their support, friendship, inspiration, attendance, and love.

-alex, darren, jeff and sam.

Along with OK Go and BRMC, Phantom Planet has been a big part of my life....their music and their live shows have meant so much to me and to know that there won't be any more music from them as a band is heartbreaking to me.
  • the lack of posts around here the past few days makes me sad...
  • posts will pick up soon when the kids come home from uni and things...and such...yeah
  • it is pretty sad... but andy is probably right.
  • Last episode of Conan tonight. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

And my local PBS station just showed the last episode of the first season of Doctor Who, so that just added more sadness.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Feb 21 2009, 03:01 AM)
    Last episode of Conan tonight. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Last episode of Conan was sad, but also sad that it was so boring.
  • Yeah, it was pretty boring. I got excited when Andy came out, but then they didn't do anything and the only good clip they showed was the old timey baseball one.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Feb 21 2009, 08:56 PM)
    Yeah, it was pretty boring. I got excited when Andy came out, but then they didn't do anything and the only good clip they showed was the old timey baseball one.

True that. They showed some better clips during the week but I can't believe in the last episode the only people who showed up were Will Ferrell, Andy Richter, and the White Stripes.
  • http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20090...MMUN05/90403027

I lived here for 4 years. That building is only a few blocks from my old apartment. My heart really breaks for that city.